[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

As with these rockets real world counterparts you need to pay attention to how heavy your payloads are. The rockets in this pack have specific payload capacities, so if your payload is 4 tonnes over-weight, the upper stages will most likely struggle with getting them into orbit as the deltaV and TWR will decrease dramatically.

Also, if your payloads are within the lifters limit and you are still struggeling with getting them into orbit, try for a much steeper launch profile. Sometimes it can be wise to aim for 45 degree prograde at 30-35km altitude with low-powered upper stages :)

Ah... my payload was half a ton overweight.

Gosh I'm an idiot for not seeing that.

Anyway, the Atlas V performs beautifully as I actually put a properly weighted payload in it :P

You would think I'd know better after 250 hours... Nope, still a dipstick.

Edited by Quarky

@sciencepanda: Have you got the Old School Fairings Mod installed? You'll need that to get the Fairings properly working (and decoupling).

@xxhansonmaxx: Yes.

The plan for the next update(s) is:

1) Adding custom sounds to every rocket, based on real launch audio.

2) Remake the RS-27 and RS-27A engine, their current model is ok but not really good

3) Remake Centaur, add DEC version, switch to noonespecials RL-10 engine when it becomes available

4)Falcon 9

5) Delta IV

6) Delta III

This is the order in which it'll be done and most probably released.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

@sciencepanda: Have you got the Old School Fairings Mod installed? You'll need that to get the Fairings properly working (and decoupling).

Not what the problem was, but i fixed it. I did have old school fairings installed. I just reinstalled it and the problem went away.

What happened to the smokescreen effects? Could you release a MM .cfg for them, I quite liked them.

They were removed, simply because practical everyone said that they were looking...not too good, let's say. I haven't thought that anyone wanted to have them back, but well, I'll try to make a config then.

Pages 230-256 of the atlas 5 payload planners guide have nice diagrams/pictures of the atlas v payload separation system.

Yes, I've also saw that when I was working on Atlas V modelling. Pretty awesome, those payload planners guide, you learn so much when reading that! I'll add those eventually, I was missing motivation for doing that until now...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.