Kartoffelkuchen

[1.7.2] KK Launchers - DELTA PACK v. 1.0 (15-06-19) / SpaceX pack v.5.3

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yeah, you remember correctly. They were busy with launching rockets, but they're getting the last bumps out of the way right now before the release of this, as far as I know. Really annoying for me too, believe me, that we are sitting months on a basically finished product.

I guess that multinational corporations perceive time on a different scale than us, mere mortals. "Soon" for them may be lifetime for us. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2017 at 3:51 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yeah, you remember correctly. They were busy with launching rockets, but they're getting the last bumps out of the way right now before the release of this, as far as I know. Really annoying for me too, believe me, that we are sitting months on a basically finished product.

 

Being someone who deals with one of the companies that makes up ULA; this is just how they handle stuff like this. There's probably a lot of back-end stuff going on that we don't see, a lot of red tape and whatnot. I think I remember EJ_SA mentioning ULA was good to release but there were some suppliers they were still getting "ok"s from. You can also say they are busy launching rockets but there are divisions that are specifically made for dealing with stuff like this. All that to say though, it's best we wait for everyone to give the ok then to get this awesome mod and then have to taken away because someone got upset, possibly even getting ULA in trouble. I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, 

First of thanks to the author(s?) of this incredible mod! this is a beauty ! :) 

just a quick question as I can't find the answer on the last 4 pages, does this mod is compatible with real fuels ? 

thanks !

Edit 1 : So it seems to works with real fuel, but I just need to adjust the trust (i'm in RSS) so that the engines are not overpowered. So don't answer my question, I should have tried it directly :) 

Edit 2 : Where is the barge to land on ? Is that the fact that I'm in RSS changes anything to the barge location or the barge activation ? 

Edited by Alex38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2017 at 2:24 PM, Alex38 said:

Hi everyone, 

First of thanks to the author(s?) of this incredible mod! this is a beauty ! :) 

just a quick question as I can't find the answer on the last 4 pages, does this mod is compatible with real fuels ? 

thanks !

Edit 1 : So it seems to works with real fuel, but I just need to adjust the trust (i'm in RSS) so that the engines are not overpowered. So don't answer my question, I should have tried it directly :) 

Edit 2 : Where is the barge to land on ? Is that the fact that I'm in RSS changes anything to the barge location or the barge activation ? 

You have to place the barge yourself. Luckily the barge motor is OP so you don't have to wait long to get it out to position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarthVader said:

You have to place the barge yourself. Luckily the barge motor is OP so you don't have to wait long to get it out to position

Oh, okay no problems ! thanks for the help :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, when i want to load a craft, it is written that is missing parts KK.SPX. ... And i can only see 2 parts from this addon. 

 What can i do?

Edited by valala9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tees said:

Hi any one have spacex pack for KSP 1.1.3

Spacedock. Look at Changelogs. There is a Version for 1.1.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any RO configs for the Atlas and SpaceX launchers?  Particularly the fuel tanks, which don't seem to have configs as far as I can tell.  If not, is anyone aware of any resources for making my own?  Engines are easy, but it's harder to find specs for the fuel tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, A_Madman said:

Are there any RO configs for the Atlas and SpaceX launchers?  Particularly the fuel tanks, which don't seem to have configs as far as I can tell.  If not, is anyone aware of any resources for making my own?  Engines are easy, but it's harder to find specs for the fuel tanks.

Look at the OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DarthVader said:

Look at the OP

I must've missed the post for the F9 FT configs.  But my main problem is the Atlas V, which apparently has configs provided by RO, yet definitely doesn't for me.  And I've tried a couple of installs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, A_Madman said:

I must've missed the post for the F9 FT configs.  But my main problem is the Atlas V, which apparently has configs provided by RO, yet definitely doesn't for me.  And I've tried a couple of installs.

Try again; looks like they are clearly there on the RO Git:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/33048702d67e2ceed46054a48a533db7247c73dd/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/KK Launchers/RO_KK_AtlasV_Tanks.cfg

And there are also craft files for the Atlas launchers included with RO:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/search?p=1&q=CommonCoreBooster&type=Code&utf8=✓

If you build a payload, you should be able to pull in the the launcher from the Subassemblies. If not, you might have installed something incorrectly, and should take a closer look there, possibly inquiring on the RO forum page with more detailed information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a side note about the atlas v, since the original is no longer available for download and is being replaced by the new ula one, the old configs have been removed and replaced by configs for the new parts with changed names. So using the old atlas v you have saved in the future will not be supported by RO because the parts conflict with the new ones as some names are the same and some aren't. Just use the new one, get the latest RO and most importantly actually install it correctly instead of doing w/e it is you did which was incorrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am running into a weird issue where the mod was working. Then I loaded up this evening and it says I am missing a few parts. (never installed anything new) Any Ideas?

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, danklar said:

I am running into a weird issue where the mod was working. Then I loaded up this evening and it says I am missing a few parts. (never installed anything new) Any Ideas?

 

Dan

Running in 1.2.2 with all the dependencies? Can you post your output.log?

Edited by DarthVader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KerbalMaster2016 said:

  None of the parts are loading

 

 

KK youR parTs r NOt loaDING and mY PC IS ON FIRE anD IT's yOur fault fiX IT

log? can't you just fix it?

no log for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea how to fix fairing not opening on Atlas launch pack? I know it's outdated but if there's someway to fix it, that'd be great. If can't, no problem anyway. Just wanted to use the Atlas pack again tho..:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Any idea how to fix fairing not opening on Atlas launch pack? I know it's outdated but if there's someway to fix it, that'd be great. If can't, no problem anyway. Just wanted to use the Atlas pack again tho..:wink:

I think it requires OSFairings Not sure if it works in 1.2.2 though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Any idea how to fix fairing not opening on Atlas launch pack? I know it's outdated but if there's someway to fix it, that'd be great. If can't, no problem anyway. Just wanted to use the Atlas pack again tho..:wink:

Yeah, you'd need OS Fairings for that. The thing is, OSF does not work any more in 1.2.2. 

You can however go into the config of each fairing, and replace  'ModuleFairingDecoupler' with 'ModuleDecouple', that should make it work again. Payload won't be shielded then unfortunately. Let me know if that works for you!

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.