Jump to content

[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack


Kartoffelkuchen
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yes! And you need to remove the empty space between the @ and the name :)

Lots of progress has been done! I improved the capsule even more and properly integrated the drogue and main parachute bay now as you can see in the image below (the main parachute door is still missing but you get the idea). Almost all parts are in the game as of right now (except for the main chutes, still working on that), so far everything is sorted out. Aerodynamic behaviour is working well, solar panel is generating power as it should, all animations are working (trunk umbilical disconnect, nosecone opening). :) IVA will take the most time from now on I think. Textures are not done yet though!

znygoNp.png

Xr7XdRC.pngDwXRlOR.png

 

@Kartoffelkuchen I know I am asking a lot with the fairing recovery hardware, but I have yet again another request. May you please add Star link satellites to this mod later on as well? You know, so we can get the whole SpaceX experience :D 

By the way the models you made look amazing! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spaceman20290 said:

@Kartoffelkuchen I know I am asking a lot with the fairing recovery hardware, but I have yet again another request. May you please add Star link satellites to this mod later on as well? You know, so we can get the whole SpaceX experience :D 

By the way the models you made look amazing! 

I'm pretty sure you'll need a supercomputer to launch 60 sats in one go. That'd be a really cool recreation though! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

500tb of RAM lol

Progress so far is quiet promissing

I absolutely agree with you! This mod's Dragon looks beautifully realistic. I do think that the size it has is a bit overkill for stock, but it'd be literally perfect of RSS.

Speaking of Dragon, maybe Cargo Dragon could be added aswell?

Edited by alberro+
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MfOvCiC.png

Main's are out! :cool: So happy to get these to work properly, just awesome to look at it with the covers flying away n stuff. On to some detailing and the IVA now.

4 hours ago, Spaceman20290 said:

@Kartoffelkuchen I know I am asking a lot with the fairing recovery hardware, but I have yet again another request. May you please add Star link satellites to this mod later on as well? You know, so we can get the whole SpaceX experience :D

Not sure but possible, if I get some good images to model them off then sure why not.

4 hours ago, alberro+ said:

I absolutely agree with you! This mod's Dragon looks beautifully realistic. I do think that the size it has is a bit overkill for stock, but it'd be literally perfect of RSS.

Speaking of Dragon, maybe Cargo Dragon could be added aswell?

Yeah, however it does actually fit in quite nicely with the 3.75m parts but yeah I'll see if I provide a 2.5m reconfig for it. As for Dragon 1, yeah, let's leave it at a "maybe" for now. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

MfOvCiC.png

Main's are out! :cool: So happy to get these to work properly, just awesome to look at it with the covers flying away n stuff. On to some detailing and the IVA now.

Not sure but possible, if I get some good images to model them off then sure why not.

Yeah, however it does actually fit in quite nicely with the 3.75m parts but yeah I'll see if I provide a 2.5m reconfig for it. As for Dragon 1, yeah, let's leave it at a "maybe" for now. :)

So much excitement on one post!

Thank you for those 2.5m configs, I'd love to use this with Tundra!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

cTnvKrc.png

Really puts into perspective how *old* that F9 already is, from a modelling and texturing perspective. :P

You have no idea how excited I am to fly this beast. I had a few questions though, 

1. Will the size configs go for Dragon and Falcon 9? ( please say yes!)

2. Does F9 have decals on both sides? ( old b4 didn't have it, kinda got annoying)

3. Will the grid fins be refitted for B5?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

MfOvCiC.png

Main's are out! :cool: So happy to get these to work properly, just awesome to look at it with the covers flying away n stuff. On to some detailing and the IVA now.

Not sure but possible, if I get some good images to model them off then sure why not.

Yeah, however it does actually fit in quite nicely with the 3.75m parts but yeah I'll see if I provide a 2.5m reconfig for it. As for Dragon 1, yeah, let's leave it at a "maybe" for now. :)

I have a question about the parachutes, Are the drogues and mains one singular part? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2020 at 2:53 PM, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

I have a question, will the Falcon 9 have the Worm logo that it will have on DM2? @Kartoffelkuchen

Of course.

5YADWQb.png

On 4/29/2020 at 2:18 AM, alberro+ said:

You have no idea how excited I am to fly this beast. I had a few questions though, 

1. Will the size configs go for Dragon and Falcon 9? ( please say yes!)

2. Does F9 have decals on both sides? ( old b4 didn't have it, kinda got annoying)

3. Will the grid fins be refitted for B5?

1. Yes, what's the point of only rescaling one of them?

2. Yes.

3. See picture.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:11 PM, alberro+ said:

I have a question about the parachutes, Are the drogues and mains one singular part? 

No. The chutes actually work the same way they do in real life. Check this video, it's old but the deploy mechanisms and sequences are still the same (1:00 onwards)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Of course.

5YADWQb.png

1. Yes, what's the point of only rescaling one of them?

2. Yes.

3. See picture.

No. The chutes actually work the same way they do in real life. Check this video, it's old but the deploy mechanisms and sequences are still the same (1:00 onwards)

 

Thanks for the clarifications! That F9 and Dragon look absolutely sick!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2020 at 4:23 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

cTnvKrc.png

Really puts into perspective how *old* that F9 already is, from a modelling and texturing perspective. :P

You have no idea how excited this makes me. It will be a welcomed addition to my ISS build. Tantares is pretty good, but lacking in some areas (such as parachutes).

Will the rescaled config be the same scale as Tantares/Habtech2?

Edited by sciencepanda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, sciencepanda said:

You have no idea how excited this makes me. It will be a welcomed addition to my ISS build. Tantares is pretty good, but lacking in some areas (such as parachutes).

Will the rescaled config be the same scale as Tantares/Habtech2?

I mean, he did say that he'll make a 2.5m config, and HabTech2 is 2.5m in diameter. I suppose the answer would be yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...