[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Is there a Real Fuel config for this

He is not having the real fuel capacities due to it being far too much for the kerbal universe. instead he has adjusted the fuel quantities to matched that of the capabilities of the real thing. If you are talking about having real fuel names and a 15-30% fuel storage for return on stage one, I am currently in discussion with him regarding the changes I have made privately which includes the total capacity of stage 1 split 20% into return storage which needs activating meaning that enough fuel is saved for the return flight.

Hey, it's been a second! 

@Kartoffelkuchen, I know about all the issues with the ULA pack, but in the meantime, is there anyway you could redo the old Minotaur IV/V and the other rockets for 1.3? I really don't want to be attacking you with questions but I want to see this mod continue on

Got this one coming up finally

The old Falcon 9 1.0 fully reusable, based on this video by SpaceX:

It is not a replica, I wanted to just have some fun with it and it is more like a kerbalized implementation for KSP (2.5m in size for example). I will still include it in the SpaceX pack though.

And even more stuff really soon now

14 hours ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Hey, it's been a second! 

@Kartoffelkuchen, I know about all the issues with the ULA pack, but in the meantime, is there anyway you could redo the old Minotaur IV/V and the other rockets for 1.3? I really don't want to be attacking you with questions but I want to see this mod continue on

Yeah I can do that

Update tomorrow the new old Falcon I made will be included as well as several payload fairing designs I just made for the past 5 missions, including Echostar 23, NROL, Inmarsat, Bulgariasat 1and Intelsat. It will also hopefully include the Formosat -  5 fairing once we finally get to see that one. Some big things coming up after that

4 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Update tomorrow the new old Falcon I made will be included as well as several payload fairing designs I just made for the past 5 missions, including Echostar 23, NROL, Inmarsat, Bulgariasat 1and Intelsat. It will also hopefully include the Formosat -  5 fairing once we finally get to see that one. Some big things coming up after that

Ooh, I'm excited

On ‎24‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 9:14 PM, Cheesecake said:

We have tomorrow now. :cool:

You really thought this update was gonna come on time? HAHA! This is a SpaceX mod, what do you expect? Ambitious goals which are never met on time lol

Anyway here it is

MdalRfT.png

SpaceX Pack v5 available now!

Added "F9 Demo", a stockalike Block 1 fully reusable Falcon 9 as seen in this video by SpaceX

Added payload fairings from past missions, including Echostar, Inmarsat, IridiumNEXT, Formosat, NROL 76, BulgariaSat-1

Download from SpaceDock!

On 8/26/2017 at 5:21 AM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

You really thought this update was gonna come on time? HAHA! This is a SpaceX mod, what do you expect? Ambitious goals which are never met on time lol

That's 'Elon Time' you're talking about :D . Falcon Heavy was alway 6 months away from launch. Not this time though, we're less than 2 months and I'm so pumped for the launch! Hopefully they'll make it.

By the way, I love this mod as much as I love SpaceX. Thank you so much for making and updating them. You rocks!

I was messing around in paint.net and did a little something :)

So the first 3 images are the currently-active version of Falcon 9. I just change some colours on the engines and octaweb to make it look as accurate as possible. The last 5 images are based on the render version of the Falcon 9, hopefully the Falcon 9 Block 5 will look like that (or close). Also made the logos and other things double-sided. 

Edited by M4GiC
Added something

I'm currently running Sigma Dimensions with a Rescale factor (adjust the size of planets) of 3 and a Resize factor (adjust the size of orbits) of 3.

Is there a way that I can adjust these parts so that they're compatible with the new scale, as a F9 FT with no payload doesn't have enough dV to get to orbit?

On ‎26‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 9:46 AM, M4GiC said:

I was messing around in paint.net and did a little something :)

So the first 3 images are the currently-active version of Falcon 9. I just change some colours on the engines and octaweb to make it look as accurate as possible. The last 5 images are based on the render version of the Falcon 9, hopefully the Falcon 9 Block 5 will look like that (or close). Also made the logos and other things double-sided. 

That looks nice. I am just wondering actually why I've never made the logos appear double sided, I will change that quickly for the next update lol.

However, I am not planning to do significant upgrades to the SpaceX, Falcon 9 part of this mod, I will wait until Block 5 starts flying. Then I'll do a complete revamp of it, with much better textures, models.. I want to wait until they "freeze" the design because I don't want to change something every few flights only because some small changes were made to the real one. Once Block 5 starts flying I will start my revamp and will do it as accurately & detailed as possible, on the level of my new Delta II & IV.

https://sketchfab.com/models/39f259a77d7b44e4a3b5ae3aa3562152

Until then, I might do some smaller changes here & there, but it will pretty much stay the same as it is right now for the next few months. I hope you understand that, I don't want to be spending time on redoing something over and over if I could spend my time on other things as well. :)

10 hours ago, Jeorge said:

@Kartoffelkuchen There's like a successor(kinda) to old school fairings, it works differently. It's called Simple adjustable fairings

Maybe you can take a look at it for implementation in the future. :)

Thanks I will have a look at it. Would be fantastic if those fairings finally worked again...

1 hour ago, BMot360 said:

I'm currently running Sigma Dimensions with a Rescale factor (adjust the size of planets) of 3 and a Resize factor (adjust the size of orbits) of 3.

Is there a way that I can adjust these parts so that they're compatible with the new scale, as a F9 FT with no payload doesn't have enough dV to get to orbit?

Yes, you can make a module manager config file where you apply new values to the existing entries in the parts cfg's. You will need to experiment with it however, you can't simply say "well the universe is three times bigger, so I will simply multiply all existing values with 3", so it might take a little bit of time. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.