[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

@Briso Mh yeah, RO does not seem to have aupport for this mod. I‘d be grateful if someone took the time and created some proper RO configs for this and integrated it within RO, since it‘s a common request, but you‘ll need to ping the RO dev team there, nothing I can really do about it.

I know that the configs I made up are fairly outdated now... I need to update them, just been busy with IRL stuff and other rockets. I'll attempt to get in contact with one of a RO devs when I get them updated. Not sure what all is required when making configs for them though.

I don't know if it is just meant to be this way, but for some reason my install has fairly low delta v stats for each of the rockets - Falcon Heavy has only about 6000 m/s dV with no payload, and Falcon 9 has only about 5500 m/s with no payload when I would expect them to have probably at least 7000 m/s empty (?). Is there any way I can manually modify the parts to increase the delta-V so that I can lift heavier payloads into orbit?

Thanks a lot.

4 hours ago, OswaldiusB said:

I don't know if it is just meant to be this way, but for some reason my install has fairly low delta v stats for each of the rockets - Falcon Heavy has only about 6000 m/s dV with no payload, and Falcon 9 has only about 5500 m/s with no payload when I would expect them to have probably at least 7000 m/s empty (?). Is there any way I can manually modify the parts to increase the delta-V so that I can lift heavier payloads into orbit?

Thanks a lot.

Yeah, upper stage fuel tanks weight is really high to balannce the whole architecture to make a single engine landing possible while still maintaining a resonable launch TWR. You can decrease the mass of the stage 2 fuel tank of F9 and you‘ll easily get more out of it.

14 hours ago, ReventonHawx said:

I know that the configs I made up are fairly outdated now... I need to update them, just been busy with IRL stuff and other rockets. I'll attempt to get in contact with one of a RO devs when I get them updated. Not sure what all is required when making configs for them though.

Your configs worked now good, but new configs is a good idea and if you make them add configs for Falcon 1, Falcon 9 1.0 and Falcon 9 1.1. And sorry for possible mistakes, I'm from Russia)

7 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yeah, upper stage fuel tanks weight is really high to balannce the whole architecture to make a single engine landing possible while still maintaining a resonable launch TWR. You can decrease the mass of the stage 2 fuel tank of F9 and you‘ll easily get more out of it.

yeah...or increase the ISP  to the real life levels which are 311 Vac and 282 ASL for M1D FT+ and 348 and 311 (im guessing the ASL for the M1DVAC but i know the ISP of the Vac engine in Vac is 348 although this may be outdated

Also making a FH fairing texture (pssst its just FH2 from the interstages because i can't find a logo)

Edited by kerbinorbiter

7 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

So when I'm in the part config, I'm just editing the mass = 22 section on the F93_S2FuelTank cfg (for example)? Is this the empty or full mass of the part? What do you recommend I change it to?

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, OswaldiusB said:

So when I'm in the part config, I'm just editing the mass = 22 section on the F93_S2FuelTank cfg (for example)? Is this the empty or full mass of the part? What do you recommend I change it to?

Thanks.

empty the mass number, 22 is the empty mass and the total mass is the empty mass PLUS the LF*0.005 (the density) and the Ox*0.005 and the Monopropellant amount *0.004 for the MP it would be 100*0.004 = 0.4 tonnes (according to this calculator)

according to http://www.spacex.com/falcon9 the second stage burns for 397 seconds (6 minutes, 37 seconds)

another thing is that acctualy the real life F9 can only lift 22t into LEO

Edited by kerbinorbiter

Hello, I can't seem to load this mod properly. I installed this version of Firespitter and this version of your mod. The game loads fine and no crashes, there is no craft files of any Falcon Rockets, and I only have the F9 S1and F1 S1 tanks. I also only have the F9 demo engine.There is also no barge that can be found. I am running KSP 1.3.1 Steam Edition. 

5 hours ago, ryan_ said:

Hello, I can't seem to load this mod properly. I installed this version of Firespitter and this version of your mod. The game loads fine and no crashes, there is no craft files of any Falcon Rockets, and I only have the F9 S1and F1 S1 tanks. I also only have the F9 demo engine.There is also no barge that can be found. I am running KSP 1.3.1 Steam Edition. 

How looks your GameData? You need a folder Launchers Pack inside GameData. Inside Launchers Pack there are the folders configs, flags, rockets, sounds. Anything other is wrong. Your link to Firespitter is wrong and is linked to Filter Extensions. Here you can find the newest Firespitter.

You must copy the craftfiles manually to your savegame, not to GameData.

8 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

How looks your GameData? You need a folder Launchers Pack inside GameData. Inside Launchers Pack there are the folders configs, flags, rockets, sounds. Anything other is wrong. Your link to Firespitter is wrong and is linked to Filter Extensions. Here you can find the newest Firespitter.

You must copy the craftfiles manually to your savegame, not to GameData.

Thank you for the reply. Inside GameData, there is a Launchers Pack and a F9 Folder. Do they both go into the GameData file? I have also successfully copied all the craft files an they show up. However, it couldn't be loaded as it says that it has missing parts. 

