[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

@DarthVader:

1. You can sort the parts by agency, all parts have one agency set.

2. Hm, I'll look at that, and reupload the craft file if needed.

For your suggestion: It's not planned to combine both packs, since GSA is actually only made of people from Germany, ok, I'm from Germany too, but YANFRET for example not. Also, GSA should be more a fun-to-play-with mod, based on real rockets, but adapted to go with Stock KSP. And since this is more a replica pack, I wouldn't combine both. ;)

Yeah, use them if you want to, but it has *only* Atlas V Parts. Also, the quality, let's say it nice, may not be the best (At least from the side of the textures). I don't want to be bad to Baha, since I can't do good textures myself. ;)

And I like to do things myself, you know? :) And I think I'm getting better with every model I make (Just compare Falcon 1 with Delta II, or look at my posts where I show models of new stuff). ;)

If I wanted to use MechJeb with the Delta II, how should I set up my ascent profile?

The best profile I've found during testing is. 0.5km turn start, 70km turn end, 40 degree turn angle(this is the default), final orbital height of 80km. This will get any reasonably sized payload into lko using minimal upper stage fuel.

For a heavier payload use a 64 degree turn angle.

Edited by raidernick

Did some more playtesting:

figured out how to attach third stage to second stage (turn table)

boosters still will not decouple, possibly because of an issue with the collision mesh (I have seen this problem in other threads, so this might be it).

Props for a fantastic mod! Falcon 1 is great!

Thanks for your interest guys! I've figured out how to render things in Blender, so here are some renders of what will come in version 3.1:

Castor 4A

25hFBVi.png

New Star 48B model:

8JEJuVt.png

Star 37FM:

O9PRAjC.png

Also, you can expect the 10' Payload Fairings (10, 10C, 10L), the 8m Fairing, RS-27 engine (used on Delta 6000), GEM-46 and GEM-46 Air lit (used on Delta 792x Heavy version). And I've added some nice renders of the Delta 7920 on the front page ;)

The rocket performance changed now also, in the upcoming release we'll offer a "Standart"-version for use with Stock, which makes the rocket as big as they are in real life, which allows for players who want to use the rockets more for their own purposes, and not in such a realistic way, to transport up to 2.5m payloads with Delta II. The performance is also a bit better than the performance of real Delta II, the 7920 version can lift up to 7t to LKO instead of 5.1t, which makes it a better use. And then, we'll offer a Module Manager config file for Stock game players who want it a bit more realistic. This version is downscaled to go along with raidernick's US Probes package, and not only the size is smaller, also the performance is scaled to 64% of the real Delta, to fit with US Probes. A Delta II 7920 can launch now only 3.264t to LKO instead of 5.1t. :)

And we'll also offer support for Smokescreen for more realistic FX and Engine ignitor.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

• 3 weeks later...

Took the Delta II 7420 on a test run today, worked fine to put a OCO2 replica into a polar orbit. Fixed the subassemblies (put them into regular craft file folder, then saved those as sub assemblies with one fairing half removed to get to the payload adapter top port). Eagerly awaiting an update!.

No, it's not compatible yet. We'll offer an RSS/RO Module Manager file soon (not with the next release!), but until then it's not compatible, sorry. :(

The new update is coming along nicely, I just have to make configs for the rescaled version, and a Manual, and then we can release it! :) We (Dragon01 and me) are targeting a release for Monday, which will include:

-Delta 6000 (RS-27 engine, 10 Fairing, Castor 4A SRM's)

- DPAF'S (Dual Payload Attach Fittings, which allows to lift two satellites up in one launch)

- GEM-46 SRM's (For the Delta 7x2x Heavy)

- New models for Star 48B and Star 37FM

- New Turntable model

- New 3rd Stage decoupler model

- Adapted Avionics Model

- Fixed EELTT colliders, now you can attach boosters which you don't have to angle in the right position before launching)

- Fixed Booster Decouplers, now they attach in a proper way, due to a cfg mistake

- All thrustTransform's are now pointed correctly, they were all pointing straight down, due to some issues I had when I was testing them with angled transforms. The angled ttansforms now allow asymmetrical attachments of the Boosters, like on Delta 6000, 5 Ground lit and 4 air lit motors.

- New Part descriptions

- Smokescreen is now required for proper FX (FX is from Hotrockets)

- Engine Ignitor support

- New Sounds from KWRocketry

Thanks to Dragon01 for his help and support, I don't know what I'd do here without him. :)

If I am running into no issues then you'll have the update on monday guys. :)

A note on Atlas V: Fr3aKyHDx, who should texture it, hasn't got time for it anymore. That means that the Atlas is now on the backburner, until we find a person who can help us texturing, because I can't texture it alone. ;)

Hi guys, I'm happy to say that Version 3.1 was relased! :)

Here's the changelog:

