[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

Loving the Atlas V redux !  However there was a small mistake you made in the fairing nodes on the SEC (centaur 2nd stage tank) You made 2 nodes "fairing01" and "fairing02"  but you had them share the same Y coodinate of "7.267629". This results in only one fairing shell to eject and the other to stick to the 2nd stage. Ive done a fix by creating a  0.1 space between the nodes. If anyone is interested ill post the fix. Then there is a more easy way to fix it , just use the offset tool and spread the 2 fairings a bit . Your mileage may vary. Thank you for the update ! Looking forward to the Delta stuff?  From ULA ? So Atlas and Falcon are the only 1.1 compatible launch vehicles if im correct?

2 minutes ago, Jamesstewart97 said:

How do you rescale the dragon to 3.75m? Can't figure out how to do it. 

In the Picture everything is rescaled to Stock-Size.

I used procedural parts to measure the sizes ingame and then i calculated the size/rescaleFactor.

6 hours ago, lextacy said:

Loving the Atlas V redux !  However there was a small mistake you made in the fairing nodes on the SEC (centaur 2nd stage tank) You made 2 nodes "fairing01" and "fairing02"  but you had them share the same Y coodinate of "7.267629". This results in only one fairing shell to eject and the other to stick to the 2nd stage. Ive done a fix by creating a  0.1 space between the nodes. If anyone is interested ill post the fix. Then there is a more easy way to fix it , just use the offset tool and spread the 2 fairings a bit . Your mileage may vary. Thank you for the update ! Looking forward to the Delta stuff?  From ULA ? So Atlas and Falcon are the only 1.1 compatible launch vehicles if im correct?

Hey, I can't really follow you there. I don't have any problems with fairing seperation...?

Yes, the new stuff will all be released in the ULA mod (Delta II, Delta IV, Atlas V, Vulcan). Yep, right now, (my) Atlas V and the Falcon's are the only 1.1 compatible launchers.

Here are two renders of Delta II and IV BTW.

uNiCnkm.png

F1Xy9R7.png

3 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

First Start of Falcon 9 FT+ with Dragon V1.

Thanks Kartoffelkuchen.

Wow that's awesome Cheesecake!

1 minute ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Hey, I can't really follow you there. I don't have any problems with fairing seperation...?

Yes, the new stuff will all be released in the ULA mod (Delta II, Delta IV, Atlas V, Vulcan). Yep, right now, (my) Atlas V and the Falcon's are the only 1.1 compatible launchers.

Here are two renders of Delta II and IV BTW.

uNiCnkm.png

F1Xy9R7.png

Wow that's awesome Cheesecake!

KK.... that looks amazing, Props to you and the team, miss you guys!! but cant wait!!

5 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

In the Picture everything is rescaled to Stock-Size.

I used procedural parts to measure the sizes ingame and then i calculated the size/rescaleFactor.

Or make a config for Tweakscale to rescale.

TUTORIAL TIME!!

1-Install Tweakscale: 

2-open your gamedata, choose one non-rescale part (Like Dragon V1 Pod)

3-copy this:

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = free
}

(Delete the } from the last line and rewrite the } at last line).

4- save and play ksp and will work!

5-at ksp, refit rhe size to match to the Falcon 9 diameter (or another part).

:wink:

Edited by Giuliano

43 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

Because ULA wanted it that way

I guess you cant argue with the folks at ULA. So what is the deal with the partnership? Is this to promote something? I heard the Delta II is retiring around 2017. Tis will be a sad time

10 minutes ago, lextacy said:

I guess you cant argue with the folks at ULA. So what is the deal with the partnership? Is this to promote something? I heard the Delta II is retiring around 2017. Tis will be a sad time

This isn't really to promote anything, they just reached out to us and asked if we can make a ULA mod (no longer me as I have left the development team) and yes Delta II retires in January of 2017

43 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

16 minutes ago, lextacy said:

I literally posted an answer to that already

13 hours ago, lextacy said:

Okay good to know!  Im curious....why are you completely re-doing the modeling for the Delta? Is this for ULA reasons? Or did the mesh/colliders not play well with 1.1 ?

I'm redoing them because they were old, bad rubbish and primitive. I had planned to redo them anyway, and it was pretty much the perfect time for it now.

13 hours ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

No triston! ULA said that they would like to have a KSP mod which adds their launch vehicles into the game and such. This and the fact that Tory Bruno was at the Kerbal Space Academy stream, and so it was a great idea to have a mod like this, so they reached out to us and said if we would do it. Basically. They gave us some information on what they expect, and let us do our thing. Now we got the models, and they were totally overwhelmed by them, they didn't expect something great looking like this and EJ's stuff, and that's what I wanted. :) I of course could have just used the old models, but I thought (still think) they wouldn't really be appopriate for an offical mod.

12 hours ago, lextacy said:

I guess you cant argue with the folks at ULA. So what is the deal with the partnership? Is this to promote something?

You can - they explicitly said that they have no idea on how to something like this for KSP, and so we were / are the "experts", we are the ones doing the things ULA wants us to do. They said that they would like to have an offical mod because they often see people on twitter, youtube etc "doing their missions", but they'd love if the players had a chance to actually do that with their "real" launch vehicles.

Maybe this clears things up a bit. :)

1 hour ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

No triston! ULA said that they would like to have a KSP mod which adds their launch vehicles into the game and such. This and the fact that Tory Bruno was at the Kerbal Space Academy stream, and so it was a great idea to have a mod like this, so they reached out to us and said if we would do it. Basically. They gave us some information on what they expect, and let us do our thing. Now we got the models, and they were totally overwhelmed by them, they didn't expect something great looking like this and EJ's stuff, and that's what I wanted. :) I of course could have just used the old models, but I thought (still think) they wouldn't really be appopriate for an offical mod.

oh now i feel dumb, my bad

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.