[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

2 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

That looks nice. I am just wondering actually why I've never made the logos appear double sided, I will change that quickly for the next update lol.

Thanks :) I'm glad I took my time doing the textures and stuff. It turned out the way I wanted it to be. I thought logos and flags paint scheme on the Falcon 9 was one sided, started to realize after re-watching some of their webcasts, it's actually two sided. Maybe you thought it was one sided too? haha 

2 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

However, I am not planning to do significant upgrades to the SpaceX, Falcon 9 part of this mod, I will wait until Block 5 starts flying. Then I'll do a complete revamp of it, with much better textures, models.. I want to wait until they "freeze" the design because I don't want to change something every few flights only because some small changes were made to the real one. Once Block 5 starts flying I will start my revamp and will do it as accurately & detailed as possible, on the level of my new Delta II & IV.

https://sketchfab.com/models/39f259a77d7b44e4a3b5ae3aa3562152

Until then, I might do some smaller changes here & there, but it will pretty much stay the same as it is right now for the next few months. I hope you understand that, I don't want to be spending time on redoing something over and over if I could spend my time on other things as well. :)

It's okay, I completely understand :) . Take your time. I didn't mean to force/rush you or anything, I edited it because I wanted to have something for my own liking, you know..  But I can't wait for your revamp. You make me excited! :D

That level of detailing is insane :o  Awesome work! 

Also, I hope you don't mind I made changes in the mod like textures/configs for myself. I probably should've asked for permission first.. 

On 8/28/2017 at 4:36 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yes, you can make a module manager config file where you apply new values to the existing entries in the parts cfg's. You will need to experiment with it however, you can't simply say "well the universe is three times bigger, so I will simply multiply all existing values with 3", so it might take a little bit of time. :)

Thanks for the response. It's my first time making any config changes. I've changed the ISP, but I guess there's other things I'll need to change too, as that's only made a slight difference to the dV. Guess I'll get tweaking!

2 hours ago, SpaceXPotatoGuineaPig said:

I can't download it it just crashes my game I have Firespitter installed:(

Unfortunate to hear that you have such big issues. Which version of KSP are you using? I heard the KSP 1.3.1 beta was released I haven't tried using this with that KSP version. Otherwise, I think it must be due to some bad other mod or mod combination which crashes KSP.

9 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Unfortunate to hear that you have such big issues. Which version of KSP are you using? I heard the KSP 1.3.1 beta was released I haven't tried using this with that KSP version. Otherwise, I think it must be due to some bad other mod or mod combination which crashes KSP.

I am using 1.3.0

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod, It's awesome to get to fly all of the various versions of Falcon!

Was a bit of a bummer when I landed on Duna in ITS and couldn't have my Kerbonauts actually exit the ship - I looked through this thread and saw there was a plan to add hatch, I understand if you're busy but was wondering if that's still going to be added? Tried to do it myself in part config but then realized it has to be done in Unity during part creation

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎17 at 5:41 AM, Lsmjudoka said:

Great mod, It's awesome to get to fly all of the various versions of Falcon!

Was a bit of a bummer when I landed on Duna in ITS and couldn't have my Kerbonauts actually exit the ship - I looked through this thread and saw there was a plan to add hatch, I understand if you're busy but was wondering if that's still going to be added? Tried to do it myself in part config but then realized it has to be done in Unity during part creation

Try Thrimms mod for now. Some parts don't look nice,like the hatch, but you can use it for now. Also, thrimms is suited for RSS and ro, so yeah.

I seem to be having a problem with the F9 FT .craft file. I'm not sure if it's incorrect installation or the fact that I'm doing this on ro, but it's only loading the second stage and the interstage. Yeah it's the ro. my bad. Sorry for disturbing you.

EDIT: If anyone wants to know the problem, just use the .craft file in the ro download, but there are no legs yet, so use the burnt texture as an outline and put the legs on.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23

@mark7, I agree, the ITS does need some upgrades but I may speak to him regarding helping him with this project as I do 3D modelling as a career anyway. Currently I'm working on making this compatible with remote tech (working) and finding a way to make it work with mechjeb while still having return fuel (solution is harder than expected XD). Hopefully, The ITS gets the upgrades.

15 hours ago, MattPlaysSimulations said:

@mark7, I agree, the ITS does need some upgrades but I may speak to him regarding helping him with this project as I do 3D modelling as a career anyway. Currently I'm working on making this compatible with remote tech (working) and finding a way to make it work with mechjeb while still having return fuel (solution is harder than expected XD). Hopefully, The ITS gets the upgrades.

Well 3D modelling is really not my field. However, I can help with some cfg/test work.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, romanasul said:

Hey, i'm just curious if there is a general release date for the ULA Pack? I use the Real Scale Boosters pack but I really enjoyed the detail on your Atlas V.

Stuck in development heck(IP licensing with the various companies), won't get released at all.

On 10/22/2017 at 1:33 PM, Dragon_Gaming said:

The legs are WAY too hard to land on, I went to 1.4 meters a sec and the legs couldn't hold it up. if you look at the SpaceX landing videos that thing comes down fast so I recommend making it less fragile

public touchdown data (Elon twitter) states the booster touched down at 1.47 m/s for Formosat-5, so just a bit high. Git gud. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.