[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

Yeah okay now it can be official:

Version 6 released!

Changelog:

Added Delta III

Added Minotaur V

Added Texture Replacer support (Reflections)

Added Merlin 1C

And some bugfixes, as always. ;) Download from OP (which I am changing around a bit again)

NOTE: Two issues with this release: The included Rescale config produces a loading issue with the GEM-40 Air lit. I have no idea why, maybe someone can have a look at that? I struggled with that one for almost two hours, without a solution. :|

And the other one, I am changing folder structure a bit, in order to allow texture changing. So be warned, if you install this version, remove the old one!

I concur with Cheesecake. That is one error. There are a few other issues I see.

1. Model load error in 'C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Launchers Pack\Rockets\Minotaur V\Star48BV.mu

File error:
Failed to read past end of stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read7BitEncodedInt () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A..ReadMaterial (System.IO.BinaryReader br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A..ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.. (.UrlFile ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2. In the following - GEM-46_air.cfg, GEM-46_ground.cfg, Castor4A.cfg all have a sound file being called that is not present.

sound_GEM60_engage = engage 

Should either include the sound file, or remove that line from those 3 part configurations.

3. Part "KK_DII_LR101" has a bad node attachment

Presently "node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0". Should be: "node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0" 

4. Texture load error in 'C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Launchers Pack\Rockets\SpaceX\m1c\model004.dds'. Not sure what needs to happen there, but probably minor.

5. I'd also recommend removing ModuleEngineIgnitor from your configurations because it's not up to date and RealFuels has taken over it's functionality.

6. Some more texture errors:

[LOG 12:53:00.145] Load(Model): ATK_Propulsion_Pack/GEM40SRM/GEM40
[ERR 12:53:00.155] Texture 'ATK_Propulsion_Pack/GEM40SRM/GEM40_model001_NRM' not found!
[LOG 12:53:00.157] Load(Model): ATK_Propulsion_Pack/GEM40SRM/GEM40AL
[ERR 12:53:00.173] Texture 'ATK_Propulsion_Pack/GEM40SRM/GEM40_model001_NRM' not found!
[LOG 12:53:07.169] Load(Model): Launchers Pack/Rockets/Delta/D3DCSS_LH2tank
[ERR 12:53:07.379] Texture 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/Delta/d3dcss_tex2_NRM' not found!

Edited by StoryMusgrave

I have some other issues:

[LOG 20:10:53.382] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/Atlas V/CommonCoreBooster/CCB_e/KK_AV_CommonCoreBooster_e'

[ERR 20:10:53.417] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleEngineIgnitor'

[ERR 20:10:53.419] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleGimbalActions'

[LOG 20:10:53.448] PartLoader: Part 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/Atlas V/CommonCoreBooster/CCB_e/KK_AV_CommonCoreBooster_e' has no database record. Creating.

[LOG 20:10:53.494] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'KK.AV.CommonCoreBooster.e'

[LOG 20:10:53.597] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/Atlas V/ForwardLoadReactor/ForwardLoadReactor/KK_AV_ForwardLoadReactor'

[ERR 20:10:53.605] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 20:10:53.613] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 20:10:53.617] PartLoader: Part 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/Atlas V/ForwardLoadReactor/ForwardLoadReactor/KK_AV_ForwardLoadReactor' has no database record. Creating.

[ERR 20:10:53.623] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 20:10:53.626] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'KK.AV.ForwardLoadReactor'

[LOG 20:10:53.643] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/Atlas V/PayloadInterfaces/A937/KK_AV_A937'

[LOG 20:10:54.369] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'KK.AV.CFA'

[LOG 20:10:54.391] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/Atlas V/RL-10 A4-2/RL-10_A4-2/KK_AV_RL-10_A4-2'

[ERR 20:10:54.591] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleEngineIgnitor'

[ERR 20:10:54.593] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleGimbalActions'

[LOG 20:10:54.994] PartLoader: Part 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/Atlas V/RL-10 A4-2/RL-10_A4-2/KK_AV_RL-10_A4-2' has no database record. Creating.

[LOG 20:10:55.588] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'KK.AV.RL-10.A4-2

Delta III Thor Oxidizer Tank (KK_DIII_RP1) is missing in the rescale-config.

Edited by Cheesecake

The new shiny Merlin engine looks looks really good, but am I the only one getting some really weird-sounding audio? The engine running audio seems to loop every second.

The Delta III seems to be a bit underpowered. I put a less than 1 ton payload on it and it barely had fuel to spare once in orbit. Even with 64% is should still be capable of launching different sized payloads to LKO, GTO and interplanetary. The real Delta III could get just over 8 tons to LEO, 3.8 tons to GTO and 2.7 tons to EE. Even with the 64% downscale it should still be able to get more than 1 ton into orbit with reserve dV.

Thanks for all the bug reports.

I've read through all of them now, and they are all not that important, or don't even cause any problems in KSP, it seems. Let's start:

@Cheesecake:

Ok, that one seemed to be the reason why the game was not loading, my bad.

Yes, the ModuleEngineIgnitor is just an old mod, as StoryMusgrave already mentioned, and will be removed with the next patch. I beliebe it's actually there since I started this mod. :P

Yeah, that fx group. I don't know why it comes up every time, but it doesn't do anything, so ...

