[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

On ‎21‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 3:54 PM, redmonddkgamer said:

Are you going to make the Atlas II and the other, earlier Atlas rockets?

MERvoDI.png

Yes, got something in work.

I actually got so many things in work, in an unfinished state (Atlases, some early Delta's, Indian Launchers, Ariane 4, Falcon 5, Delta III (revamped)...) I don't really know what to work on. I guess I'll just work on what I want to work on, I didn't have much motivation in the past to really work on this, but I am going to come back to this with the new year now. So excuse me for not posting anything new here recently. :wink:

8 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

MERvoDI.png

Yes, got something in work.

I actually got so many things in work, in an unfinished state (Atlases, some early Delta's, Indian Launchers, Ariane 4, Falcon 5, Delta III (revamped)...) I don't really know what to work on. I guess I'll just work on what I want to work on, I didn't have much motivation in the past to really work on this, but I am going to come back to this with the new year now. So excuse me for not posting anything new here recently. :wink:

Nice! Thanks for showing off the model, it looks really nice. I do have something to report, though. I am trying to use the Atlas fairings, I tried it with all of them, and they don't seem to separate. Am I doing something wrong with construction/staging, or is it a bug?

On 27/12/2016 at 6:28 PM, Redneck said:

Anybody else having problems with the Strongback clamps releasing the F9 and causing crashes and bounching off strongback and stuff? in the launchers pack? 

Yep; I'm yet to be able to launch anything with any of the launch towers in this pack... :/

EDIT: my derp. The strongback/launch towers are from a different mod, this one - not from the Launchers Pack mod. Looks like that's no longer being worked on, though; the last comment was from September...

Edited by DavidHunter

7 hours ago, damonvv said:

Does the Landing Zone 1 (LZ-1) work with Kerbal Konstructs? And if not, are you planning on supporting it?

No, it's a ship which you can move & all. Somebody once threw a config out here to make it use Kerbal Konstructs, but I'm not sure if that is still working.

8 hours ago, damonvv said:

I must say, thank you @Kartoffelkuchen for the part and @Nhawks17 for the config!

http://imgur.com/gallery/6yc8N

This is what I love about KSP, with this awesome community of modders. And even more when you can combine a few mods to make it even more awesome :D

Nice! Though, not a bullseye..you can do better :P

27 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

Does the Atlas Pack work in 1.2.2?

I wouldn't bet on it. You should give it a go, maybe it works, maybe there are some issues. Generally speaking, since there were no breaking changes between 1.1 and 1.2 (?), I guess it should be working, try it out and let me know! :) I wasn't planning on updating that, or at least the Atlas V in it though, since a new, better one will come with the ULA pack. I won't say a release date now cause it willl turn out false anyway again, so..

Edit: Just working on the Iridium NEXT payload fairing, I am painting that one myself off of a crappy low-res copy of the one posted on twitter. Damn you Iridium for not even having your NEXT logo available (in a resonably resolution)!

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

1 hour ago, AlphaKerman said:

Cool! 

BTW,is it possible to add custom texture for the payload fairing? :rolleyes: I've try to edit in the Payload Fairing file, but not working

Yes, of course!

Check the "PayloadFairingtextures" folder, there's a "blank" one in it (It's called "yourowntexture"). Duplicate that, and edit it with a program of your choice. Then, save it under a different name, for example "mytexture". Then, you go into the "SpaceX" folder, scroll down all the way to the "SpaceX_FalconPayloadFairing.cfg" file, open that with Editor and go to the "FStextureSwitch2" MODULE.

There, you first add your texturename in the appropriate line (seperate names with ";") and then define the way your texture should appear in the GUI ingame (for example "my super cool texture"), so not necessarily the texture name.

Hope this works for you!

Hey @Kartoffelkuchen, great work on the mod! I'm using the 1.1.3 compatible version, I'm wondering if there is meant to be a particular procedure for using the Landing Zone 1 because every time I try to launch it(from either the VAB or SPH) it immediately explodes and the Flight Results show that it "collided into the surface". The debug menu shows that the craft exploded due to overheating. I don't know if there's something I'm meant to tweak in the cfg file. To elaborate, I load up the craft part in the SPH and rotate it to the correct orientation and launch(I've also tried launching without rotating where it was stable but sideways and the same problem occurred when I tried to use SAS to reorient it). Btw the ASDS works pretty well by comparison.

P.S. I edited the cfg file to add a really high temperature tolerance and it exploded because the g-force tolerance was exceeded again according to the debug menu

On ‎09‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 6:21 PM, Pkkerbal said:

How do I go by downloading this mod?

Btw its a great mod

Thanks! Just download the latest version from Spacedock, it should still work fine in KSP 1.2.2. I am going to update it soon though.

18 minutes ago, BananaTime101 said:

@Kartoffelkuchen Will you be making a video for Iridium NEXT? Really Excited For Launch. Also, nice job on that fairing texture :D

Yeah, it's already in the works. :wink:

3 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Thanks! Just download the latest version from Spacedock, it should still work fine in KSP 1.2.2. I am going to update it soon though.

Yeah, it's already in the works. :wink:

Hey @Kartoffelkuchen, sorry to nag you but whilst you're here is there anything I can do to make Landing Zone 1 work without exploding in version 1.1.3?

SpaceX Pack V.4.1 released

YlrdYTB.png

Changelog:

• Added IridiumNEXT fairing texture
  • Increased texture resolution for F9 FT first stage
  • Added antenna to ASDS & LZ-1

Download

@goldmine48 I'm sorry, but I really can't help you there I think, sorry. :/ I had a look at it, but I couldn't fix it.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

1 hour ago, Sol Invictus said:

@Kartoffelkuchen What's the status of negotiations with United Launch Alliance, if I may ask? If I remember correctly, pack was completed and supposed to be released many months ago.

Yeah, you remember correctly. They were busy with launching rockets, but they're getting the last bumps out of the way right now before the release of this, as far as I know. Really annoying for me too, believe me, that we are sitting months on a basically finished product.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.