[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

I'm sorry I've seen several videos on this mod, it looks great, but no matter what I do the only parts that show up at the Falcon 1 and Falcon 9 demo. I've tried this mod on three different occasions and the same thing has happened each time. I look forward to being able to use this mod in the future.

who cares: There are at least two other users, myself included, that are experiencing a problem similar to this.  It appears the engines and fairings are not loading properly.  So far, the advice we have received has failed to resolve the issue.  While I'm thinking of it, are you using RSS and/or RO (I am)?  Hard to say if it has anything to do with this bug, but one of RO's prerequisites, Real Fuels, significantly affects engines (although also fuel tanks, and they still load fine).

Rather than get disgruntled and shout about it why not provide a little more information, like what OS your using a screen shot of your current mods, have you tried installing to a fresh kerbal install with the prerequisites installed and squad folders only. Do you use Ckan or do it manually most of us have it installed without issue we are happy to help but our crystal balls dont extend to your PC.

Edited by Virtualgenius

I just ran some tests where I removed my mods and put them back in a few at a time per the prerequisite structures.  With all mods back in except RO, RSS, and KSCS, Falcon 9 loaded perfectly.  However, when I then tried putting RO back in without making any further changes, I encountered the same issue with the engines and the fairings.  Therefore, it appears RO is the problem.  I am currently running version 12.1 of RO.  One possible issue that could be adversely affecting the engines is the fuel type switching associated with RO, but that does not explain the issue with the fairings, and I would think that the fuel tanks would be adversely affected at well, but they do not show up on the list of missing parts when I try to load the Falcon 9 Full Thrust.

1 hour ago, cgwhite4 said:

I just ran some tests where I removed my mods and put them back in a few at a time per the prerequisite structures.  With all mods back in except RO, RSS, and KSCS, Falcon 9 loaded perfectly.  However, when I then tried putting RO back in without making any further changes, I encountered the same issue with the engines and the fairings.  Therefore, it appears RO is the problem.  I am currently running version 12.1 of RO.  One possible issue that could be adversely affecting the engines is the fuel type switching associated with RO, but that does not explain the issue with the fairings, and I would think that the fuel tanks would be adversely affected at well, but they do not show up on the list of missing parts when I try to load the Falcon 9 Full Thrust.

It sounds like the RO configs that change the SpaceX parts into "realistic parts" are just broken. Can't imagine that the fuel part of the config would be the issue but it might be. This is part of the reason I make my own part configs instead of making a MM patch to change preexisting configs. Don't know how familiar you are with config files but I would look at them and see if anything seems off. Might even look at them myself if I get a chance in the next couple days.

While looking at the various parts, I just noticed that the F9 payload fairing utilizes solid fuel for some reason, and has the "ModuleEngines" Module.  I also noticed in that in RealismOverhaul/Engine_Configs/Merlin1_Config.cfg, there is a line that reads "@PART[*]:HAS[#engineType[Merlin1]]:FOR[RealismOverhaulEngines]", but in Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/m1d/M1D+.cfg, there is "EngineType = LiquidFuel", but no other line that starts with "engineType" or "EngineType".

Edit: replacing "LiquidFuel" with "Merlin1" in the EngineType line failed to remove the M1D+ part from the missing parts list.

Edited by cgwhite4
New information

Just a suggestion, but I think it'd be awesome for the realplume compatibility included in this mod to extend the rocket engine exhaust by 2 times the current size in the stage 1 Merlin engines. The real life falcon nine has engine exhausts about the same length of the first stage shortly after launch.

17 hours ago, Elon's Musk said:

Just a suggestion, but I think it'd be awesome for the realplume compatibility included in this mod to extend the rocket engine exhaust by 2 times the current size in the stage 1 Merlin engines. The real life falcon nine has engine exhausts about the same length of the first stage shortly after launch.

I have to agree

1 hour ago, Oggy1326 said:

hi, when I download the pack, it lacks stuff (like tanks and engines for example) thx

How come so many people seem to run into this issue?

@cgwhite4 @who cares @Oggy1326 There *needs* to be something wrong with your installation. I need to know if you're using any other mods (especially if it's Realism Overhaul), or I can't help you. There's no way it works for so many people, including me, without any issues, but not for you...

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, cgwhite4 said:

I just ran some tests where I removed my mods and put them back in a few at a time per the prerequisite structures.  With all mods back in except RO, RSS, and KSCS, Falcon 9 loaded perfectly.  However, when I then tried putting RO back in without making any further changes, I encountered the same issue with the engines and the fairings.  Therefore, it appears RO is the problem.  I am currently running version 12.1 of RO.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, ReventonHawx said:

It sounds like the RO configs that change the SpaceX parts into "realistic parts" are just broken.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, cgwhite4 said:

I also noticed in that in RealismOverhaul/Engine_Configs/Merlin1_Config.cfg, there is a line that reads "@PART[*]:HAS[#engineType[Merlin1]]:FOR[RealismOverhaulEngines]", but in Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/m1d/M1D+.cfg, there is "EngineType = LiquidFuel", but no other line that starts with "engineType" or "EngineType".

Edit: replacing "LiquidFuel" with "Merlin1" in the EngineType line failed to remove the M1D+ part from the missing parts list.

Kartoffelkuchen: This sure does seem to be a particularly elusive problem.  ReventonHawx and I may have made some diagnostic progress above, and these 3 sections of the above posts might prove important.  Unfortunately, I am not particularly familiar with .cfg files: the test I reported in the third quote was my first attempt at such an edit (which I since reverted due to it failing to work).  FYI, in addition to RSS/RO and the various prerequisites, I also have KIS, KAS, KAS-1.0, and EL (but I put these 4 mods back before RO in the tests mentioned above).  I find it interesting that who cares reports not using RO and still encountering this issue.

who cares: Are you using some mod other than RO that involves a fuel type switch (e.g., LiquidFuel to Kerosene)?  Since you reported not using RO, your mod list and the test I mention in the first quote could prove particularly helpful, as if a second problematic mod can be identified with commonalities to RO, then those commonalities would likely be important.

Oggy1326: Are you using RO?  If not, then the section directed toward who cares is applicable.

Congratulations!  Great mod indeed!  Enabling us to "play as SpaceX" in KSP was an excellent idea, especially with their popularity, historic moments, and bold ambitions, and especially when this mod is combined with RO and RSS.  This mod will surely get even more popular as SpaceX continues making progress with the Crew Dragon demos, the first commercial FH mission, and work on their Mars rocket.  Thanks for all the good work.

Edited by cgwhite4
sentence structure issue

9 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Is there anyone who could donate a dragon and a dragon 2 capsule to the cause its the only thing really missing to make it complete 

I modeled a dragon and dragon 2 a few years ago. I’m working on getting the cargo dragon working in game and should be ready for release soon, I hope. I’ll do the same with the Dragon 2 whenever I figure out where I put the files from the original model.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.