[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

Probably by design rather than coincidence, but DECQ's Crew Dragon fits like a glove on top of the falcon from this pack. Also pushing radial out after sep allows the boostback to go really up so you can put the crew dragon and RTLS the stage in real time without FMRS. Takes a bit more fuel, but with a 3 engine hoverslam controlled by MechJeb landing guidance lets the landing burn be done with only 300-500 LF.

Dragon Crew:https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwf20bfs6gj0f6n/Dragon Crew.craft?dl=0

Red Dragon:https://www.dropbox.com/s/tovv3ojcbsnlaxn/Red Dragon.craft?dl=0

Both crafts require KK launchers pack spacex pack and DECQ's dragon 2 mod. Might make versions with the spacex launch towers mod if requested. @DEC@Dragon01@Kartoffelkuchen if you want to include either (or both) of these craft files in your mod's downloads, please do. Just credit me in your OP.

Edited by DarthVader

2 hours ago, DarthVader said:

Probably by design rather than coincidence, but DECQ's Crew Dragon fits like a glove on top of the falcon from this pack. Also pushing radial out after sep allows the boostback to go really up so you can put the crew dragon and RTLS the stage in real time without FMRS. Takes a bit more fuel, but with a 3 engine hoverslam controlled by MechJeb landing guidance lets the landing burn be done with only 300-500 LF.

Dragon Crew:https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwf20bfs6gj0f6n/Dragon Crew.craft?dl=0

Red Dragon:https://www.dropbox.com/s/tovv3ojcbsnlaxn/Red Dragon.craft?dl=0

Both crafts require KK launchers pack spacex pack and DECQ's dragon 2 mod. Might make versions with the spacex launch towers mod if requested. @DEC@Dragon01@Kartoffelkuchen if you want to include either (or both) of these craft files in your mod's downloads, please do. Just credit me in your OP.

Thank you very much for these! :) I will include them in the next update! :wink:

BTW @DECQ

12 hours ago, Hysterrics said:

Hey! I know you're working on a lot of things, but have you thought of modelling this into the F9 Interstage, if possible?

BwzcYyO.png

Yes, I did. :)

http://i.imgur.com/jKgqvJN.png

b8GYcdI.png

I also finally changed the inside of the interstage to white as the real one as you can see. I would love to release this all already, but the firespitter problem is really annoying and I want it to be working properly for the release. :/

(See here)

34 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

What is that..?

It's the interstage pusher-rod that literally pushes on the nozzle manifold in order to increase the separation distance between the upper stage and first stage for a quicker 1st stage boostback procedure. I spent a lot of time reading about it the other day. Interesting stuff actually.

8 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

It's the Center pusher, introduced on the Falcon 9 Full Thrust, making stage seperation more reliable by supporting the other three you can see on the outside of the interstage.

6 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

It's the interstage pusher-rod that literally pushes on the nozzle manifold in order to increase the separation distance between the upper stage and first stage for a quicker 1st stage boostback procedure. I spent a lot of time reading about it the other day. Interesting stuff actually.

For when Ullage/retro motors aren't enough. :P

Just a suggestion for the next version of the mod: Add hullcam and JSI cameras to the second stage engine so someone can get footage from the interstage. It should be possible by adding a MM config that adds the cameras in a certain position.

Also, you could change the config for fairings so it uses 'ModuleDecouple' and have another MM config that, when Old School Fairings is installed, changes it back to 'ModuleFairingDecoupler'. This would then make it compatable with Old School Fairings, FAR and NEAR.

Edited by Wardstone111

15 hours ago, Wardstone111 said:

Just a suggestion for the next version of the mod: Add hullcam and JSI cameras to the second stage engine so someone can get footage from the interstage. It should be possible by adding a MM config that adds the cameras in a certain position.

Also, you could change the config for fairings so it uses 'ModuleDecouple' and have another MM config that, when Old School Fairings is installed, changes it back to 'ModuleFairingDecoupler'. This would then make it compatable with Old School Fairings, FAR and NEAR.

That's possible with just a structural part and a camera. I mean, I guess it could be added but should be an extra included on the forum page as to not add another dependency. 

2 hours ago, Hysterrics said:

That's possible with just a structural part and a camera. I mean, I guess it could be added but should be an extra included on the forum page as to not add another dependency. 

I have done a small amount of modding and Module Manager can be used so that it is only used if the mod is installed as well as the fact that if there is an invalid module in a config, it is simply ignored (I discovered this when updating British Rockets so it could run in 1.1.)

10 minutes ago, Neil_Kerman said:

Does the Atlas launch vehicle pack works with ksp v1.1.3?

Yes, it does. 

@HysterricsOK, I'll try to get in touch with him. :)

@Wildcat111 thats a very strange issue I havent heard of before. Maybe you could try a reinstall first, and then send me a log, maybe i find something.

@Wardstone111 Neat idea, will see what I can do! :)

Hey, I'm trying to launch a tiny sattelite on an Atlas V411 but for some reason it keeps spinning out of control. No matter how hard I try it always flips over eventually. It's a lot of work flying it in the first place since it does not stay on course at all. I got the OSFairings mod. Anything i'm doing wrong? I tried with RCS, adding multiple SAS units but its always the same problem. The flipping occurs both with the booster attached and after I staged it. I didn't fly all the versions but the 421 and 551 worked fine. I'm using the smallest fairing for the 4 series

Edit: I switched to the longest fairings and the rocket did not flip. Smallest fairings are the cause I think

Edited by hipy

Uploaded a small update for Atlas pack

Hey guys, I've just uploaded a small fix for some issues with Atlas V. Nothing new, just some small adjustments. Be warned though that I will not work on the Atlas V any further, since my friend @EJ_SA has been working on a new, much better Atlas for the upcoming ULA pack. It might be very possible however that some parts of it will get a revamp, simply because I will start working on the older Atlases, and there's a big part communality in between those (Payload fairings for example).

You can get the update here: http://spacedock.info/mod/632/Atlas Pack

@hipy I wasn't able to reproduce your issue, but maybe it's fixed now with this update. Otherwise, it might require some training to get an Atlas V 411 properly into orbit, it likes to rotate and move away from prograde vector while the SRB is burning.

@Delta_8930 Have you seen the Osiris-Rex launch? Horizontal movement is super-normal for that one, it's just ridicolous! :D

I originally wanted to release the updated version of my SpaceX pack the same time as this, but I am still working on the legs right now, so please be patient, although it shouldn't take too long any more. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.