[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

I don't know if this works with 1.0.5, there areprobably some issues with the parts temperatures (?). The new version will support 1.0.5. I really didn't think they would release it *so* fast O, o

I found a bug with the pack; rocket stages tend to explode on stage separation due to the new core heating module

Well, as you probably realized - no. There occured some smaller bugs, and one or two changes requested, and that took more time than I planned. While they've tested the rocket, I've already started with the next big step in SpaceX's history:

tDsBjNq.png

;)

Plus, I'll also need to fix up the other rockets, which could also take one-three days again...1.0.5 broke some things, unfortunately

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

I see acuators, you planning on having them animating when gimballing? Model looks good

Yes exactly, that's my plan. I've also modelled these on M1C already, but I didn't get them to work yet. But when I figured it out, I will make them move in the correct way. Here's a thread I made, asking for help on the module which makes such "animation" work: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/14-Modelling-and-Texturing-Discussion

Thanks!

Well, as you probably realized - no. There occured some smaller bugs, and one or two changes requested, and that took more time than I planned. While they've tested the rocket, I've already started with the next big step in SpaceX's history:

http://i.imgur.com/tDsBjNq.png

;)

Plus, I'll also need to fix up the other rockets, which could also take one-three days again...1.0.5 broke some things, unfortunately

I take it that's a Raptor?

It's Merlin 1D. There's not even a Raptor model out yet, though you can make some assumptions how it could look like, but there would be too much guessing for now. Though once some hard information on it gets too the public, I'll make one of course!
@Major: Of course it's a great idea to put a maybe 2000kN engine to a rocket propulsed by a 200kN engine! :D
@DarthVader: No, no other progress yet. I am first making the engines this time, then everything else. ;) Though I've already finished modelling and UV mapping, on to texturing now.

Thanks! The issue can be sorted out with stock module, but the how is the question...I got an answer, but I didn't tried the suggestion out yet.

BTW, bad news guys. I'll have to postpone the new version for at least 2 weeks. The Falcon 9 is completely finished now (though a manual is still missing), but the other rockets really drive me crazy. Especially Atlas V with its various payload fairings. I took one model, and just rescaled it to fit the required height for that special version of the fairing, but now, since the colliders must be convex, I have to make custom colliders now for each of the fairings. Ugh. I wonder if it's not actaully easier to completely remake those fairings, or, when I am at it, remake the whole rocket. I'm getting crazy when I see this ugly models, when I compare them to models of my Falcon 9 now, or something. Also, Unity doesn't want me to export certain parts (payload fairings *cough* *cough*), which does not make me happier to be honest.
And Delta II could also need a remake...and it also has 5 payload fairings....oh man, fun times.

I am a bit disappointed from Squad that they already changed the colliders now, people said that with unity 5 upgrade, colliders must be convex, but it wasn't even in experimentals yet, so I didn't worry about those colliders (and other modders didn't worry about those too as you see now) but now, bam, 1.0.5 arrived and brings that change with it. And no one said that this would be changed. Now we sit here, with many parts to fix, while the stuff we originally worked on has to wait now. Applause.

I feel sorry for you man and I feel your pain. I quit playing 1.0.5 and went back to 1.0.4 because of the convex collider issue. I make a bunch of launchers and parts myself and refuse to go back and re-do anything just so that I can play in 1.0.5. Of course I might have to if I ever want to have the benefits of 1.1, but for now I'll keep playing 1.0.4. I'm not an official KSP modder, so luckily I can take my sweet time :) Having to make new custom colliders for the fairings is not something I am looking forward to. Especially making ones that will behave nicely with FAR now that FAR is voxel-based.

Anyways, love your mod and keep up the great work. Hopefully your head won't explode because of these changes :P

So be it. Better to release a superior product than follow in the footsteps of SQUAD and have to fix things over and over again...because...

Keep up the excellent work. I'm sure it'll be a while before a solid stable 1.0.5 build of mine will be working so missing your launchers isn't such a big deal.

I'm sticking to 1.0.4 probably until 1.1 comes out. I've put too much work into my 1.0.4 build to have to redo it in 1.0.5 and then redo it again in 1.1. A small setback but at least you'll be more ready for 1.1 when it finally releases. I love your models already so any improvement on them is worth the wait. I'm pretty sure I can pull the new parts from 1.0.5 into 1.0.4 anyways, which is really the only thing I was looking forward to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.