[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

6 minutes ago, ReventonHawx said:

Not really an issue per-se as much as it's just how they work. They work like stock airbrakes. I use Kerbal Reusability Expansion grinfins and legs because I find they work more like the real thing.

> grinfins

Anyway, so the KRE grid fins move around when I press WASD? I've had the mod for a while and I never bothered to replace the fins in this mod with the KRE ones oof

3 minutes ago, space_powder said:

> grinfins

Anyway, so the KRE grid fins move around when I press WASD? I've had the mod for a while and I never bothered to replace the fins in this mod with the KRE ones oof

The KRE ones stay stowed and don't move until you deploy them and then they rotate. They also have titanium-styled gridfins which I prefer.

22 minutes ago, ReventonHawx said:

The KRE ones stay stowed and don't move until you deploy them and then they rotate. They also have titanium-styled gridfins which I prefer.

also the advantage of KRE gridfins also is the fact that you can use body lift for a more precise landing like I do seen here: 

rescale the gridfins from thrimm's its if you want some really good ones. 25 percent is about right. 

any of you guys tried the booster wings outta KRE yet? those might be good for an energia setup.

so trying to get the KK_SPX_FalconPayloadFairing to jettison without blowing everything up. got the heat damage turned off so it doesnt fry everything now. 

but the explosivenodeID can you list multiple in the same line like

explosivenodeID = bottom;ExpBottom;ExpTop ?

or do you have to make them separate lines or worse yet separate decouplers. 

explosivenodeID= bottom

explosivenodeID=ExpTop etc..?

Ive looked in the wiki and tried doing a find all in notepad++ to see if I could find any examples and came up empty.  you guys have been at this a lil longer than I have. 

so if any of guys have the xp please share hehe

Edited by COL.R.Neville

5 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

any of you guys tried the booster wings outta KRE yet? those might be good for an energia setup.

I've been meaning to try a "Falcon Medium" setup with Falcon 1 strap-on boosters with flyback wings but haven't gotten the chance yet. 

I'll have to look at my fairing config again but I know that I use an invisible engine that KK used to use in his fairings to get them to separate cleanly. I'm sure with some finagling with the config and maybe node placement, you could do so without that engine.

yeah im just gonna use the tried and true method of moar boosters moar jettison force hehe. 

if you add more nodes to it, its just making KJR hang on tighter hehe. so also adding the fairing to the KJR blacklist in the xml file for the plugin. Like you do with the launch clamps and stuff.

i just noticed that KK has some of the same kind of gridfins for this ITS as well so could try using those shrunk down as well.  

37 minutes ago, space_powder said:

I'm pretty sure you could back when this mod was for 1.3.1?

Yes, because then I still used firespitter as a dependency for the texture switching. Now I switched to the newly introduced stock module which does the same job without having to install firespitter, however it does not support in -flight texture switching, I hope that feature will be added. :)

Hey there, KK! I've been using your mod for a long time, and I've been enjoying it a lot so far ^^

I have a little question though: I've been trying to replicate the latest TESS launch, but I cannot place the fairings properly (have to place them sideways instead of the logo in the same face as the SpaceX logo of the first stage), how am I supposed to build it? :)

6 hours ago, RayistaNachoPls said:

Hey there, KK! I've been using your mod for a long time, and I've been enjoying it a lot so far ^^

I have a little question though: I've been trying to replicate the latest TESS launch, but I cannot place the fairings properly (have to place them sideways instead of the logo in the same face as the SpaceX logo of the first stage), how am I supposed to build it? :)

The fairings are rotated properly. The payload logo on the fairing is always rotated 90° off compared to the SpaceX & Falcon 9 logo on the first stage. See

NASA-TESS-SPACEX-CAPE-CANAVERAL-1000-2-768x768.jpg

spacex_tess_on_pad_co.jpg

14 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

Hey KK could you make a FH second stage, the fairings on them are placed sideways, and don't fit the interstage if you rotate the sec stage 

Yep will do :)

13 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

The fairings are rotated properly. The payload logo on the fairing is always rotated 90° off compared to the SpaceX & Falcon 9 logo on the first stage. See

NASA-TESS-SPACEX-CAPE-CANAVERAL-1000-2-768x768.jpg

spacex_tess_on_pad_co.jpg

Yep will do :)

Oh, okay, thank you so much, mixed in my head the looks of FH and F9 xD

Btw, how about adding the Falcon Heavy fairing to the game whenever you have a bit of time? It'd be awesome ^^

And how do I move the drone ship to the water? :o

Edited by RayistaNachoPls

13 hours ago, RayistaNachoPls said:

Oh, okay, thank you so much, mixed in my head the looks of FH and F9 xD

Btw, how about adding the Falcon Heavy fairing to the game whenever you have a bit of time? It'd be awesome ^^

And how do I move the drone ship to the water? :o

Just use Vessel Mover, or launch and move it with the engine it comes with.

Be warned, Vessel Mover makes it flip upside down when you place it down. I don't know if this is fixed yet or not, but last I checked, it flips.

21 hours ago, RayistaNachoPls said:

No guarantees. 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eyjrk1fxt33jumz/AADKSdtDHQm8Ji4O1VY5560ta?dl=0
I haven't even updated to 1.4.2 yet so I can't test it.

Instructions:

1. Copy and paste "Launchers Pack" folder into GameData and overwrite anything is asked.
  2. Start KSP.
Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23

5 hours ago, Al Raiyan Rafi said:

does this mod support KSP 1.4.1? please answer. if not than how to get this mod for 1.4.1 Please please

You'll need to find out yourself. Maybe it works. If it doesn't work in 1.4.1, you can also try to download an older version from Spacedock by clicking on "Changelog" and then selecting a version and hit "Download".

On 4/23/2018 at 11:54 AM, Oggy1326 said:

how can I get off the landing gear ???

Woah, no need for the big size and underline and red text... you can't take the gear off OUTSIDE the VAB but inside the vab, just remove them like any other part

It looks like I have encountered the missing parts glitch from February.  When I try to load F9 in the VAB, it tells me the engines and the fairing are missing.  Deleting and reinstalling the Launchers Pack folder within GameData failed to resolve the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.