[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

It's coming along nicely. Hopefully, Delta II and III, at least, will be out soon. Delta IV will take longer, because pretty much the only thing that could be directly ported from III is the fairing (even the DCSS has much longer tanks, though the engine and avionics are shared). Maybe this community will finally get a full Delta family pack one day... :)

Huh..what did my camera caught here?

LiTXsoh.png

This is maybe better...

Xt02ypG.png

1GiGdhV.png

I found this on my PC, it needed some polishing, but now it doesn't look too bad I think...:) I've got the missing Delta II parts done (Turntable, 3rd Stage (both variants) and the other related parts), only the different payload fairings needs to be done. Otherwise, it is coming along very nicely. When YANFRET is texturing all that, I'll be moving on to Delta III/IV, and I hope we can release at least the Delta II before christmas, and maybe we already have 0.90 update then..:rolleyes:

The biggest deal with the Atlas is probably the Centaur. For the core stage, there are two variants in total, there's only one SRB and two sets of three fairings. The Centaur needs some HD detailing (including an engine with an extending nozzle), and there are 3 variants to consider (SEC, DEC and Centaur D3-A for Atlas IIIA).

Other than that, a new decoupler would likely be useful for Atlas HLV configuration (the one with 3 CCBs), but that's about it. As long as we don't delve into early Atlases, it shouldn't take much time to complete that family. :)

Yeah, more or less, I'm working on the Atlas V model, which should be finished easily, and YANFRET is working on the textures for the Delta II. I can't say anything about the Delta textures, because I haven't seen them yet, but he definetely does a great job, and I'm sure we'll be able to release Delta II this year. :) But I'm glad that there's some interest on this! :)

Yeah, more or less, I'm working on the Atlas V model, which should be finished easily, and YANFRET is working on the textures for the Delta II. I can't say anything about the Delta textures, because I haven't seen them yet, but he definetely does a great job, and I'm sure we'll be able to release Delta II this year. :) But I'm glad that there's some interest on this! :)

Glad to read it! I hope, it'll be pretty balanced:)

Hi, we won't be able to release Delta II this year, but at least I have the game config stuff done now, so it works pretty well with raidernick's US Probes.:) YANFRET is making some really nice textures, 1st stage is finished, but I don't know in how far this will change, so I won't put any pictures here. But it looks fantastic!

Also, may I present you the Atlas V Centaur upper stage:

I hope you like it!

Any news on the Delta II yet?
Javascript is disabled. View full album

This is what it looks like so far. Last tweaks to the configs were made, its not overpowered and not underpowered, it lifts a ~0.6t spacecraft to a mun transfer trajectorie, which is a good result, if you take the real performance of the Delta II and scale it down to 64%. :) It works perfectly with Raidernicks US Probes Pack, you can see I used his Dawn Spacecraft as Payload. Turntable is working with Infernal Robotics, I'll see if I can avoid to use it, raidernick told me that it's a little..buggy, I'll see what I can do there. However, the config stuff is finished, I only need to make the emessives and custom FX, but I'll wait with that until Yanfret finished texturing, to get it look as it should. And I need to push the last 3 fairings through Unity, currently there's just the 9.5m Fairing, which you can see on the images, ingame, but this will be easy. I'll continue working now on the Atlas V, while Yanfret is finishing the textures.

I hope we can release it soon, you guys really waited a long time for it!

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

• 3 weeks later...

@AppleDavidJeans: No, the rocket won't be a "giant" rocket, a 1.25m fuel tank fits barely inside the fairings. And with 9.5m Fairing is meant that the fairing is 9.5m high, have a look on some Delta II data sheets for more info. ;) But I'll make all fairings ever flown on Delta II, but they won't be in the first release, as it would take much additional time to get them completely working.

As for a release, I have now got everything working and almost ready for the release. I'll revise the booster decoupler, send the files over to Dragon01 for a last test and then...finally, after a whole bunch of time we'll have a release! :party: Here are some screenshots of the latest progress. The biggest job in the last days was to make the RS-27A seperate from the Tank, and work out the engine itself, because it was hidden in the tank before but Dragon said it would be better if it was seperate. Here are the images. Expect a release next week, probably around wednesday or so.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Greetings, Kartoffelkuchen

Alright, Version 3 has been released!

Changelog

• Added Delta II (at least partly, more extensions for Delta II to come)

• Fixed Falcon 1 (Textures, configs, size)

Thanks to YANFRET, who made the fantastic textures for the Delta II, and also to Dragon01, for supporting the development, and for offering many reference things while I was working on the models!

And thanks to you guys for supporting me here!:)

Next up will be the Delta I. You can Have a look at the Delta family article in Wikipedia for more infos on it.. ;) But first we'll finish delta II in all it's different versions, Fairings, Boosters etc. After we have done Delta I, we go forwatd to Delta III (here again: we can use many already existing parts), and then over to Delta IV family. Here we can use the upper stage from the Delta III, with some small modifications. You probably see already, we can do much part & texture sharing there, which really should lower the memory use, for that what you get.

Also, not to forget the Atlas V, the model is almost finished already, and just needs to be textured. :) Oh, and also, Dragon01 will make a RSS/RO version for the rockets. ;)

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

It doesn't match Stock size because I've modelled it 1:1, because this pack is a replica pack and should be as first priority good to play with RSS. Modelling it 1:1 makes things easier, because you only have to scale down the size for normal KSP. And also, it should be compatible with US Probes, and they are also 64% of the real probe size. Many other mods are using the same scale, and this does so too. But I'm glad you like it! :)

Things I noticed during playing with this pack:

1. Parts are scattered around the pages of the editor, haven't tried sorting by agency yet.

2. Delta II 7940 Subassembly has no top attachment point, had to build from scratch.

Suggestion: combine the GSA with the Launchers pack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.