[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

On 24 June 2017 at 4:39 AM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@Jeroeny It has built in 'engine'. Disable drag and heating and fly it whereevrr you want if yoi dont wanna use another mod for that.

Or that. How do I download the RO cfgs. Which folder into which folder? Also, how do I get the realplume cfgs if I'm using RSS/RO

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23

On 26 June 2017 at 3:48 PM, kerbinorbiter said:

i think ill join in with the payload texture making if you want a download i will provide it (it contains things that are close to me)

Me too. I know how to. I've actually been getting to explore paint.net more now. Its awesome. 

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23

10 hours ago, Mab727 said:

@KartoffelkuchenWhat ever happened to the Minotaur V that was included in earlier versions? 

Colliders broke for it after KSP 1.0.5 (?) and I didn't have the motivation to fix it, it looks cheap (quality wise) anyway. If you wish to have it back though, I can try to get it working again.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

The cfg. for the falcon 9 1.1 upperstage has its mass set at 21. 

Yes and that is intentionally. :)

I had to make some decisions when balancing the Falcons and that's what I came up with. In order to make S1 recoverable, 1 Merlin D sea level had to produce enough thrust to make that possible. The Merlin D vacuum however has even more thrust in real life and I wanted to implement it that way as well. Now because of this, when I gave S2 a resonable mass compared to S1, the initial TWR would be too high as well as TWR of stage 2. So I increased mass heavily on Stage 2, so the engine performance is now more realistic and the general flight is as well, initial TWR of S2 is sufficient to accelerate the stage, but not much more just like in reality. I think it was the best thing to do since I mean the second stage sill not be used anywhere else standalone apart from the Falcon, whereas the Merlins might be used in some other crafts as well and I wanted to make them in line with their real counterparts (Vac has more thrust than SL) :wink:

6 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yes and that is intentionally. :)

I had to make some decisions when balancing the Falcons and that's what I came up with. In order to make S1 recoverable, 1 Merlin D sea level had to produce enough thrust to make that possible. The Merlin D vacuum however has even more thrust in real life and I wanted to implement it that way as well. Now because of this, when I gave S2 a resonable mass compared to S1, the initial TWR would be too high as well as TWR of stage 2. So I increased mass heavily on Stage 2, so the engine performance is now more realistic and the general flight is as well, initial TWR of S2 is sufficient to accelerate the stage, but not much more just like in reality. I think it was the best thing to do since I mean the second stage sill not be used anywhere else standalone apart from the Falcon, whereas the Merlins might be used in some other crafts as well and I wanted to make them in line with their real counterparts (Vac has more thrust than SL) :wink:

Got you. Well, good job with the balancing. I can see you put a lot of work into it, thanks!

Edited by harrisjosh2711

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.