[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

Yes, haha you are faster than me, I had some trouble with my internet connection right now, I am currently uploading the images! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

So, now to make it official, Version 4 has been released and with it the Atlas V! Hurray! :P

Changelog:

> Added Atlas V

> Falcon 1 got new FX, sounds and descriptions (thanks Dragon! :rolleyes:)

> FX entends now higher in the atmosphere (Delta II)

For more info and the Download link(s), please visit the first page! ;) I hope you'll like it...

Ps.: Sorry, I didn't came around to make custom fairings, I will make them when I have time for that and upload them for you guys! :sealed:

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

I checked on debug log after blow up few times the stages 2 and i see this:

NullReferenceException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject:get_transform ()

at ModelMultiParticlePersistFX.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

LOG File:

[EXC 01:13:29.232] NullReferenceException

ModelMultiParticlePersistFX.Update ()

also with MechJeb is not keep the selected altitude and going and going from 400 to 4000..... or 100 to 300+

Edited by Viruzzz

Small packaging bug. You've got 2x 400 series Long Payload Fairings same part name. Haven't tested to see what/if any differences between them.

EDIT: Seems they are more or less duplicates, near identical weight with only decoupler strength differences.

Edited by StoryMusgrave

The Models looks great but man your FX just kill this mod for me so much it's delete mod or rewrite the FX and if, I get the License right we can't share FX files well thanks for your time and work on the Models.

What's the big deal about the FX??? Realism???

I checked on debug log after blow up few times the stages 2 and i see this:

LOG File:

also with MechJeb is not keep the selected altitude and going and going from 400 to 4000..... or 100 to 300+

Hm, I don't play with MJ at all, and didn't tested this rocket with it. I would recommend to try launching this rocket by hand, the gimbal range is a bit higher and the sidedrift is due to the asymmetrical booster position even bigger. And the Centaur hasn't got much thrust, you need to pitch up directly when you start the engine, I don't know if MJ does that. I will see if there's anything I can fix.

Small packaging bug. You've got 2x 400 series Long Payload Fairings same part name. Haven't tested to see what/if any differences between them.

EDIT: Seems they are more or less duplicates, near identical weight with only decoupler strength differences.

Whoops, I've fergotten to remove it. :S

What's the big deal about the FX??? Realism???

when they get to the big brown and yellow ball of smoke that should be flames, I guess thats what it is and it stay even out of the atmosphere there just bad looking in a bad way and not real at all and stock FX would be better looking then this or some hotrockets.

when they get to the big brown and yellow ball of smoke that should be flames, I guess thats what it is and it stay even out of the atmosphere there just bad looking in a bad way and not real at all and stock FX would be better looking then this or some hotrockets.

I agree the real effects might look good to some people but to me they honestly don't looks that good. I think the vacuum engine effects look good but the atmospheric ones not so much. The cloud that gets exponentially bigger and bigger just doesn't look good. That being said it doesn't bother me so much that I would delete the pack because the rockets themselves just look and perform wonderfully and very realistically. But yes the engine effects are certainly something you should reconsider. I know they are stockalike but maybe you should consider something in between what you have and what OMSK is doing with his engines.

Edited by sp1989

The FX is from Hotrockets, just edited in a way that it works with smokescreen, and which make the FX expand in the higher atmoshphere.

And now, this Stock FX config should work. Put it into your KSP main folder, and overwrite existing files: http://www./download/g622c319p5pewf7/StockFX__AtlasV.zip

EDIT: Yes, I will talk with this about Dragon, and about alternatives to the current idea. :) But cool you like the rest! ;)

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Well, I for one think the new FX is more realistic, and I like it that way. Is it perfect, no, this is KSP and the new stuff is good enough until something better comes along. To delete this excellent mod because one doesn't care for the more realistic effects (which I've seen little/no performance hit either) for a launcher that is used for 10min or so is silly to me, but to each his own.