And the kast one is again the ModuleEngineIgnitor thing.

Everything else seems totally ok.

Whops, my bad again, forgot to include that one. :#

@StoryMusgrave: I don't know why that .mu file is even in that folder, ignore that.

Ah yeah I remember, that was my first (failed btw) test with a custom sound. It's already long in there too, I'll remove it.

Thanks, forgot a 0.0, 0 there as you said.

Texture loading issues, I'll just ignore those. Many older parts have been compiled with a nornal texture, and most of thoose didn't need it, so I removed those. Don't mind, nothing important at all. Will be fixed anyway once older stuff will be remade again.

Yep, will do that.

@liquidhype: Oh, I thought I'd have replaced that sound with a better one. Seems like I've included the wrong one...

Well, your fligjt profile doesn't seem to be good enough then. I have no problems putting 5 or 6 tons to LKO (80×80km, 0º).

I usually fly straigjt up until passing 100m/s, then start a smooth gravity turn. When airlit boosters decouple, I usually gave the rocket at around 40-50º yaw. I increase my apoapsis to about 60km, as first stage burns out. Waiting a few seconds, ignition of second stage, then I start to point it more straight again to prevent fslling back and building up speed. As eta:ap gets higher, I point the stage at the horizon, wait until ap is about 80km, warp to ap, and then complete the orbit. I usually have about 50-120m/s delta v left, enough for an payload avoidence or reentry burn.

@Major: Strange, I have no problems. Try out the new version.

(That was a pain tipping this all on the mobile! :D :# )

ETA on the RO patch?

The guys over at the RO github page usually takes care of RO configs. They did RO configs for my vehicles without me even knowing about it. I'm sure they'll do the same with KKs stuff, unless of course he wants to do it :)

- - - Updated - - -

@liquidhype: Oh, I thought I'd have replaced that sound with a better one. Seems like I've included the wrong one...

Well, your fligjt profile doesn't seem to be good enough then. I have no problems putting 5 or 6 tons to LKO (80×80km, 0º).

I usually fly straigjt up until passing 100m/s, then start a smooth gravity turn. When airlit boosters decouple, I usually gave the rocket at around 40-50º yaw. I increase my apoapsis to about 60km, as first stage burns out. Waiting a few seconds, ignition of second stage, then I start to point it more straight again to prevent fslling back and building up speed. As eta:ap gets higher, I point the stage at the horizon, wait until ap is about 80km, warp to ap, and then complete the orbit. I usually have about 50-120m/s delta v left, enough for an payload avoidence or reentry burn.

Yup, as I said, I have not played around in stock for so many months now, so I probably fudged the ascent profile :) But man those engines looks nice with all the shiny goodness ^^

KK is already included with RO, and since this is a brand new release, it'll be a bit until they release a new version of RO with the new KK stuff in it.

Yup. Most mods are already included in RO on the Github page. It's only a matter of time until they release an update for it.

took the delta III out for a short walk to GSO with a 8.6 ton payload. froze at 26 km, ill get back to you on performance with MJ guiding ascent, but the connection between the boosters and the core was visually very wobbly but held together just fine.

Edit: freezes almost immediately now, because of my computers 1.4 gigahertz processer made of actual potatoes. looks beautiful, just wish i had a computer with performance not of something from 2005.

einmal edit: trying the Minotaur V with a replica Huges 376 to MEO, should be neat. Bad Mechjeb flipped the durn thing.

zweimal edit: removed Texture replacer and turned down the settings a bit, ill see if that fixes the lag.

dreimal edit: I'm running out of mal's (heh, deutsch pun from a sad american kid who is learning german.) but turning down the graphic settings now lets it run better.

viermal edit: mechjeb sucks, keeps tipping too far to fast.

fünfmal edit: delta III and minotaur fly like a beut, well done. the RL-10 b is not extending for me, I am probably missing something I'm not blaming your quality control.

overall: no problems that couldn't be tracked down to pilot error or overloading the rocket with too much payload, sehr Gut!

Edited by DarthVader

@DartVader, First of all: Nice post! :D

I forgot to say that it requires BDAnimation Module for engine to work, so install it and it should be ok. And of course Fepbourns Old School Fairings Plugin.

Also, raidernick has already finished the configs for D3, available on the RO Github page! THANK YOU! :]

It should be released after Falcon 9 release. Falcon 9 release is scheduled for about 2-5 weeks from now. Delta IV after Falcon 9, though I can't say anything more than Soon. ;)

Which falcon 9 1.0 or 1.1? Either would be neat, but 1.1 (or 1.2 if you can find hard stats in L2) would be best

Full Falcon 9 family is planned, the step from 1.1 to 1.2/ Full Thrust should not be that big, since it only seems to be extended tank lenghts and "uprated" engines, whatever exactly that means. :P

Also, on spacex.com, it already shows F9 Full Thrust, the only really hard thing about that one is M1D and M1Dvac, since those really don't have any to M1C related components. My question now: I planned to redo F9 1.0 for more detailed models, but actually, do you want to have 1.2 first (or 1.1?)

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.