[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

OK, came up with a rough schedule now. Delta III should be released Sunday (NOT this Sunday, next week Sunday!), and Falcon 9 something like 2 weeks after D3. Then comes Delta IV and Atlas II and III, including a new Centaur for Atlas V. Then more SpaceX stuff (Falcon 9 1.1/1.2, Heavy, Dragon maybe?). This is a long-term schedule, note that please.

For D3 release, I'll still need to redo LR-101s, and a bit of RS-27A work. Sadly, holidays will be over now for me. :(

I actually am planning to make all the Orbital/ATK rockets. I already have Pegasus basically done :)

Glad to hear that! :D Orbital rockets seem to be neglected as mods, so its nice someone is finally working on them. Do you have any pics of the pegasus?

Yeah, but the images I saw showed the vehicle mostly from the outside, and I was especially interested in the inside of the Payload fairing with the Star 48BV and Star 37FM structure, and found no real image. If you have anything, please post it!

I believe you are really waiting for D3, your name says all. :D

Well, I only made Minotaur V because someone suggested it and I felt like doing it. Minotaur C looks nice too, but there are already so many different versions of that rocket...(stretched boosters, widened PLF etc), probably too much for next weeks update. :/ I'll see what I can do though! ;)

I think you could look at Orbiter 2010. The Orbiter Minotaur 5 with LADEE (orbithangar.com) has some models of the upper stages. Also, I think b14643.de has some pictures of Star 48 and 37FM upper stages.

And yes, I am waiting for the Delta III! Absolutely can't wait for its release! :D

For the Minotaur C, I recommend the 3210 version. search?q=ROCSAT+2+launch&biw=1280&bih=563&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAkQ_AUoBGoVChMIwYONyMfKyAIVxMk-Ch1M9AMf#imgrc=5HgW-f4Ntia7qM%3A

I found this video of LADEE's launch animation on the Minotaur V:

It shows the 4th stage Star 48BV and 5th stage Star 37FM structure along with the turntable.

That is the only thing I found that shows the 4th and 5th stages in action. Hopefully it helps a bit!

The Minotaur V is a five stage version of the Minotaur IV. The first three stages were formally used with the Peacekeeper (MX) ballistic missile.

The first Minotaur V mission sucessfully placed the LADEE spacecraft into orbit. The launch took place on 6 September 2013 from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia.

Minotaur_V_Stages.jpg

Minotaur 5 rocket stages.

Minotaur V Rocket Stages

First Stage

First stage of the Minotaur V is an SR-118 solid rocket motor.

Second Stage

Second stage is a refurbished SR-119 motor.

Third Stage

An SR-120 motor serves as third stage.

Fourth Stage

Fourth stage is a STAR 48BV solid rocket motor.

Fifth Stage

The rockets fifth stage is a STAR 37FM solid rocket motor.

- - - Updated - - -

0.jpg

OK, I will do those. Not in this update, but hopefully in the next one, ok?

So, after quiete a bit of work, I got this (Sketchfab model to come, it processes right now) :

http://i.imgur.com/cfJsIZB.png

http://i.imgur.com/OtT4yLO.png

http://i.imgur.com/GtiyFx6.png

I am really happy with it, you too guys? ;) Just need to get it through Unity now, and a bit of config stuff. :)

Looks great!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.