[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

I've remade the Payload fairings now. I also made fairings for CASSIOPE, SES 8, Thaicom 6, Asiasat 6 / Thaicom 7, DSCOVR, Eutelsat 115 West B + ABS 3A and TurkmenAlem 52E/Monacosat 1.

(The Cassiope fairing is missing two small logos right now, I will add that once I have a high-enough quality version of these logos)

I also still need to do the AsiaSat 8 payload fairing, but I haven't found a proper image of the AsiaSat logo as it is on that fairing.

5 hours ago, Delta_8930 said:

Wasn't the career mode level 1 pad and the smaller pads around it similar to the SpaceX landing pad concept?

Actually, mostly yes. Would be missing some details, but theoretically that would be it.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Here's something I found:

vrgoizJ.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, the three rectangular structures at the bottom are payload access doors. Up to three can be added in each SpaceX Falcon 9 fairing. However, I don't think they would be of any use in KSP because there's no need to service the payload on the pad.

Edited by Delta_8930

Yes I know that image. But I'd rather like to have that as a logo, decal however than from a real image. It would be very hard to copy the logo from above onto my texture so that it still looks right.

Sure that the rectangular things are payload access doors? 

I thought that the roundish thing which can be seen on bottom-left corner would be a payload access door, you can also see that on other closeups. I don't know what the rectangular things are for if they aren't PADs. Though I could be totally wrong there. I know it says what the dooes are in the users guide, but I can't look it up right now.

I joined the forums specifically to say thank you for this amazing pack! With slight...modification...I use the Falcon 1 to get 5 ton payloads to 100x100 orbits pretty easily early on in a new career.

I'm also curious...do you have any new pictures of the Atlas V modelling? It's my favorite since I've been involved with several Vandyland launches IRL on the payload side. 

7 minutes ago, Rybo said:

I joined the rums specifically to say thank you for this amazing pack! With slight...modification...I use1.0 the Falcon 1 to get 5 ton payloads to 100x100 orbits pretty easily early on in a new career.

I'm also curious...do you have any new pictures of the Atlas V modelling? It's my favorite since I've been involved with several Vandyland launches IRL on the payload side. 

Aww thanks man! :))

Yeah, *slight modifications*, alright! :D

Ah, maybe you misunderstood me a bit. Right now I am only working on getting the rockets to work in KSP 1.0.5, I am not remodelling any of them. Though once everythibg works in the latest ksp version I will start remodelling Atlas V, DII and DIII, for the Unity 5update later.

Oh, you were involved into some launches? Awesome!! I hope I can apply for a job in the spaceflight industry too one day...

Ah okay. Well regardless, a working Atlas V is what I'm most excited about. I think I read somewhere in the thread that you're planning on doing Atlas V 400 and 500 series configurations right?

11 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

you were involved into some launches?

Indeed. Vandenberg AFB and Lompoc are like a second home to me :D

I've worked all over SLC-3 when supporting Atlas V launches and got to tour SLC-4 and SLC-6. The SpaceX processing facility is REALLY nice since it's newer. The Delta IV processing facility is older and not nearly as nice but it's absolutely cavernous!

31 minutes ago, Rybo said:

Ah okay. Well regardless, a working Atlas V is what I'm most excited about. I think I read somewhere in the thread that you're planning on doing Atlas V 400 and 500 series configurations right?

Indeed. Vandenberg AFB and Lompoc are like a second home to me :D

I've worked all over SLC-3 when supporting Atlas V launches and got to tour SLC-4 and SLC-6. The SpaceX processing facility is REALLY nice since it's newer. The Delta IV processing facility is older and not nearly as nice but it's absolutely cavernous!

That's very cool!! I have only been to SLC-40 and 41 here in my home town, Titusville Florida

2 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I've remade the Payload fairings now. I also made fairings for CASSIOPE, SES 8, Thaicom 6, Asiasat 6 / Thaicom 7, DSCOVR, Eutelsat 115 West B + ABS 3A and TurkmenAlem 52E/Monacosat 1.

(The Cassiope fairing is missing two small logos right now, I will add that once I have a high-enough quality version of these logos)

I also still need to do the AsiaSat 8 payload fairing, but I haven't found a proper image of the AsiaSat logo as it is on that fairing.

Actually, mostly yes. Would be missing some details, but theoretically that would be it.

I have been doing the same your your atlas vbdec1023e4.jpg

5 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

That's very cool!! I have only been to SLC-40 and 41 here in my home town, Titusville Florida

Nice! Several of my coworkers worked a pair of launches out of the SLC-41 before I joined the program. We currently have no plans to launch from the Cape again so my chances of going there are slim. 

1 hour ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Is there a major difference from SES-9? I can see a slight difference, but not much. Also, I need you to help me with making solar panels and texturing. Maybe later

cool, i know my panels are small but is this the type of panels you want?

https://youtu.be/FDdpIM33iLk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.