[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

1 hour ago, Delta_8930 said:

And 1.0.4 wasn't friendly with launch clamps. Every time I launched with FASA clamps, I got this:

I never have that issue with the FASA clamps, of course I also had a plugin that claims to fix it. Haven't run into my launch clamps since.

1 hour ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

I know I will have specialized launch clamps for most of my launch pads including SLC-40

But you haven't released them yet ;) Still really looking forward to 'The Real KSC in KSP' when its released.

7 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@Motokid600

Yes, I didn't have time to update the OP after the forum upgrade, sorry. :# 

I'll do that soon!

No worries I was able to find all the rockets on I think kerbal stuff. However I only want your engines. Trying to keep my memory low. So I deleted most of everything except the engines, there models and textures. Or so I thought. Everything but the Merlins seems to not have any textures. However I look in all there folders and there each paired with a .dds.

So.. what exactly did I delete that these engines need?

1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

No worries I was able to find all the rockets on I think kerbal stuff. However I only want your engines. Trying to keep my memory low. So I deleted most of everything except the engines, there models and textures. Or so I thought. Everything but the Merlins seems to not have any textures. However I look in all there folders and there each paired with a .dds.

So.. what exactly did I delete that these engines need?

Every single engine most likely has more than 1 single texture. I'd imagine each engine has at least 1-2 main textures(nozzle,pipes/tubopump, structure), then maybe one normal map, one emissive texture etc. If you deleted everything except the engines .mu files and 1 texture per. engine, then that will explain why the engines don't appear to have textures in-game.

23 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

The config files tell the .mu models, but not the textures

Somewhat off topic but can't you tell a model to use a certain texture file from the config file? Most configs don't have it but I'm pretty sure I've run across a couple.

46 minutes ago, fairy said:

Every single engine most likely has more than 1 single texture. I'd imagine each engine has at least 1-2 main textures(nozzle,pipes/tubopump, structure), then maybe one normal map, one emissive texture etc. If you deleted everything except the engines .mu files and 1 texture per. engine, then that will explain why the engines don't appear to have textures in-game.

After having another look at it I'm kinda confused now. I have a fresh package of the Launchers pack next to what I have in Gamedata to compare whats missing. I never deleted anything inside of the engine folders. For instance the Kestrel engine. Its in Launchers Pack\Rockets\SpaceX\kestrel. I never touched the files inside the engine folder. Same with all the other engines. I just got rid of all the fairings, structure and fuel tank folders.

So at this point I'm going to assume these engines are sharing textures that are not packaged in the folders themselves? But are elsewhere?

Edited by Motokid600

4 minutes ago, ReventonHawx said:

Somewhat off topic but can't you tell a model to use a certain texture file from the config file? Most configs don't have it but I'm pretty sure I've run across a couple.

Yes, I believe that's possible with the "texture = ..." node, for example

texture = Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/F912_tanks

but I have not tried that before at all. Though the stock fairings use that, so it has to work I guess. :P

@Motokid600 Theoretically, you only need to keep the textures in "Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/m1c" for the merlin 1c rocket family. Everything else can be deleted, the M1Cs don't use any other textures. Maybe retry that, and if it's still not working please come back to me again, ok? :)

@MajorLeaugeRocketScience Don't hurry, I will upload a final test version right now, including landing legs, gridfins and some small fixes.

1mhdxjb.png

1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

That would explain my troubles in the past. Then what governs the textures?

The textures are paired when the model is UVW mapped in Blender. In Unity, all you have to do is to select the model and its corresponding texture, and you'll see that it's already paired up, which means that there's no need to add the "texture =" line anymore. I'm pretty sure the last version was somewhere between 0.18-0.20. After that they switched to a new .CFG file format.

Well I'm looking to have the engines from all the rocket families you have here. Looking at it now the only engines that seemingly aren't textured are the RS-27/A and the Kestrel. Seemingly. I notices that there is some color and looking at the texture files in their folders they seem to match up. So forgive me the textures may very well be there, but there just not very extensive or maybe there incomplete.

Thanks for clarifying that as well Delta.

Edited by Motokid600

9 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Ah, and maybe someone wants to make a guess what this is?

07N5AL9.png

Also picked up my work on getting the other rockets working again for KSP 1.0.5. Atlas V is almost ready now.

ASDS!!!!!

Which one is that supposed to be? 'Just read the Instructions' or 'Of course I still love you'?

Edited by Delta_8930

19 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Ah, and maybe someone wants to make a guess what this is?

07N5AL9.png

Also picked up my work on getting the other rockets working again for KSP 1.0.5. Atlas V is almost ready now.

Someone already made one. It's on kerbal stuff

2 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Aren't they also making a "It's not rocket science" down at Vandenburg? I'm pretty sure I heard something about it. Also, I'm going out to the RTF to gather some "data" on the RTLS. I know a place 1/2 mile from the landing pad. Should I post pictures guys?

I'll also be there, meet up??

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.