[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

4 hours ago, SpaceOdissey said:

I had a problem @Kartoffelkuchen... It just appears the parts of the Falcon 1 and don't appeared the other parts packs. Just appears the Merlin Engine, Falcon 1 S2 tank, Falcon 1 S1 booster, Falcon landing legs, Fairings, interstage and that it's. I've don't touched the folder and I downloaded the latest version... What it's wrong??

I'll get back to you tomorrow to see if I see anything suspicious in the latest mod + KSP version.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

On ‎26‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 6:36 PM, SpaceOdissey said:

Okey!

Mh, I gave it a quick run in KSP 1.2.2 and had no issues - are you using KSP 1.2.9? If yes, I will not provide any updates for that version for now, I'll wait until it gets officially released, I'm afraid. :/ Otherwise, are you using any other mod which might cause some issues with Launchers Pack together? Maybe a log file can help..

2 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Mh, I gave it a quick run in KSP 1.2.2 and had no issues - are you using KSP 1.2.9? If yes, I will not provide any updates for that version for now, I'll wait until it gets officially released, I'm afraid. :/ Otherwise, are you using any other mod which might cause some issues with Launchers Pack together? Maybe a log file can help..

I'm using KSP 1.2.0

This isn't a major issue, but the falcon heavy save is more efficient if you have fuel pumping into the center tank via external fuel ducts from the side ones. 

I don't know if it's realistic to the IRL SpaceX plan, but it boosts Delta V by a good amount 

Still love the rockets though

On 2017/4/4 at 2:31 AM, Rainbowd4sh said:

I don't know if it's realistic to the IRL SpaceX plan, but it boosts Delta V by a good amount 

This is called crossfeed and was FH's original design. SpaceX is now put CF on hold as FH is already power enough, but they also stated that they will continue develop it if someone show up and pay for it.

On 3.4.2017 at 8:31 PM, Rainbowd4sh said:

This isn't a major issue, but the falcon heavy save is more efficient if you have fuel pumping into the center tank via external fuel ducts from the side ones. 

Still love the rockets though

Btw, what's your sig from? Looks neat.

10 hours ago, mark7 said:

This is called crossfeed and was FH's original design. SpaceX is now put CF on hold as FH is already power enough, but they also stated that they will continue develop it if someone show up and pay for it.

Thanks for explaining, didn't know putting in a crossfeed was that much money. 

2 hours ago, Temeter said:

Btw, what's your sig from? Looks neat.

If you mean the evolution gif here: http://i2.wp.com/i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7/joshawvanover/life.gif?resize=545%2C545

Edited by Rainbowd4sh
EDIT apperantly the gif is from mission to mars ending scene

I mean the original source of the gif? Looks like an older game.

=it's from the mission to mars movie (Not for sure, saw it as a comment.) 

As for the actual clip, the source is no longer available, I put the link to the closest to the source :kiss:

3 minutes ago, Rainbowd4sh said:

=it's from the mission to mars movie (Not for sure, saw it as a comment.) 

As for the actual clip, the source is no longer available, I put the link to the closest to the source :kiss:

I thought that was familiar, that's from the scene in The Face on Mars where the Martian hologram shows the astronaut how they seeded life on Earth.  Not the best movie, but good visuals for it's time.

Just now, Capt. Hunt said:

I thought that was familiar, that's from the scene in The Face on Mars where the Martian hologram shows the astronaut how they seeded life on Earth.  Not the best movie, but good visuals for it's time.

That's exactly what the comment said, so yeah

I mean the original source of the gif? Looks like an older game.

Mission to Mars has it. 

Thanks, guess I completely forgot that movie had this scene. Special effect from that period didn't age too well.

Movie itself was nice, but the ending kinda sucked. Felt like a cheap cop out.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TangoUniform71 said:

I just downloaded this and it is quite impressive, great job.  I am playing with the Falcon 1 and trying to get it into LKO using MechJeb.  About the best I can do so far is a 45k Apopsis.  Have any of you had success in getting it into orbit and how so?

Thanks.

Thanks! Unfortunately, the payload capacity to LKO also depends on the actual shape of your payload, since the initial way to make the fairings actually work was by using a plugin, which no one got to work again in KSP 1.2, god knows why, so the shape of the payload also can make a huge difference. When I was developing Falcon 1 I gave it a small margin for piloting error, not too much, but I think I should really go back to it again and give it a little performance boost..

3 hours ago, HiThere!2 said:

@Kartoffelkuchen Have you considered adding RCS, parachutes, and a probe core to the fairings as SpaceX has now recovered one?

Of course! I was hoping SpaceX would release an image of the actual parachute/foil deployed though, but it is planned.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

9 hours ago, Elon's Musk said:

Hey I'm trying to install this on my mac running 1.2.2 with no other mods and only some parts of falcon 1 are loading. Thoughts?

Log file, screenshot of what your gamedata folder looks like is what we need to diagnose the problem

On 03/05/2014 at 6:57 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

SpaceX Pack

Includes:

• Falcon 1
    • Merlin 1Ci
    • Kestrel
  • Falcon 9 1.0
    • Merlin 1C
    • Merlin 1C Vacuum
  • Falcon 9 1.1
    • Merlin 1D
    • Merlin 1D Vacuum
  • Falcon 9 Full Thrust / 1.2
    • Merlin 1D+
    • Merlin 1D Vacuum+
    • Even more powerful Merlin's than the 1D+', SpaceX wants to increase thrust of those even more
    • Different textures (Used, black legs & black octaweb, etc)
  • Falcon Heavy
    • Alternative colour sheme
  • Interplanetary Transportation System (ITS)
    • Raptor (surface, vacuum)
    • Ship
    • Booster
  • Landing Zone 1 (LZ-1)
  • Of Course I Still Love You (OCISLY) and Just Read The Instructions (JRTI)
  • Various payload fairing textures from real missions
    • ABS-3A/Eutelsat 115 West B
    • America
    • AsiaSat 6/Thaicom 7
    • CASSIOPE
    • DSCOVR
    • Orbcomm OG2
    • SES 8
    • Thaicom

http://imgur.com/a/oPiFw

Requires ---

Recommended/supportsTexture Replacer , MechJeb2 , Trajectories , 64k (solar sytem rescale mod), Firespitter (Plugin) , Launch Towers Pack

KSP Version: 1.2.1

Version: 4.0 (Released December 4, 2016)

Download: Spacedock

Realism Overhaul configs for Falcon 9 "Full Thrust" are made by user @ReventonHawx and can be downloaded here

Real Plume Configs are provided by @Hysterrics and can be found here

Atlas Pack

Includes:

• Atlas V Rocket
    • 400 & 500 series (3 Payload fairings for each version)
    • Centaur with RL-10
    • Payload interfaces (C13, C15, C22, C25, C29, A937S, B1194)

http://imgur.com/a/3qlH3

Requires Old School Fairings , BD Animation Module

Recommended Editor Extensions

KSP Version 1.1.3

Version 2.0 (Released September 9 2016)

Download SpaceDock

Realism Overhaul configs are included in the RO mod

Real Plume config provided by @Hysterrics , downloadable here

License All rights reserved

Not all the parts appear in the VAB from the kk launchers spacex mod. I downloaded it the same way as the rest of my mods.

Edited by bobcat123is
Spelling mistake

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.