[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

It's beautifully done.  After blasting off a couple of times with the ITX I have some feedback, some of which you are probably already aware of.

- Take-off is a blast...literally.  Ignition results in spectacular destruction of the launch pad with huge clouds of smoke and flames.  It actually looks like a real launch.

-  I like the standard MK2 IVA as opposed to a half-baked new or non-working layout.  It's functional with plenty of RPM MFDs.  That's not to say that I wouldn't like to see a nice Space X type control panel, but what is there is perfectly serviceable.

-  The RCS ports are not using monopropellant.  They are using the liquid fuel and oxidizer.

-  Right-clicking on the command module in the VAB results in a super long inventory list for each crew member and passenger.  The amount of clicking and keeping track of inventory and who has what looks to be an impossible task.  Would it be possible to eliminate the individual inventories and replace them with a single cargo bay with an equal number of slots?

-  I didn't notice if there was a hatch or other form of entry and exit.  If there is, is there a ladder to the ground too?

-  The mission plan is for an ITX refueler to dock with and refuel the passenger ship in orbit.  I didn't see any kind of docking port to enable this.

-  Cabin lights would be nice, but not essential.  If you do them, please keep them subtle.  Most of the stock part cabin lights are as bright as spot lights.

That's it for now.  Congratulations on creating a great mod, that works right out of the gate.  The artwork is really beautiful.  Thanks for doing this.

On 12/6/2016 at 11:26 AM, thomash said:

-  Right-clicking on the command module in the VAB results in a super long inventory list for each crew member and passenger.  The amount of clicking and keeping track of inventory and who has what looks to be an impossible task.  Would it be possible to eliminate the individual inventories and replace them with a single cargo bay with an equal number of slots?

This is a function of KIS/KAS. Has nothing to do with what KK has done or can do.

Yeah, I understand that it's a KIS/KAS thing.  I just put it out there.  One option might be a "cargo" version with fewer seats and a centralized cargo bay.  There might be a science variant that would have fewer crew.  I imagine that if the ITX ever becomes a reality there will be a number of mission specific variants.

@thomash

Thanks for your feedback! :)

- Yeah, you might want to disable destructable buildings if you want to avoid that, however you seem to enjoy it! :D

- I'd love to do a proper IVA, however I dont know how, so I just went with that one for now.

- That's because the real one also has, will have, RCS thrusters running on the same propellant as the engines.

- I'm gonna think about that.

- Yes, no hatch nor ladder yet. Will add that.

- Will add it. 

- Good idea.

@TheRagingIrishman

Thanks! No, these parts are actually real scale, so F9 is 3.66m, ITS 12m dia.

1 hour ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@thomash

Thanks for your feedback! :)

- Yeah, you might want to disable destructable buildings if you want to avoid that, however you seem to enjoy it! :D

- I'd love to do a proper IVA, however I dont know how, so I just went with that one for now.

- That's because the real one also has, will have, RCS thrusters running on the same propellant as the engines.

- I'm gonna think about that.

- Yes, no hatch nor ladder yet. Will add that.

- Will add it. 

- Good idea.

@TheRagingIrishman

Thanks! No, these parts are actually real scale, so F9 is 3.66m, ITS 12m dia.

OK. Think I might mess with Module Manager to try and get everything resized. I'd love to be able to integrate with SpaceY and stock (10m, 3.75m)

On 2/3/2016 at 1:05 AM, ReventonHawx said:

@Natskyge Yes and no. I think the Atlas works with current RO configs but I haven't checked. I put together a Falcon 9 "Full Thrust" unofficial Realism Overhaul MM patch and posted a download to it a page or so back. Here's the link for your convenience :wink: 

Any plans to make a full set of configs for real fuels for all the parts? I would love to use this with real fuels

Edited by Kotagi

On 12/11/2016 at 5:07 AM, Kotagi said:

Any plans to make a full set of configs for real fuels for all the parts? I would love to use this with real fuels

I make full configs for RO/RF/RSS for all parts for all his packs except spacex rockets because I don't like spacex. Someone else usually works on those so they do get done eventually.