NEW

>Added GEM-46 SRM's

>Added 8foot Payload Fairing

>Added 10foot Payload Fairing

>Added 10foot Composite Payload Fairing

>Added 10foot Composite Long Payload Fairing

>Castor 4A >SRM's

>RS-27 engine

>Castor Booster Decouplers

>New Turntable Model

>New Model's for Star 48B and Star 37FM

>New 3rd Stage Decoupler Model

>Added mission logos for EELTT

>SmokeScreen is now required for proper FX, FX is by HotRockets

>New Sounds from KWRocketry

>Engine Ignitor Support

FIXES

>Booster Decouplers attach now properly, no rotation needed anymore

>Adapted Guidance/Avionics module Model, to fit with the new Turntable

>Removed missing faces on the bottom of the Interstage Decoupler

>All thrustTransform are now pointing in the right direction, this allows asymmetrical booster variations like on Delta 69xx

>All gimballing engines have now a gimbal animation

You can find the downloads on the first page!:)

Thanks to Dragon01 for supporting the development and helping me out with Configs and all that things, you are fantastic! :)

ZsQmdUV.png

OK, we changed our update plan a bit: Atlas V will come in the next update, then Delta III and IV, and finally the early Delta's. Here are some Atlas V teasers:

UMTIyR9.pngNbzvJHD.pngbTidfDr.pngqIHTKfR.pngJ5l9yx1.pngqn7tnzF.png

Common Core Booster is finished, but the other parts still need some work. The Fairing and Centaur textures are only mockups, to see how it will look like when everything comes together. I hope you'll like it. :)

These look really great, it's great to see someone finally giving some love to ULA's fleet :)

Delta IV next? With your quality of modelling and texturing, I'd love to see what you could do with a Delta IV Heavy

@samcar304: Yes, the 5xx version will also be done, I just started out with the 4xx version. :) You'll get everything for a complete Atlas V pack. :)

@MeCripp: I have made two // before the "PART" definition, to make sure that the Game doesn't load those parts, because I've had some crazy issues with it, where the Kraken comes to visit you etc. So I disabled them first, and also, I think that the quality of those was a bit too small. :| But if you want to give them a try, delete the two // on top of the part.cfg of the DPAF's and you should be fine. :)

@MDBenson:No, Delta III is next, we can reuse many of the existing parts for it (Verniers, RS-27A, 1st stage fuel tank), which makes it easier to make. After Delta III is done, I'll go over to Delta IV, DIII and DIV will be probably released together, so once Atlas V is out it could take some time until the next update comes, but that's still in the stars right now. And thanks for your compliment, although not all textures are by me, Fr3aKyHDx helped me out with the engine textures and I took over some of his textures for CCB, although they are heavily modified by me.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Well that makes sense, Delta III and IV Medium (4m) share an upper stage, and the Delta IV 5M upper stage is just an expanded version IIRC. Yay for German efficiency ;)

You are doing great work, keep it up! :)

New Delta II additions are absolutely awesome and thank you so much for releasing in a 1:1 scale, makes RSS/RO type configs so easy to make.

Looking forward to the Atlas V series stuff! I know no 2 engine Centaur stages have flown yet, but they are in the launch schedule, I'm assuming that will be an option. Possibly along with the RL-10A series and the now used RL-10C.

I'm also hopign that 'reuse the 1st stage Delta II for Delta III' means modify the DII stage heavily to use as part of the DIII stage.

Edited by StoryMusgrave

I'm also hopign that 'reuse the 1st stage Delta II for Delta III' means modify the DII stage heavily to use as part of the DIII stage.
First, thanks for your kind words! :wink: Yes of course, I won't just rescale it, don't worry. With "Using the DII 1st Stage Tank on DIII" I meant that the model can be reused, but has to be modified heavily. Also, I will be able to reuse parts of the textures, which makes the whole process shorter and easier to manage. :)

NOTE FOR USERS WHO USE VERSION 3.1:

MeCripp reported that he had some game crashes when using this pack. If you also encounter this problem (with this pack installed of course), you have two options to solve this problem:

Option 1

• Go to "GameData/Launchers Pack/Rockets/Delta II/DPAF"
  • Open the "advancedDPAFassembly" part config with an editor of your choice
  • The cfg starts with //PART. Now you have to remove the two // before the PART
  • Save the config file
  • Make the same with the "lowerDPAFassembly " and "upperDPAFassembly"

Option 2

• Go to "GameData/Launchers Pack/Rockets/Delta II/DPAF"
  • Remove the following files:
  • advancedDPAFassembly.cfg
  • advanceDPAFassembly.png
  • advancedDPAFassembly.mu

• lowerDPAFassembly.cfg
  • lowerDPAFassembly.mu
  • lowerDPAFassembly.png
  • upperDPAFassembly.cfg
  • upperDPAFassembly.mu
  • upperDPAFassembly.png
  • This also spares a tiny bit of memory ;)

If you are not encountering this issue, perfect! :)

Thanks for developing this, it is outstanding!

I had a few crashes with it, so I uninstalled another mod I don't use lol to free up space for this.

Can't wait for that Atlas, and it looks like your Delta IV's are going to have awesome textures as well

Whoa, I'm so happy about all this positive Feedback! :blush::) Atlas V is now ingame and (almost) properly working, it is even balanced, I thought I'd have to experiment with the configs and stats a bit more, but it looked like that I got everything as it should be on the first try, yay! :cool: Here images, and also renders of the new Centaur:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'll be now working on the 5m Fairing parts and adapters, and on the SRB's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.