[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

The huge ball of pixel smoke at around 10,000 don't look like flames and your still in the Atmosphere.

EDIT- They start to expand right after you launch you can see them start to get big and at 10,000 there maxed thats not real at all.

EDIT- HotRockets got better expansion plume effects.

EDIT- But you have some Great Looking Parts.

Edited by Mecripp2

The huge ball of pixel smoke at around 10,000 don't look like flames and your still in the Atmosphere.

EDIT- They start to expand right after you launch you can see them start to get big and at 10,000 there maxed thats not real at all.

EDIT- HotRockets got better expansion plume effects.

EDIT- But you have some Great Looking Parts.

Wow I was literally about to post a comment about those things.

P1AjM4H.png

For the people that use the so called RealPlume in Realism overhaul and then there some that use the HotRockets expansion plume and then there some the don't use ether.

Whats Realism overhaul got to do with this anyway ? That don't make it real.

OK guys, all problems solved, I've made a small mistake in the part.cfg ;). I've also reconfigured much, especially the Centaur. I've drcreased the thrust from 100kn for the RL-10 A4-2 to 60ln. This allows some more realistic mission profiles. The Centaur (SEC) can burn up to 6min, 10s, an orbital insertion of an Atlas V 551 with 19t max payload takes now about 6min 45s, you don't have to shutdown or restart the engine. You have to pitch up pretty much when you launch heavy payloads to prevent from falling back to Kerbin, but ULA does the same with its Centaur. I can confirm, for an efficient Orbital insertion of heavy payllads you'll also get a DEC engine Centaur, whose job it is to launch heavy payloads efficiently to LKO. :)

For the people that use the so called RealPlume in Realism overhaul and then there some that use the HotRockets expansion plume and then there some the don't use ether.

Whats Realism overhaul got to do with this anyway ? That don't make it real.

it doesn't, i am simply stating that it looks just like the plumes in realplumes. (which i agree isnt realistic at all)

Awesome mod!!! I just foud this thread today, and its awesome. I can't wait for the Atlas V, I've been looking everywhere for a good Atlas V mod. On a separate note, I noticed something missing from the Atlas V 5xx. If you look at this video of an Atlas V 501 launch: https://youtu.be/chL1d9vWaWM?t=4m42s you can see just after farring separation, there is some sort of structure between the top of the centaur and the inside farring walls. This is probbably a completely insignificant detail, and it is entirely up to you if you want to add it. I just thought I'd mention it in case you want to add it. I for one would like to see it in the mod, just because I'm a fan of over the top detail.

Thanks again for such an awsome mod.

No, currently there's no real RSS config except for the two posted on the page before. But Draon is working on it, and should be finished soon with it. Also, he fixed now the too fast and overexpanding RS-27 and RS-27A flame, and Falcon 1 also has its own FX now. :)

From my side, I still have to do some changes to the model, I got a bit blocked by school stuff this and the past week, but now that I have holidays things should and will change. ;)

We are getting ready for an alpha release of the Atlas V. :) Also, I'm starting to look at the Delta IV Users Manual, and to filter important information out from it. So that means when Atlas V is out I'll start directly working on Delta IV. :)

Great news! the current AV mod made by Chimer4 is broken in .90, this also gives raidernick some incentive to make AV payloads (other than TDRS).

I can give out surce files for the fairing texture, and may also include some fairing textures with logos on from launches like Curiosity or so Budgie, thanks for reminding me on this, I planned this earlier but forgot it sonehow again. :)

Oh and if we are already at the point customizable textures, some of you maybe noticed this, some others not, there are a few textures with different mission logos for Delta II's EELTT, you may want to have a look in the GameData/Launchers Pack/Rockets/Delta II/EELTT folder. Maybe I should have pointed that out a bit more. ;)

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.