Edited by raidernick

On 12/11/2016 at 5:07 AM, Kotagi said:

Biggest issue is that Real Fuels isn't officially updated to 1.2.1/1.2.2 yet and the ITS and probably Falcons now are not backwards compatible with 1.1.3, at least not without completely rebuilding the config (which I might do if RF isn't updated before my vacation...:sealed:) but I should be able to put out an updated RSS config for SpaceX rockets once real fuels is updated. Falcon 9 FT should be good as I got it finished in 1.1.3, just need to clean up the MM config. ITS will take some more time as I'll probably be completely spitballing until it actually materializes IRL, unless someone wants to calculate some of that for me :wink: 

26 minutes ago, reekchaa said:

Spacedock still thinks this is an outdated mod, not working with current KSP version.  They need enlightenment :D  https://spacedock.info/mod/269/SpaceX Launch Vehicles

That would probably be because, as stated here in the OP of this thread:

KSP Version: 1.2.1

Version: 4.0 (Released December 4, 2016)

latest version was released two days before 1.2.2 dropped... and @Kartoffelkuchen seemingly hasnt "officially" stated that v4.0 supports 1.2.2...

So, I guess in a round-about-way, you're asking if he could "officially" state the current version is supported for 1.2.2?
If it DOES, with no issues or changes needed, resubmitting it on SD just for a KSP update with no changes, usually is not enough reason to update the mod version...

i guess he could update the KSP version on the current submission, but that means he would have to "officially" state v4.0 IS indeed supported for 1.2.2... But he may not be at that point yet...

And just because SD gives the "outdated mod" notice, it does NOT mean that the latest version hosted does not work in the current version of KSP.... Its just to notify that there IS a discrepency in versioning, and the mod MIGHT not work in current KSP version, and may NOT be officially supported by the mod dev...
But it definately does NOT mean the mod automatically, absolutely does not work in current version of KSP... Best thing to do in such cases, is to check the latest posts on the release thread...
Which is why I think its a very good idea to use the "forum thread link" feature on the SD submission... unfortunately, some devs do NOT...

Edited by Stone Blue

Just now, redmonddkgamer said:

Two questions:

One: Is this compatible with raidernick's US Probes? I want to use it to launch a TDRSS.

Two: Are you going to make the Atlas II and the other, earlier Atlas rockets?

What do you mean by compatible? It's two different mods. And yes, i do played both and they just worked perfectly :).

And second, i don't know about that, but i think @Kartoffelkuchen would focus on SpaceX and ULA launcher only. But i would suggest you to just built your own Atlas II with FASA's or Bluedog's 1 1/2 stage Atlas topped with Centaur stages. The fairing is the same (short) 4m ones. Done that long time ago.

1 hour ago, AlphaKerman said:

What do you mean by compatible? It's two different mods. And yes, i do played both and they just worked perfectly :).

And second, i don't know about that, but i think @Kartoffelkuchen would focus on SpaceX and ULA launcher only. But i would suggest you to just built your own Atlas II with FASA's or Bluedog's 1 1/2 stage Atlas topped with Centaur stages. The fairing is the same (short) 4m ones. Done that long time ago.

Thanks. Got any suggestions for an MSL rover?

On 12/8/2016 at 3:24 PM, thomash said:

Yeah, I understand that it's a KIS/KAS thing.  I just put it out there.  One option might be a "cargo" version with fewer seats and a centralized cargo bay.  There might be a science variant that would have fewer crew.  I imagine that if the ITX ever becomes a reality there will be a number of mission specific variants.

I've been watching "MARS" on the NG channel.  It seems like the Daedalus is a scaled down version of the ITS and has a crew of just six.  

2 hours ago, thomash said:

I've been watching "MARS" on the NG channel.  It seems like the Daedalus is a scaled down version of the ITS and has a crew of just six.  

Exactly what i thought! Even though ITS design revealed in late 2016, that movie was built way before that. Either Elon give them a clue of the design or its a coincidence. :D

vlcsnap-2016-11-11-11h11m04s659.png?resi

spoiler alert: Yep, Elon Musk is in the show :wink:

And here a cut from the movie about SpaceX first landing 

Just look his excitement :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.