[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

12 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yeah, you remember correctly. They were busy with launching rockets, but they're getting the last bumps out of the way right now before the release of this, as far as I know. Really annoying for me too, believe me, that we are sitting months on a basically finished product.

I guess that multinational corporations perceive time on a different scale than us, mere mortals. "Soon" for them may be lifetime for us. :wink:

On 1/12/2017 at 3:51 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yeah, you remember correctly. They were busy with launching rockets, but they're getting the last bumps out of the way right now before the release of this, as far as I know. Really annoying for me too, believe me, that we are sitting months on a basically finished product.

Being someone who deals with one of the companies that makes up ULA; this is just how they handle stuff like this. There's probably a lot of back-end stuff going on that we don't see, a lot of red tape and whatnot. I think I remember EJ_SA mentioning ULA was good to release but there were some suppliers they were still getting "ok"s from. You can also say they are busy launching rockets but there are divisions that are specifically made for dealing with stuff like this. All that to say though, it's best we wait for everyone to give the ok then to get this awesome mod and then have to taken away because someone got upset, possibly even getting ULA in trouble. I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait :wink:

Hi everyone, 

First of thanks to the author(s?) of this incredible mod! this is a beauty ! :) 

just a quick question as I can't find the answer on the last 4 pages, does this mod is compatible with real fuels ? 

thanks !

Edit 1 : So it seems to works with real fuel, but I just need to adjust the trust (i'm in RSS) so that the engines are not overpowered. So don't answer my question, I should have tried it directly :) 

Edit 2 : Where is the barge to land on ? Is that the fact that I'm in RSS changes anything to the barge location or the barge activation ? 

Edited by Alex38

On 1/16/2017 at 2:24 PM, Alex38 said:

Hi everyone, 

First of thanks to the author(s?) of this incredible mod! this is a beauty ! :) 

just a quick question as I can't find the answer on the last 4 pages, does this mod is compatible with real fuels ? 

thanks !

Edit 1 : So it seems to works with real fuel, but I just need to adjust the trust (i'm in RSS) so that the engines are not overpowered. So don't answer my question, I should have tried it directly :) 

Edit 2 : Where is the barge to land on ? Is that the fact that I'm in RSS changes anything to the barge location or the barge activation ? 

You have to place the barge yourself. Luckily the barge motor is OP so you don't have to wait long to get it out to position

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there any RO configs for the Atlas and SpaceX launchers?  Particularly the fuel tanks, which don't seem to have configs as far as I can tell.  If not, is anyone aware of any resources for making my own?  Engines are easy, but it's harder to find specs for the fuel tanks.

8 hours ago, A_Madman said:

Are there any RO configs for the Atlas and SpaceX launchers?  Particularly the fuel tanks, which don't seem to have configs as far as I can tell.  If not, is anyone aware of any resources for making my own?  Engines are easy, but it's harder to find specs for the fuel tanks.

Look at the OP

49 minutes ago, A_Madman said:

I must've missed the post for the F9 FT configs.  But my main problem is the Atlas V, which apparently has configs provided by RO, yet definitely doesn't for me.  And I've tried a couple of installs.

Try again; looks like they are clearly there on the RO Git:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/33048702d67e2ceed46054a48a533db7247c73dd/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/KK Launchers/RO_KK_AtlasV_Tanks.cfg

And there are also craft files for the Atlas launchers included with RO:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/search?p=1&q=CommonCoreBooster&type=Code&utf8=✓

If you build a payload, you should be able to pull in the the launcher from the Subassemblies. If not, you might have installed something incorrectly, and should take a closer look there, possibly inquiring on the RO forum page with more detailed information?

On a side note about the atlas v, since the original is no longer available for download and is being replaced by the new ula one, the old configs have been removed and replaced by configs for the new parts with changed names. So using the old atlas v you have saved in the future will not be supported by RO because the parts conflict with the new ones as some names are the same and some aren't. Just use the new one, get the latest RO and most importantly actually install it correctly instead of doing w/e it is you did which was incorrect.

13 hours ago, danklar said:

I am running into a weird issue where the mod was working. Then I loaded up this evening and it says I am missing a few parts. (never installed anything new) Any Ideas?

Dan

Running in 1.2.2 with all the dependencies? Can you post your output.log?

Edited by DarthVader

5 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Any idea how to fix fairing not opening on Atlas launch pack? I know it's outdated but if there's someway to fix it, that'd be great. If can't, no problem anyway. Just wanted to use the Atlas pack again tho..:wink:

I think it requires OSFairings Not sure if it works in 1.2.2 though :)

5 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Any idea how to fix fairing not opening on Atlas launch pack? I know it's outdated but if there's someway to fix it, that'd be great. If can't, no problem anyway. Just wanted to use the Atlas pack again tho..:wink:

Yeah, you'd need OS Fairings for that. The thing is, OSF does not work any more in 1.2.2. 

You can however go into the config of each fairing, and replace  'ModuleFairingDecoupler' with 'ModuleDecouple', that should make it work again. Payload won't be shielded then unfortunately. Let me know if that works for you!

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.