[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

5 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

If anyone willing to help 3d model a cargo dragon I could texture it

Funny enough, I have a cargo dragon model that’s been gathering dust for the past 2 years or so because i gave up on trying to texture it.... perhaps it’s time to dig it out....

Just now, sciencepanda said:

Funny enough, I have a cargo dragon model that’s been gathering dust for the past 2 years or so because i gave up on trying to texture it.... perhaps it’s time to dig it out....

Pm me, i may be able to add a good texture to it

3 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

Pm me, i may be able to add a good texture to it

Then we can have an even bigger collection of helpful addons to this already amazing mod. Speaking of addons, I am going to make another add on. It will be to add another engine with cfgs for the updated Merlin for block v.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23

7 hours ago, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

Then we can have an even bigger collection of helpful addons to this already amazing mod. Speaking of addons, I am going to make another add on. It will be to add another engine with cfgs for the updated Merlin for block v.

I‘ve already included a Merlin 1D „Full Thrust +“ in the mod, this is meant to be the final, uprated thrust block 5 engine. I‘d need to check on the numbers if it indeed has 7% more thrust since I made that cfg quite some time ago already, but in theory, it‘s included.

also, maybe should have said that in the OP, will add it, the B5 mod and the linked fairing textures currently are not working because I removed the firespitter dependency and I think both of these still use it, so you‘ll need to download firespitter mod (only the plugin) for these to work currently. 

5 minutes ago, Hunony said:

thanks for updating this mod, but did you fixed the engines fuel comsuption? because for me the falcon heavy dindt even had enough delta-v for going to mun

Did you do the booster sep? if so it may have had too much fuel in the boosters and or center core

9 minutes ago, Jack5.exe said:

Did you do the booster sep? if so it may have had too much fuel in the boosters and or center core

i tried using all the boosters fuel and still dindt get a encounter with mun, and when i was at 1.3.1 i edited the engines fuel comsuption, i reduced by half but then the rocket got too overpowered, but atleast it got more realistic, but now i'll try lowering about 35-45% the fuel comsuption to see if it get more realistic

Edited by Hunony

8 hours ago, Hunony said:

i tried using all the boosters fuel and still dindt get a encounter with mun, and when i was at 1.3.1 i edited the engines fuel comsuption, i reduced by half but then the rocket got too overpowered, but atleast it got more realistic, but now i'll try lowering about 35-45% the fuel comsuption to see if it get more realistic

I‘ve changed stage 2 to carry about 25% more fuel with a decreased dry mass, now F9 and Heavy both have a more reasonable performance to all orbits. Will update soon 

7 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I‘ve changed stage 2 to carry about 25% more fuel with a decreased dry mass, now F9 and Heavy both have a more reasonable performance to all orbits. Will update soon 

increased the fuel tanks fuel? dont u think you should reduce the engines fuel comsuption?

2 hours ago, Hunony said:

increased the fuel tanks fuel? dont u think you should reduce the engines fuel comsuption?

Nope :P With an Isp of 322 and 375kN thrust, the Merlin 1D Vacuum is pretty ok in comparison. It's well in line with the Merlin 1D as this version is optimized for vacuum and thus is much more efficient and with more thrust, while, if you compare S1 and S2 fueltanks, they don't compare as nicely. S2 simply holds too less fuel in comparison to stage 1, so I reduced the dry mass of stage 2 by a third and added more fuel to it, so it reaches the same wet mass again (~40t) so lift off TWR won't be off. That's the reason S2 is so heavy, to reduce the TWR at lift off, which otherwise would be much too high, but we can't reduce thrust on the M1D's, otherwise a landing wouldn't be possible any more, so that was quite a balancing act to do and now I'm just changing the fuel / dry mass of stage 2 to let it carry more fuel to also reach mun and interplanetary orbits which is much more realistic. :) Will update soon

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

9 hours ago, VulcanK said:

Hi. I am having an issue with the Merlin 1D engines where they do not have an attachment node so I cant use the towers pack. Is this incorrect or am I just being stupid :P

the octaweb has the atachment node for the towers also be aware that last time i used the towers, the rocket swayed i think this is normal and shouldnt affect you unless you don't have KJR which i am unsure is updated 

also i made a video:

(I did use my own configs by the way to make it close to the real Falcon 9)

On 4/8/2018 at 11:24 AM, JacobPF9 said:

Can some link an RO config for this mod please??

Why would somebody link an RO config? Just download RO, the configs are in it already.

23 hours ago, DatBoi said:

Any word on the Atlas pack being updated?

The last I heard the Atlas stuff was sort of on indefinite hold due to problems with roscosmos. KK told me he was planning to release his Delta stuff separately though.

9 hours ago, Space_Kadet said:

KSP 1.4.1

Won't load your wonderful work that I like so much :(@Kartoffelkuchen

Is there anything you can tell me that might fix this?

I had it working like a charm in 1.3.1

Installed the same way here... maybe I missed something?

UacKUpH.png

Try downloading and installing the mod again.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.