[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

29 minutes ago, HiThere!2 said:

Start your gravity turn at about ~100 m/s, and be at 45 degrees by 18 kilometers if your planning an RTLS, if not do 12, and be flat by 55km, hopefully the second stage by then

1.2 for anything that's at 0.85 rescale factor, 1.454 for the rest should work ok, just try around that until it fits.

There are no subassemblies, but you can get the craft by moving the .craft files in the mod folder to your VAB folder inside the Ships folder.

I hope this helped!

Yup. It helped. Thanks!

On 5/26/2017 at 1:51 AM, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

2. What is the right rescale factor for LazTek's dragon? I'm trying to fit it on KK's falcon 9, but I don't know the right number.

this is how you find the rescale factor for anything 

step 1: find the difference (NOT MINUS TAKE THE DIAMETER OF THE STAGE AND THE CAPSULE)

step 2: devide the numbers (you should get 1.19047619)

1 hour ago, kerbinorbiter said:

this is how you find the rescale factor for anything 

step 1: find the difference (NOT MINUS TAKE THE DIAMETER OF THE STAGE AND THE CAPSULE)

step 2: devide the numbers (you should get 1.19047619)

If not minus, then what do you mean by difference?

2 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

If not minus, then what do you mean by difference?

for example (which is the acctual thing)

wait difference...wow my memory but here is the example anyways:

Laztek dragon: 2.5m

launcherspack falcon 9: 2.1m 

2.5/2.1 = 1.19047619 (rescale factor)

Edited by kerbinorbiter

13 hours ago, kerbinorbiter said:

@Kartoffelkuchen would you like your configs to be copied over into the 64k overhaul mod?

also it dosent work you need to edit the

:NEEDS[64k] to :NEEDS[KScale64]

I'd appreciate that. :) However, the configs are not up to date any more and don't include ITS and F9 FT not either I think so you'd need to check out what's missing and add that. But yeah, go ahead!

On 5/30/2017 at 4:04 AM, kerbinorbiter said:

for example (which is the acctual thing)

wait difference...wow my memory but here is the example anyways:

Laztek dragon: 2.5m

launcherspack falcon 9: 2.1m 

2.5/2.1 = 1.19047619 (rescale factor)

Launchers Pack F9 is 3.66 meters and 1.23 was required to make it fit perfectly.

Check your facts before you post them on the internet.

This is the mod I've been looking for. It was suggested by RO, and I'm surprised I didn't discover it sooner. The only confusion / question I have is why the rockets' tanks can't use Real Fuels. Also, there are some weird issues I'm having with extra parts (fuel tanks) being attached to the rockets upon loading in the VAB. Would you like a video showing these problems, and what addons I'm using? Again, I installed this in conjunction with Realism Overhaul. Thank you for SpaceX!

3 hours ago, Krazy_Kerbal said:

This is the mod I've been looking for. It was suggested by RO, and I'm surprised I didn't discover it sooner. The only confusion / question I have is why the rockets' tanks can't use Real Fuels. Also, there are some weird issues I'm having with extra parts (fuel tanks) being attached to the rockets upon loading in the VAB. Would you like a video showing these problems, and what addons I'm using? Again, I installed this in conjunction with Realism Overhaul. Thank you for SpaceX!

I honestly am not sure in how far the RO configs are up to date with this mod. 

I think your best bet is to put this into the RO thread and wait for some of their devs to answer to help you, I can't help you there, sorry. :)

I've been playing around with this mod recently and noticed that payload in the mod's fairings still has drag. This means that for more complicated payloads with 100+ parts, my upper stage will either flip or deccelerate rapidly on stage seperation due to all the drag. Any suggestions?

12 hours ago, Qwarkk said:

I've been playing around with this mod recently and noticed that payload in the mod's fairings still has drag. This means that for more complicated payloads with 100+ parts, my upper stage will either flip or deccelerate rapidly on stage seperation due to all the drag. Any suggestions?

Start your gravity turn higher and separate the stage later.

11 hours ago, Krazy_Kerbal said:

I appreciate the above reply. What do you make of this issue in the video. I just created it, and it's short. Hopefully to the point. What do I need to examine (logs files?) to understand what is happening here.

Lol. Now that is something I'never seen before. I will have to awk you to post this in the RO thread though, since I am not responsible for integration with RSS/RO and since this definetely isn't sn issue with the mod itself, since it works in stock. I am sorry to hear that you are constantly having issues, but you really need to ask the RO devs there.

@Qwarkk This is a known issue but there's no way to fix currently. I've been using a plugin before which disabled drag for parts inside the fairing, but it broke and noone knows why and nobody knows how to fix this. The only solution I see is to put a stock fairing inside the fairing that comes with this mod around your payload.

Sorry to keep asking Kart, but is there any updates on the ULA mod pack? Last I heard there was a lot of problems with the 'legal' side of it, and it was mostly done. If ULA still doesn't want it released, would it be possible to make some modifications so it's technically a different pack and then release it?

15 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Lol. Now that is something I'never seen before. I will have to awk you to post this in the RO thread though, since I am not responsible for integration with RSS/RO and since this definetely isn't sn issue with the mod itself, since it works in stock. I am sorry to hear that you are constantly having issues, but you really need to ask the RO devs there.

@Qwarkk

I have the answer. Turns out it was a Mechjeb issue with Ascent Guidance. Even though I wasn't using that feature, the mod still thought it was active, so it was shutting the engines down to prevent an overheat.

Thought I'd post this since this is a little related to this mod:

rJFZC2D.png

F9QL0bb.png

jVTZ9Rv.png

2tgh2qK.png

Yeah it's F9 Block 1, but in the reusable configuration, as shown in this video from SpaceX:

This is not meant to be a replica, not sure yet if I will put it into a seperate mod, it's more like a stockified version of it (2.5m etc). I just loved that sequence where the legs extend in this video and thought I could port this into KSP. Been working on this since one or two months already actually, but not very frequently. However, if you like the idea, I'll make sure to get this thing out! 

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.