[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

Got something for ya guys

1G2tSvz.png

eVMj2bh.png

I wanted to show off some more images of it, also with removed skirt, but it was already very hard to take those **screenshots** of it! Originally I wanted to render something, but it just keeps crashing. And even without the want to render this, only screenshotting is hard, it crashed at last 3 or 4 times before I was able to take those two images!

I am using the "Mask" Tool for now, which hides the parts where I apply that modifier, in order to work on this. I will need to have an individual scene for every part now which I make for this, otherwise it will just keep crashing. My laptop is just too weak for things like this, I am doing all this stuff on a Lenovo Thinkpad E531, but with upgraded RAM (12GB). I'll really need a new one, even if this thing is not old at all.

OOO, OOO, OOO. I know what THAT is:)

Yeah.

As I said, I really need to figure out how I should continue, splitting every part of it up in a different scene would be a solution, but an annoying one. Maybe I've overdone it a bit. I don't know, but I wanted to make that thing highly realistic...

"Roger, 0-G and I feel fine"

Exactly, that one. Though I will concentrate on Atlas II first, and then on that Mercury, Agena and whatsoever-stuff.

Maybe make the whole thing as a basic model, then split it up to do details??? But what do I know.

That would be an option too, but sometimes those details go into the main model, like you see at the skirt, and then it gets difficult. I have to deal with this somehow, I am optimistic that I'll get everything working, somehow. ;)

Anyway, I am going to play Kerbal now, recreating a nice Falcon 9 (1.2) plus RTLS.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Yeha!

http://i.imgur.com/JHRZ1jh.png

http://i.imgur.com/VbHGOsH.png

http://i.imgur.com/6FCcB03.png

This was the fastest development phase I've ever had. I worked much more efficient than the last times, ok, I didn't have to make the upper stage, noonespecial will do that, but anyway, all in all it took me only 2 days to get this done. Pretty cool eh? ;)

It looks amazing buddy! :D I will discontinue mine immediately. Any predictions as to when you will release it?

I don't think it comes from the engine flame mahboi18. You have probably enavled Aero FX, and with all the dmodelled details on Falcon 1 things are getting slow. I've removed those details and packed them on the normal map for the next update, so that should be fixed. It also decreases the overall sige of the model. Merlin engine is retextured and now supports (I recommend) Texture Replacer, to give it a shiny, reflective, realistic look. :)

Thank you all for the very positive ferdback! :]

@liquid: I can't really say, I'll get the DCSS from noonespecial, but he's not finished yet with it. I can get all my things done by the end of this week, and once I got the stage it should only take one or two more days.

I've made a provisional solution for our DCSS problem, I've made my own one. Nothing special, very basic stuff.

2dQbhKj.png

The engine model is from noonespecial, I just made the extension. Release now as soon as possible, the DCSS will be of course replaced with the one from noonespecial when he releases his.

Nice :) Did you animate the nozzle skirt extention? If so, you could use BDAnimationModules in order to have the skirt auto-extend once the engine is ignited. That is what I did for my new RL10-B-2 model, as well as for the new Vinci engine.

Hey guys, been productive again and completely remade the DCSS:

(Yes, Sketchfab has some problems with the model, which are not existent in Blender)

The model is UV unwrapped now, and I will try to throw some good textures on it now! ;) The DCSS is much more modular in comparison to my last one, LOX tank, Truss section, grid, RCS and LH2 Tank are now seperated, which should also make balancing a bit easier, especially correct masses. It also includes a fully functional flight computer model now, witch wiring etc, which will be its own part and have kOS and RemoteTech support. If there's anything else a flight computer needs to have plugin-wise, let me know and I'll add it to the list!

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Hey guys, been productive again and completely remade the DCSS:

(Yes, Sketchfab has some problems with the model, which are not existent in Blender)

The model is UV unwrapped now, and I will try to throw some good textures on it now! ;)

Kartoffelkuchen + weekend = amazingness! :D Lookin' really good buddy!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.