[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

8 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Can i know what's in the pack? 

*PS: Never mind, it might going to ruin the element of surprise ^_^

If you don't mind me ruining it, I know there will be the active and future launchers, AKA, Atlas V, Delta II (maybe?), Delta IV, and Vulcan. Can't see them having any other older launchers as they weren't technically under ULA.

1 hour ago, ReventonHawx said:

If you don't mind me ruining it, I know there will be the active and future launchers, AKA, Atlas V, Delta II (maybe?), Delta IV, and Vulcan. Can't see them having any other older launchers as they weren't technically under ULA.

Yes seeing as how it is a "ULA" pack, it would stand to reason that only rockets that were built by the major companies after the conglomerate was formed would be in the pack because if not then it would not be a "ULA" pack. ULA doesn't have many rockets, so it's not that hard to guess what's in it, especially since EJ has already shown it on stream several times.

Edited by raidernick

Well, i mean will all ULA collection Delta's, Atlas and the future Vulcan-ACES? I'm not really satisfied with my D.I.Y Delta II though :lol:. Also@Kartoffelkuchen will there any possibility that you will continue the Delta III launcher too? (Though it wasn't ULA's launcher) 

Edited by AlphaKerman

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! :wink:

Man that was incredible! Absolutely incredible!

it's great they provided "engineering renders", especially of raptor, makes my life so much easier! I'm gonna start with Raptor now and then move onward to the ITS booster and finally the lander. 

expected development time: about 2 months (everything), I think about 2 weeks for raptor. Let's hope I'll be better at Meeting timelines than SpaceX (FH *cough*)

31 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Full Thrust ahead!

-picture-

If I get this Raptor done quickly, it might take not more than a month until I'm done with ITS... we'll see.. :)

@Virtual I think you could do so, maybe I'll make a  custom pad where you can "land in".. yeah I will have to check that

That looks awesome and sounds good. Good luck. :)

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 4:31 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Full Thrust ahead!

R6xXm61.png

If I get this Raptor done quickly, it might take not more than a month until I'm done with ITS... we'll see.. :)

@Virtual I think you could do so, maybe I'll make a  custom pad where you can "land in".. yeah I will have to check that

Spectacular job KK!!

2 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Full Thrust ahead!

R6xXm61.png

Any chance of a modified raptor for the proposed Falcon Heavy upper stage upgrade?

@MajorLeaugeRocketScience Can't say yet. Unlikely, but maybe.

Progress! Day 3 in development of the Raptor!

http://i.imgur.com/Fu23DMd.png

Honestly I really like how it's coming together. :)

Keep in mind that I will not go full detail mode as of right now, because we haven't seen any real images of it so far, and I don't want to waste too much time on details and things which are there on a computer render but not in real life, so yeah.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Better reason not to put too much detail in into it: 

Raptors turbomachinery is contained within a casing. The render that SpaceX showed clearly just has half of the cover shell removed. In flight, obviously, it will be fully covered. The main ITS CAD model makes this clear. 

36 minutes ago, saabstory88 said:

Better reason not to put too much detail in into it: 

Raptors turbomachinery is contained within a casing. The render that SpaceX showed clearly just has half of the cover shell removed. In flight, obviously, it will be fully covered. The main ITS CAD model makes this clear. 

I've also seen that, you can see it well on this image:

QufMD8G.png

However I like to do this, I am not a fan of just saying "well, there's a cover above it, so I won't model it". Sure, it subtracts from game performance, but there definetely are parts where you can see underneath that cover, and I think it's cooler to have some "actual" components showing in there instead of "fake" ones. :)

I'm at 52k tris right now, which is pretty good in my eyes.

@Doc-Zer0G Thank you! :) Yeah I'm trying to get this all done as quickly as possible. :)

OK, Raptor (SL) done.

UJ0gchl.png

I spent very little time on actually unwrapping and texturing this thing, since as I already said, we only have a render right now, and I don't want to reunwrap and retexture it everytime something new is published, so yeah, UVing and texturing is the most annoying process of this all.

I'll quickly work on Raptor Vac. now, and then move on to the ICT Booster.

Raptor Vacuum is done too, and is also working in KSP!

http://i.imgur.com/pmICWVF.png

Comparison of the two versions, the left one with the sea level nozzle (expansion ratio of 40) for the booster and right one for the ship with an expansion ratio of 200. Sorry for the many images lol. I'm just super hyped heh.. :P

Now on to the booster :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.