[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

On 10/14/2016 at 7:40 AM, Sol Invictus said:

Does this mean that ULA pack may never be released at all? If it's entirely up to ULA corporations, and if they wont even answer then release will be postponed indefinitely?

From my understanding, it's fully complete. It's just a matter of waiting for ULA to give them a release date.

10 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Sorry for asking, but does this compatible wit 1.2? My  bad, but maybe i changed to 1.2 too early ;.;

I guess you purchased the game on Steam.

Steam auto-updates. That sucks but you signed for it.

However, in the case of KSP you can always use the previous version of the game by going into your game's settings > Betas, and selecting the version you wish to use. 1.1.3 is still available this way.

But for other reasons I'd like to know KK, do you plan on releasing the ICT for 1.2 or 1.1.3 ?

10 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Sorry for asking, but does this compatible wit 1.2? My  bad, but maybe i changed to 1.2 too early ;.;

The easiest way to tell is to just try it yourself :P

but from what I understand from the update, it SHOULD work. 1.2 was more of a feature update rather than a backend update so not much to break. The one thing you'll probably run in to is lack is antenna which you can just add your own. 

Having not tried it myself though, take those comments with a grain of salt and just try it yourself and see what happens :)

Maybe the ITS mount could work like a docking port, with the addition of some sort of docking ring on under the rocket around the engines, it would also be useful for refuelling the rocket somehow through this 'docking port' it could be combined with this funnel, and maybe a higher level magnetic attraction to help lock the booster and the mount together, just an idea though.

Edited by _Krieger_

Absolutely amazing work. Congratulations on that to start.

How door you plan to do the ITS? One part or separate? If you do a separate cargo module one could use a resized cargo bay part and have working cranes with IR and KAS.

It Would also make building different ITS versions easier. Have a basic bottom section with fuel and engines and then put fuel/cargo/crew secties on top. Or Just use the propulsion section to boost a 500T one piece space station to orbit in RSS.

I'm Building my own from mod parts in RSS rp0 and I got the cranes working reasonable. I can offload and load 20T modules from my cargo bay 30m above the ground in martian gravity without tipping over.

As for my launcher ..... I can get it to orbit without a RUD 2 out of 5 times now so I'm a ways away from doing anything but tests with it and I use a poorly hacked engine part for my raptors.

Ill see about getting some pics of my crane setup on here.

Can't wait to use your stuff in game

Edited by Rob K
¥£€_%=÷ autocorrect

Hey guys, just a brief note from me about the ULA pack, because some people seemed to be a little confused about this.

So, first of all, we asked ULA for Tory Bruno's visit in the Kerbal Academy stream if they'd like the idea of having an official ULA mod for KSP, which they greatly appreciated. This mod will include the Delta II, Delta IV, Atlas V and Vulcan launchers. We also have plans for ULA's Cislunar architecture, which we will probably include in later updates of that mod. We, that's EJ_SA, 0snapp and me, KK. We have got a meeting setup with ULA for tomorrow to review our work. After that meeting we will refine the mod based on their feedback, and will talk about a release date. We had a cool thing for the release planned, which we will need to talk about with ULA, and also release when they have the time for it, but I can't really give more information about that right now. :P

Secondly, and maybe even most importantly, we are not getting paid a single pence. We are doing this completely for free, in our freetime, only because we want this mod to happen. I'm a student, and I don't have too much free time, but I'm still doing it, because I love KSP, 3D modelling and rockets.

That's it for this topic I believe. :)

Now, for Launchers Pack, I unfortunately didn't have much time to work on this, ITS is still lacking the solar panels, ugh I hate these parts, but I was able to finish the launch mount. I'm not 100% happy with the way it works right now, but it's kinda working as it should I guess. Pictures to follow.

I can say with pretty much 100% confidence that this pack is not working in 1.2 right now, due to the lack of the appropriate antenna modules needed for communication now. I'll add that and upload a new version as soon as I got the time for it.

On 10/24/2016 at 3:15 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Hey guys, just a brief note from me about the ULA pack, because some people seemed to be a little confused about this.

So, first of all, we asked ULA for Tory Bruno's visit in the Kerbal Academy stream if they'd like the idea of having an official ULA mod for KSP, which they greatly appreciated. This mod will include the Delta II, Delta IV, Atlas V and Vulcan launchers. We also have plans for ULA's Cislunar architecture, which we will probably include in later updates of that mod. We, that's EJ_SA, 0snapp and me, KK. We have got a meeting setup with ULA for tomorrow to review our work. After that meeting we will refine the mod based on their feedback, and will talk about a release date. We had a cool thing for the release planned, which we will need to talk about with ULA, and also release when they have the time for it, but I can't really give more information about that right now. :P

Secondly, and maybe even most importantly, we are not getting paid a single pence. We are doing this completely for free, in our freetime, only because we want this mod to happen. I'm a student, and I don't have too much free time, but I'm still doing it, because I love KSP, 3D modelling and rockets.

Now, for Launchers Pack, I unfortunately didn't have much time to work on this, ITS is still lacking the solar panels, ugh I hate these parts, but I was able to finish the launch mount. I'm not 100% happy with the way it works right now, but it's kinda working as it should I guess. Pictures to follow.

I can say with pretty much 100% confidence that this pack is not working in 1.2 right now, due to the lack of the appropriate antenna modules needed for communication now. I'll add that and upload a new version as soon as I got the time for it.

Got pics of the launch mount?

On 10/25/2016 at 2:15 AM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@Kartoffelkuchen, greatly appreciated. I had successfully revert to 1.1.3 (yay). I know it's not easy to build all these, but when you doing it with you passion, it just make things happy and fun. Still, this mod is still my favorite ones. And good luck with your ULA pack! 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah as he stated above it doesn't have the best working condition.  Fairings are a no go right now as well.  But thx, loves the SpaceX packs.  Never understood why more people dont like them.  They are a perfect addition to any ones Go To Launchers.

BTW: would anyone be willing to fix the Fairings, I would like to use this as a secondary launcher so the other issues are not a bother.  I have tried to alter the cfg with the fairing decoupler line, but I really don't have enough skillz to figure this stuff out.  

Edited by ArkaelDren

Sorry for the silence, I've been busy. 

I am right now making final adjustments to ITS, it's not complete yet (solar arrays, textures not the best), but I'll release it as a Beta soon. Especially because people would really like to have these Raptor engines I think. :)

I'm also going to fix the fairings for all tre rockets, add antennas to them so that they are usable in 1.2 (.1). This shouldn't take long, so I guess I'll release within the next days.

@ArkaelDrenThanks :)

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

• 3 weeks later...

SpaceX Pack V.4

* Added Interplanetary Transportation System: Raptor (vacuum & surface), ship, booster

* Removed OSF dependency to make fairings work again

http://i.imgur.com/aG4VwNd.png

Download

Keep in mind that the ITS might not yet be properly configured, I'd still call it in a Beta phase. I mainly wanted to release this so people can play with those Raptors. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.