[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

1 hour ago, BLGGhost said:

Having a bit of a problem with the mod. Whenever I go to find merlin engines etc they aren't there, also when loading the ships provided in the mod it will show that certain parts aren't there. Any fixes?

It seems you didn`t install the mod correctly. You must have a folder 'Launchers Pack' in your GameData.

12 hours ago, Masterjef said:

hello, could you make a rss version?

This mod is real size. You mean RO-compatibility? If you can read the last posts before yours you can see that there are already configs in RO.

17 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

It seems you didn`t install the mod correctly. You must have a folder 'Launchers Pack' in your GameData.

I already had this in my files just under a different name - http://prntscr.com/j4z6uo

Inside of this - http://prntscr.com/j4z7eh  so I believe I installed this correctly, please correct me if I am wrong

Inside of "GameData" - http://prntscr.com/j4z8lk

Inside of "ships" - http://prntscr.com/j4z8wf

Edited by BLGGhost
Adding more info

19 minutes ago, BLGGhost said:

I already had this in my files just under a different name - http://prntscr.com/j4z6uo

Inside of this - http://prntscr.com/j4z7eh  so I believe I installed this correctly, please correct me if I am wrong

Inside of "GameData" - http://prntscr.com/j4z8lk

Inside of "ships" - http://prntscr.com/j4z8wf

Not really sure if I misunderstood that or not, but you can't rename anything or most parts won't load, you need to extract the contents from the .zip in "GameData" to "KSP main folder/GameData" and the contents from the .zip's "Ship/VAB" folder into "KSP main folder/Ships/VAB" folder, then it should work. Otherwise, try to reinstall the mod.

@JoshTheCoward That's a problem with RO and should also be adressed in the RO thread, I can't help you there.

@Masterjef Rockets are already at 1:1 scale, you should check out RO, I *think* there are included configs

If I can suggest an Idea  remove all other mods from gamedata and just install this one and add the ships to the ships directory and see what it looks like so you would have the squad folders and this mods folders 

Edited by Virtualgenius

1 hour ago, Space_Kadet said:

Still not working.

Reinstalled the mods just to be sure.

Still broke. :(

Say's not compatible with my version (I am on 1.4.1)

Don't know why a part mod wouldn't be compatible?

d3LAc40.png

It isn`t broken. You dind`t installed it correctly. I installed it just now (with KSP 1.4.2) and: it works. Also the crafts are working.
Your path must be: GameData/LaunchersPack/

Edited by Cheesecake

2 hours ago, Space_Kadet said:

Still not working.

Reinstalled the mods just to be sure.

Still broke. :(

Say's not compatible with my version (I am on 1.4.1)

Don't know why a part mod wouldn't be compatible?

d3LAc40.png

Hm interesting, not 100% but maybe KSP limits backward compatability with .craft files? I saved the craft files in KSP 1.4.2, you‘re using 1.4.1, maybe that‘s the issue.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:58 AM, raidernick said:

Why would somebody link an RO config? Just download RO, the configs are in it already.

The last I heard the Atlas stuff was sort of on indefinite hold due to problems with roscosmos. KK told me he was planning to release his Delta stuff separately though.

It wont work when i use 1.2.2

23 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Not really sure if I misunderstood that or not, but you can't rename anything or most parts won't load, you need to extract the contents from the .zip in "GameData" to "KSP main folder/GameData" and the contents from the .zip's "Ship/VAB" folder into "KSP main folder/Ships/VAB" folder, then it should work. Otherwise, try to reinstall the mod.

Tried doing all that and still get nothing, when in game like the image showing missing parts it's the same for me. I checked the console and it was saying some of the parts hadn't loaded and vehicle parts were missing etc.

Edited by BLGGhost
typo

11 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Hm interesting, not 100% but maybe KSP limits backward compatability with .craft files? I saved the craft files in KSP 1.4.2, you‘re using 1.4.1, maybe that‘s the issue.

It does do this. You can just change the version number in the craft file by editing it in notepad or whatever. It's a really stupid system, it's supposed to protect old games from loading newer craft because it could cause null refs or whatever if the new verison has features the old doesn't. Ironically, you can load old crafts in newer KSP and THIS is what often causes things to break when changes have been made, but there's no protection for that. Honestly, it's just a very dumb, annoying system. You are better off setting all your craft files to be compatible with KSP 1.0 and leave it at that.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is there any plans to revive the Atlas V pack, since it seems to have been "Dead" for quite some time and although i absolutely love the Falcon rockets, I haven't seen any other Atlas V mods that have this amount of quality in them.

41 minutes ago, ChickenBot448 said:

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is there any plans to revive the Atlas V pack, since it seems to have been "Dead" for quite some time and although i absolutely love the Falcon rockets, I haven't seen any other Atlas V mods that have this amount of quality in them.

yes it has been asked before, on every single page of this thread....It's not going to happen, roscosmos apparently does not want it released. KK said he wanted to just split his delta stuff off and release it by itself, but for the atlas stuff you are out of luck.

On 4/15/2018 at 12:51 PM, raidernick said:

yes it has been asked before, on every single page of this thread....It's not going to happen, roscosmos apparently does not want it released. KK said he wanted to just split his delta stuff off and release it by itself, but for the atlas stuff you are out of luck.

My polite friend, ULA (United Launch Alliance) not Roscosmos, even the RD-180 is manufactured by NPO Energomash, well it's parent corporation is Roscosmos.

1 hour ago, Drakenex said:

My polite friend, ULA (United Launch Alliance) not Roscosmos, even the RD-180 is manufactured by NPO Energomash, well it's parent corporation is Roscosmos.

Actually no, not ula, roscosmos, exactly as I said. ULA had been working it out with roscosmos about this and they are the ones who put it on hold, not ula. I am aware who manufactures the engine, and am aware that ULA are the ones who wanted to get the pack done, but from what I've heard it is roscosmos specifically who is holding it up.

Edited by raidernick

Version 5.3 released!

L5yrdjV.png

Changelog:

• Rebalanced Falcon 9's second stage fuel tank (of all Block's) to have lower dry mass and more fuel
  • Added TESS payload fairing
  • Fixed inversed RCS effects
  • Changed FH .craft file slightly

Download from Spacedock

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

16 minutes ago, space_powder said:

Not sure if anyone else has the same issue, but the grid fins randomly deploy when I press WASD in flight, is it because I have them as an action group? 

Not really an issue per-se as much as it's just how they work. They work like stock airbrakes. I use Kerbal Reusability Expansion gridfins and legs because I find they work more like the real thing.

edit: grinfins to gridfins. They do tend to cause a lot of grins though

Edited by ReventonHawx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.