Edited by ryan_
Adding more info

No, you must copy the entire folder "Launchers Pack" to your GameData. It includes all folders and files of this mod. The F9-folder must be from another mod because this mod has no folder calles F9. Only a folder SpaceX, which includes all files of the Falcon 1 and 9.
With F9-Folder I think you mean the F9demo-folder. Yes, this folder must be directly in GameData, But it includes not the real F9 instead of a proposed Demo-version of the F9.

Edited by Cheesecake

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

No, you must copy the entire folder "Launchers Pack" to your GameData. It includes all folders and files of this mod. The F9-folder must be from another mod because this mod has no folder calles F9. Only a folder SpaceX, which includes all files of the Falcon 1 and 9.
With F9-Folder I think you mean the F9demo-folder. Yes, this folder must be directly in GameData, But it includes not the real F9 instead of a proposed Demo-version of the F9.

Yes i meant the F9 demo folder. I did that and inserted everything. Crafts now show up in the game, however, the only craft that I can load is the F9 Demo. Nothing else. It tells me that i have a lot of missing parts. Any fixes to this?

After downloading, I have the following files :

-GameData

-Ships

Inside GameData, there are 2 folders, F9-Demo and Launchers Pack. I inserted the whole folder into my KSP GameData file. 

Inside Ships, there is a file called VAB which contains all of the craft files. I inserted all of the files manually into my saves and they show up. 

However, the only craft that I can load is the F9 Demo. All of the other crafts have invalid or missing parts.

The parts that are missing are:

KK.SPX.Falcon9.FC

KK.SPX.F93.S2tank

KK.SPX.Merlin1DV+

KK.SPX.F93.interstage

KK.SPX.F93.S1tank

KK.SPX.F9.1875mmPA

KK.SPX.F9FT.Interstage.RCS

KK.SPX.F9.Octaweb

KK.SPX.Merlin1D+

KK.SPX.F93Heavy.seperator

KK.SPX.F.nosecone

KK.SPX.FalconGridfin.FT

KK.SPX.FalconPayloadFairing

Edited by ryan_
Adding more info

9 hours ago, ryan_ said:

Yes i meant the F9 demo folder. I did that and inserted everything. Crafts now show up in the game, however, the only craft that I can load is the F9 Demo. Nothing else. It tells me that i have a lot of missing parts. Any fixes to this?

-GameData

-Ships

Inside GameData, there are 2 folders, F9-Demo and Launchers Pack. I inserted the whole folder into my KSP GameData file. 

Inside Ships, there is a file called VAB which contains all of the craft files. I inserted all of the files manually into my saves and they show up. 

However, the only craft that I can load is the F9 Demo. All of the other crafts have invalid or missing parts.

KK.SPX.Falcon9.FC

KK.SPX.F93.S2tank

KK.SPX.Merlin1DV+

KK.SPX.F93.interstage

KK.SPX.F93.S1tank

KK.SPX.F9.1875mmPA

KK.SPX.F9.Octaweb

KK.SPX.Merlin1D+

KK.SPX.F.nosecone

KK.SPX.FalconGridfin.FT

Do you have ModuleManager? You need also Firespitter (only the Core-mod) for textureswitching and TextureReplacer for the reflections (it works without TextureReplacer too).

Edited by Cheesecake

10 hours ago, ryan_ said:

-GameData

-Ships

KK.SPX.Falcon9.FC

KK.SPX.F93.S2tank

KK.SPX.Merlin1DV+

KK.SPX.F93.interstage

KK.SPX.F93.S1tank

KK.SPX.F9.1875mmPA

KK.SPX.F9.Octaweb

KK.SPX.Merlin1D+

KK.SPX.F.nosecone

KK.SPX.FalconGridfin.FT

Sorry to hear you got issues installing the mod ryan. At first glance it seems you installed everything correctly.. maybe delete all the mod files completely and then reinstall it? Usually it works just fine!

(sorry for the english error i am french)

hi, i love you mod but i have one error i don't have the Merlin 1D Vacuum + (in the vab) and i don't know why i try to read the cfg file but nothing . it's very strange because the M1DV work without any problème . i re-install the mod again and again but he still don't work . but i arrive to make the mod work when i go in database (alt-f12) and when i do "reload the database" but when i re-start the game the probleme is here again .... Thanks for you help :wink:

https://imgur.com/QlCeS1t

https://imgur.com/qWtbls9

https://imgur.com/qqc2iSb

https://imgur.com/sGOsbD6

On 2/12/2018 at 4:23 AM, Cheesecake said:

Do you have ModuleManager? You need also Firespitter (only the Core-mod) for textureswitching and TextureReplacer for the reflections (it works without TextureReplacer too).

Thank you. I will reinstall the mod and try again...

21 hours ago, ryan_ said:

Thank you. I will reinstall the mod and try again...

I have the same problem as you try to do alt f12 in game and go in database and select "reload database" if after you the rocket work correctly you have the same problem as me . 

(sorry for the english error i am french)

Edited by MrPacmanCo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.