Version 2.1 released!

Not much changed, but anyway! ;)

• Added F9R nosecone
  • Added new paintjob for Falcon Heavy
  • Added "Burned" texture to Falcon 9
  • Fixed Octaweb
  • Fixed various .craft files

Download from Kerbalstuff

Also Landing Zone 1 is now available too!

Side note regarding the other rockets: I am not very confident that I will get actually *anything* of it ready for KSP 1.0.5. It's just sooooo much stuff to do, and seriously, when I see a excrementsty, liquid looking model like this

ty8Tl7U.png

I would love to simply delete the everything (ok, Delta III is looking mostly ok for me, but the other stuff which I've done months ago (Delta II, Atlas V), and completely start from zero again with those. That was my plan anyway, though I'd have done that when 1.1 would have been released and they are at least working in 1.0.5, but I'd really hate it to release these old models again.

So I hope you understand me that there's only the SpaceX stuff available for now. :(

Hey Kart, Awesome Addon and thank you for the time.  Unfortunately for me, after I installed the launcher pack, my game is crashing. Mostly when recovering the craft from a flight session or going back to the space center out of flying the launchers.  This does not happen when I am not using the included craft files.   The crashes have generated a good amount of log files and I am including them here to hopefully find a solution as I don't have a clue what I am looking at in the log files..  Can you help?

Latest Crash Logs  https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dek32mq371jwjc/2015-12-31_080600.zip?dl=0

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Buzz313th said:

Hey Kart, Awesome Addon and thank you for the time.  Unfortunately for me, after I installed the launcher pack, my game is crashing. Mostly when recovering the craft from a flight session or going back to the space center out of flying the launchers.  This does not happen when I am not using the included craft files.   The crashes have generated a good amount of log files and I am including them here to hopefully find a solution as I don't have a clue what I am looking at in the log files..  Can you help?

Latest Crash Logs  https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dek32mq371jwjc/2015-12-31_080600.zip?dl=0

Thanks

Does it happen with all the rockets?

So when you use the included .craft files the game crashes after recovering/going to space center and when you build the rockets yourself it works fine? That's a bit strange indeed. Seems like you're running out of memory from what I can see, but I don't really know if there's anything else which makes bad things. Maybe try to set graphics a step back? :/

14 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Does it happen with all the rockets?

So when you use the included .craft files the game crashes after recovering/going to space center and when you build the rockets yourself it works fine? That's a bit strange indeed. Seems like you're running out of memory from what I can see, but I don't really know if there's anything else which makes bad things. Maybe try to set graphics a step back? :/

Thanks for the reply.   Would I be running out of Vram or physical system memory?   I have only tried the Craft files included.  It seems to only happen when I use the Falcon 9...  I haven't tried building a falcon 9 from scratch yet.

System specs.

I5

8 gigs system ram

GTX 9700

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Buzz313th said:

Wait...   Correct me if I am wrong, but since KSP is a 32 bit app, it itself is limited to 4gogs of memory, right?   So If I see the app in task manager exceed or reach 4gigs, then that's the problem, right?

Yes, it is and exceeding memory will be the cause. It often already crashes at 3.5GB. I can unfortunately only recommend you to lower your graphics settings, or remove mods. ://

Just now, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yes, it is and exceeding memory will be the cause. It often already crashes at 3.5GB. I can unfortunately only recommend you to lower your graphics settings, or remove mods. ://

Let me give that a try and I'll get back to you...  By the way, what does the "Aerohider.dll" do?  Is that something I can afford to be without?

5 minutes ago, Buzz313th said:

Let me give that a try and I'll get back to you...  By the way, what does the "Aerohider.dll" do?  Is that something I can afford to be without?

Oh, it's just a tiny tiny plugin which disables aerdynamic force for the fairings. :P Simply because I was too lazy didn't understand how dragcubes worked. Though I have pretty much figured it out with NathanKells help, so it won't be needed anymore in the future. It just prevents your rockets from flipping over if you go too far off-prograde during launch. Keeping it makes launching easier, though it's definetely possible without it too. ;)

Just now, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Oh, it's just a tiny tiny plugin which disables aerdynamic force for the fairings. :P Simply because I was too lazy didn't understand how dragcubes worked. Though I have pretty much figured it out with NathanKells help, so it won't be needed anymore in the future. It just prevents your rockets from flipping over if you go too far off-prograde during launch. Keeping it makes launching easier, though it's definetely possible without it too. ;)

Thanks..   And FYI, during the exit to Space center from a flight session, KSP's Mem reaches 3.7 and crashes to desktop.  I'm going to get rid of EVE and see if that helps..

1 hour ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I'm sorry @Buzz313th but I can't help you there... :(

Lol...

pElwcA9.png

Falcon 9 + 2 Falcon 1s as boosters :D

Hey Kart.. 

I did a bit more work trying to stop the CTD while running your launchers pack..  I tried reinstalling KSP and all the MODS one at a time.  When I got to the launcher pack, I noticed that Mem load went way up to 3.5gigs and crashes when KSP gets to 3.6-3.8 only when exiting back to the space center and reverting flight.   Without the launchers pack app mem usage is 2.8 - 3.0 gigs.  So your mod adds anywhere from 0.5 -0.7 gigs.   Is there any way I can trim it down? 

3 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

pElwcA9.png

Falcon 9 + 2 Falcon 1s as boosters :D

I was actually just thinking of this concept earlier today while watching an Atlas V 551 launch from earlier this year. Didn't get around to trying it though. Maybe put some small wings and landing gear on them for recovery? ;) Got something to try the next time I launch KSP!

@Buzz313th Have you tried any of the memory-saving tricks like forcing open-GL or the Active Texture Management mod? You could also resize the textures yourself if you know what you're doing or if you're a real power user, try 64-bit KSP. Just a disclaimer though, do NOT try the last two unless you know what you're doing. I would highly suggest trying the first two before even looking into the second two options.

Edited by ReventonHawx

49 minutes ago, ReventonHawx said:

@Buzz313th Have you tried any of the memory-saving tricks like forcing open-GL or the Active Texture Management mod? You could also resize the textures yourself if you know what you're doing or if you're a real power user, try 64-bit KSP. Just a disclaimer though, do NOT try the last two unless you know what you're doing. I would highly suggest trying the first two before even looking into the second two options.

Thanks Reventon,

I think I'll wait on using this Mod until either the mem footprint comes down or we migrate to Unity5 with version 1.1 and have a release 64bit version.  As cool as this Mod is, I'm not going to spend hours tweaking KSP when I could be playing..

Thanks again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.