[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

1 hour ago, Shaikhaanshai1 said:

My falcon heavy core stage burns up during re-entry 

Are you doing a RTLS or ASDS landing? I've just tested a RTLS with the core and it overheats. So you need to perform a reentry burn to get your reentry velocity to down to less than 1400m/s. That's what a reentry burn is for. :) You need to leave about 3500 units of fuel in the core for a RTLS to be able to perform a reentry burn which slows you down sufficiently and then do the landing burn, which requires about 350 units of fuel (often much less, but just to make sure ;) ).

On 7 February 2016 at 2:15 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

ASDS and landing pad? The landing pad never showed issues when I used it. The ASDS is a little...bugged, let's say. Yeah, the parts are supposed to spawn slightly under the runway, that's where their collider start, so you can also place them on tilted ground. That shouldn't cause any issues. Have you got any mods installed?

I've narrowed it down and it appears to be an issue when Ferram Aerospace that is installed  

@Jamesstewart97 Running RSS/RO and FAR (of course) I have a similar issue unless I do my reentry burn just right. Too late and you'll at least lose engines, if not more and too soon and you get going to fast before the landing burn and do the same thing. FAR has always been funky with the overheating and aero-failures since the reentry heating affects went stock. I would suggest doing a proper reentry burn and/or turning aero-failures/stresses off in FAR.

1 minute ago, Giuliano said:

Hello Kartoffelkuchen, can you make the Atlas V Cubesat carrier, aka Aft Bulkhead Carrier?

Here is a image

abc_ula_cubesats1.png

Maybe when he reworks the Atlas pack he could look into it but I think that really would be something better as an add-on like other payloads. That's really up to him though. It's a cool idea though!

Yes! I love getting my hands on good parts that are part of my "favorite rockets" list. I recently got this question on my latest video:

Fz8B6iN.png

Notice I said Delta CSS was my #1 favorite rocket stage. So yea... I'm excited about your part.

6 minutes ago, lextacy said:

There is one in development by @Tristonwilson12 and @liquidhype for their Real KSC mod, but development has stopped due to KerbalKonstructs being broken in 1.0.5. If you look at earlier posts (way earlier than this, back in the first release of the Atlas V) you can see a video by Kartoffelkuchen which apparently shows an Atlas being launched on that launch tower. 

19 minutes ago, Delta_8930 said:

There is one in development by @Tristonwilson12 and @liquidhype for their Real KSC mod, but development has stopped due to KerbalKonstructs being broken in 1.0.5. If you look at earlier posts (way earlier than this, back in the first release of the Atlas V) you can see a video by Kartoffelkuchen which apparently shows an Atlas being launched on that launch tower. 

Oh I see. So I guess we all have to wait :(

42 minutes ago, lextacy said:

Just so their is no confusion among those that might now know...Space X has never and will never launch from SLC-41 or SLC-3. The pad shown in this image (SLC-41) is strictly for Atlas V launches (and probably future Vulcan launches) and is completely incompatible with the Falcon.

Kart, when Delta IV comes out (btw time???? :)) can you make the delta IV Small/light? It's a single CBC with a Delta K on top, with Delta II fairings. It also has an optional Star 48. It's derivative, the Delta IV Medium++ would be cool too, it was a D4 Heavy with a Delta K instead of a DCSS. It was cancelled because it had like a 4.5 TWR but it would still be cool.

Edited by MajorLeaugeRocketScience

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.