Mun - A Love Story

FlamingWombatz

TektonBannerRockets.jpg

It is with great excitement and anticipation that I announce today the establishment of Tekton Galactic, a breakout aerospace firm with the intent of greater service to the local community and those abroad.

But enough of these sugared words. I\'ve played lots of space themed games (probably starting with EV Nova and various Rogue Squadron games and SPAZ as of late) but I was always disappointed when it really took no skill to dock with an orbital space station or land on a planet. I\'ve been looking for a game like this for quite a while.

I\'m a third year Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering student and this may turn out to be the best game on the planet, if not essentially a Soviet space program simulator (infinite cash and lots of explosions) but with Muppets. I\'ve lurked around these forums a bit and found some helpful information, and with some practice managed to land on the Mun and return fairly routinely. I\'m working on getting that pinpoint accuracy that I\'m certain will be useful in the future.

On behalf of Tekton Galactic, I present a pair of launch platforms for various mission profiles.

Volition Mk III

Volition: (n) The faculty or power of using one\'s will.

A versatile platform with varying capabilities based upon the payload. Capable of lifting several full fuel tanks worth of cargo into a variety of orbits or being fitted in a Lander configuration capable of Mun expeditions. You decide what you want it to do.

screenshot29.png

screenshot42.png

Lander Variant

screenshot58.png

Payload Delivery Variant (with a single fuel tank as a payload stand-in)

Element Mk II

Element: (n) A part or aspect of something, esp. one that is essential or characteristic.

Not directly intended for payload delivery or Mun landings (although it is capable of landing and returning if you\'re an amazing pilot) this platform works well for surveying and experimentation.

screenshot59.png

screenshot55.png

screenshot57.png

Also, I think it would be amazing if there was some sort of vapor cone animation as your craft accelerated beyond transonic. I haven\'t seen that suggestion anywhere, but I think it would give a real appreciation for how fast you end up going.

Tekton: (n) From the same root as 'technical' and 'technology', derived from Greek, that at the time could cover makers of objects in various materials.

Welcome wombat of fire!

I also enjoy the challenge of KSP. Though to be honest the ships I build should never fly, but that\'s the fun. Build whatever your imagination can come up with and go for it. Good luck with your studies, I hope NASA finds you before some defense contractor does!

Cheers,

Thor

Chief engineer KSP Insane Rockets Division