Kartoffelkuchen, good for you to supplement the nay sayers with an unrealistic stock effect. It can be in the same folder as the re-sized stuff is. Keep up the good work.

Well, I for one think the new FX is more realistic, and I like it that way. Is it perfect, no, this is KSP and the new stuff is good enough until something better comes along. To delete this excellent mod because one doesn't care for the more realistic effects (which I've seen little/no performance hit either) for a launcher that is used for 10min or so is silly to me, but to each his own.

Kartoffelkuchen, good for you to supplement the nay sayers with an unrealistic stock effect. It can be in the same folder as the re-sized stuff is. Keep up the good work.

You show me a rocket launch that has a ball of smoke out of the atmosphere this are not realistic FX but yes the models are great.

EDIT- And thanks Kartoffelkuchen for the FX fix will try.

Edited by Mecripp2

MeCripp: Do yourself a favor. Actually learn what IS realistic before you spout off. Eat Crow. LINK

Actually you are both right and wrong. Yes the exhaust plume does get larger as the vehicle ascends its just not that large with the rockets represented in this pack. The Saturn V was an enormous rocket with enourmus engines. Creating an exhaust plume that seemingly engulfed part of the rocket. However with the cleam mixtures and the smaller more efficent engines the exhaust plume looks more like this at high altitudes.

plume.jpg

If you notice its not the flame that expands outwards but more seemingly gases, exhaust, and condensation that might create a large plume or gas. A plume like this however might look good behind a Saturn V, but this is the humble Delta which shouldn't have such a large plume. P1AjM4H.png

Look at this real Delta Heavy at high altitudes. It does not have such a large plume. rocket-1.jpg?format=1000w

I suppose it is not an issue with the fire as it is with these modern rockets the plume should be hazy smoke as opposed to enormous orange plumes. But I am not one for 100% unadulterated realism. I just want to have fun. That being said, again I would use this pack everyday and twice on sunday because it is beautiful and I can get over the engine effects. I just want a thank all of you guys for doing such awesome work. Keep it up.

MeCripp: Do yourself a favor. Actually learn what IS realistic before you spout off. Eat Crow. LINK

Not to say it's still in the atmosphere at the point try again.

EDIT- And the problem is with the expanding plume as yes they expand it's the looks of this and they don't stop at the out of the atmosphere the plume should get big but no flames this FX just look like a bad bad smoke ball and if would post a side shot of the same shot you would see that, That is the good angle from the side shot you start to see this large boxes pop up every couple of sec's.

Edited by Mecripp2

You can make a module manager patch no matter what license a mod has as it doesn't modify or redistribute the files directly. Also, you guys are hijacking this thread to argue over something stupid and pointless he said these are copied from hotrockets effects, if you don't like them go complain there. Appreciate that you even have these rockets to use and stop whining and complaining.

Edited by raidernick

You can make a module manager patch no matter what license a mod has as it doesn't modify or redistribute the files directly. Also, you guys are hijacking this thread to argue over something stupid and pointless so either argue with each other somewhere else or stop altogether. Appreciate that you even have these rockets to use and stop whining and complaining.

you say we can redistribute a MM patch ?

NoDerivatives  If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material. 

?

EDIT- Thought something like this came up before and we couldn't even use the name of the PART which stops of from share MM's.

Edited by Mecripp2

you say we can redistribute a MM patch ?
NoDerivatives  If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material. 

?

A module manager patch does not do any of those things. All of the files are staying in their original state and you are not redistributing any of the original files. It's more of a loophole in the license but yes you can do it.

I can't really say anything about licenses, I just made one because you need one here. And I've chosen the elements for the license which made sense on me. But really, I have no problem if you make module manager files to edit parameters of the parts of this mod, as long as you don't edit them directly I am happy. Editing textures or the model files is not allowed. And if MM-Configs were forbidden you couldn't also make let's say RSS configs, which would be really pointless.

And thanks raidernick for the clear words. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.