[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

19 hours ago, BananaTime101 said:

I think it requires OSFairings Not sure if it works in 1.2.2 though :)

Yeah, sadly it won't

18 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yeah, you'd need OS Fairings for that. The thing is, OSF does not work any more in 1.2.2. 

You can however go into the config of each fairing, and replace  'ModuleFairingDecoupler' with 'ModuleDecouple', that should make it work again. Payload won't be shielded then unfortunately. Let me know if that works for you!

Well, it's working, had to do some tweaks too at ejection force, i don't know why the Atlas V fairing shows ejection force of -10000  and its destroyed the whole rocket when decoupling :D . Other than that it's working perfectly, i used it for station module launch and i think its fine the payload not shielded. Thanks

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, I'm fairly new at KSP. I've unzipped the pack in my (steam) installation. In the VAB in sandbox mode I can load (for example) a Falcon 1 rocket, but I only have half the fairing. Where is the other part? How can I add a payload and close the fairing?

On 2/28/2017 at 4:24 AM, Corsac said:

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, I'm fairly new at KSP. I've unzipped the pack in my (steam) installation. In the VAB in sandbox mode I can load (for example) a Falcon 1 rocket, but I only have half the fairing. Where is the other part? How can I add a payload and close the fairing?

Well, simply rotate the fairing 180 degree and mirror the other fairing half. Same with the other rockets :wink:

@Kartoffelkuchen(or anyone else with an answer), how would I go about getting a look at the SpaceX Landing Zone 1 craft file in detail(ie in 3D in an editor of some sort like Blender)? I normally don't like messing around with craft files but I've only ever got the Landing Zone 1 craft to work once in 1.1.3 in Realism Overhaul(and no luck in stock either). Otherwise every time I try and launch it, it explodes with a variety of situation reports (from 'F3') saying it's either overheated or collided with the surface or splashed down hard(?!). Btw I've already tried modifying the config file to no avail.(Also I get it if you don't want people messing with the craft file.) Thanks.

On ‎01‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 10:44 PM, goldmine48 said:

@Kartoffelkuchen(or anyone else with an answer), how would I go about getting a look at the SpaceX Landing Zone 1 craft file in detail(ie in 3D in an editor of some sort like Blender)? I normally don't like messing around with craft files but I've only ever got the Landing Zone 1 craft to work once in 1.1.3 in Realism Overhaul(and no luck in stock either). Otherwise every time I try and launch it, it explodes with a variety of situation reports (from 'F3') saying it's either overheated or collided with the surface or splashed down hard(?!). Btw I've already tried modifying the config file to no avail.(Also I get it if you don't want people messing with the craft file.) Thanks.

Mhm, usually, there should not really be a problem with that. I mean, I haven't really used this in 1.2.2, so I can't really tell. I will have a look at it and see if I can see anything which could cause issues you and some others already described.

Otherwise, you can also try turning it into a static using KerbalKonstructs, I think someone threw a config around here at some point.

Apart from that, here's a quick overview of how this here is going to continue, also regarding the ULA mod:

I haven't worked on this mod, or anything related to KSP modding for some months now, I have been busy with IRL stuff and wasn't really interested. Also, the fact that the ULA mod still has not been released yet, due to ULA schedule uncertanties or whatever, and that all our time and work both ej_sa and me put into this can't be acknowledged by the KSP community really bugs me and made modding really unattractive for me for the last couple months.

I mean - I put a s*** load of work into this, these were, are actually my highest quality models so far, and they could have been released almost half a year ago, and even today I don't know when this will be released.

Concerning this mod: I'll update Atlas V again for KSP 1.2 (well nothing big to update really I think, except for fairings), and will continue to improve the Falcon 9, with focus on the Merlin engines. They are ok, but could be much better, especially regarding the texturing. When Block 5 of Falcon 9 flies, I want it to be as realistic as possible, I'll wait with a revamp of the tanks until Block 5 actually flies to make sure I don't do anything which I'll eventually need to redo again, but engines will be updated in the next time because I really think they can look much better.

I also want to pick up my Atlas II & III again which I had in work for quite some time now, but I haven't finished them yet, which I wanna do.

So yeah, so far so good. Don't know when this will be released, but it's in the next 2 months I'd say.

See ya

@Kartoffelkuchen We all really do appreciate your excellent work.

It really is a shame ULA has yet to allow a release. Maybe those files could be mysteriously be leaked :wink: Blame it on the Russians.

In any respect. We look forward to solid Atlas II/III work :)

If only somebody could do Atlas-Agena/Centaur. But no pressure on you there :)

1 hour ago, TK421d said:

is there an alternate MM config somewhere for the engines with 64k?  it seems the one bundled is not actually changing any values in my game.

I'm sorry, that's the only one I have. I made that quite some time ago, and yeah, apparently it doesn't work any more. :/ (<-- oh cool a new smiley!)

I am afraid you need to come up with your own config for that, or you find something, but I don't think anything like that is currently available..

20 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I'm sorry, that's the only one I have. I made that quite some time ago, and yeah, apparently it doesn't work any more. :/ (<-- oh cool a new smiley!)

I am afraid you need to come up with your own config for that, or you find something, but I don't think anything like that is currently available..

i tried just using yours, and deleting the :needs[64k], which works.  if you do just remember you did it if you ever revert to a stock scale universe.

5 hours ago, Alpha_Mike_741 said:

If i want to add RO configs for some parts (first post says it should be there , but i get all sorts of  non ROs) , should i post them here or add them to RO itself?

The OP includes a link to some configs that I don't think have been sent over to RO for inclusion. RO encourages any configs to be submitted as a PR, so we can review and add it to the other RO configs. If you were to submit the configs from here to RO, I'd suggest attempting to get @ReventonHawx's permission for that, or checking how those configs posted in the OP here are licensed.

3 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

I had to sorta make it all my self, I used the Echostar logo, then I had to use the numbers from the last Atlas V Echostar launch, but I duplicated and rearranged the numbers

i mean: you put a model in 3ds max then save it in obj and put in the game folder or what?

35 minutes ago, GeKa said:

i mean: you put a model in 3ds max then save it in obj and put in the game folder or what?

No I just made the texture in paint.net, I put the model of the dating in blender so I can make sure it looks good, then saved the fairing texture in the folder with all the other fairing textures, then I added it to the fairing Textureswitch in the CFG 

2 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

No I just made the texture in paint.net, I put the model of the dating in blender so I can make sure it looks good, then saved the fairing texture in the folder with all the other fairing textures, then I added it to the fairing Textureswitch in the CFG 

got it, thank you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.