[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

On 2/16/2019 at 5:13 PM, Cheesecake said:

OK, I'm alright with the texture not changing. But another bigger problem is that the fairings don't seem to do anything. They fit on the second stage, separate gracefully but stuff inside is still affected by the air. I tried launching something today and the antennas on the satellite were broken by aerodynamic forces and later, the rocket started veering off course and wobbling (Not the kraken, it was moving around in the air) and I tried putting a nosecone as the payload and it was stable. Is this supposed to happen? I tried FAR but I couldnt launch the rocket because of the max of 3FPS i get (not joking). Any tips on how to fix this? Thanks!

55 minutes ago, edwin.robert said:

OK, I'm alright with the texture not changing. But another bigger problem is that the fairings don't seem to do anything. They fit on the second stage, separate gracefully but stuff inside is still affected by the air. I tried launching something today and the antennas on the satellite were broken by aerodynamic forces and later, the rocket started veering off course and wobbling (Not the kraken, it was moving around in the air) and I tried putting a nosecone as the payload and it was stable. Is this supposed to happen? I tried FAR but I couldnt launch the rocket because of the max of 3FPS i get (not joking). Any tips on how to fix this? Thanks!

On 2/23/2019 at 11:31 PM, Colin13 said:

Hi, When i downloaded this mod i out the Ships folder and GAme Data folder into my KSP game data folder. I only got the f9 demo and f1 rockets. Plz help!!!

I had the same problem and I fixed it by downloading off of CKAN, which is a much easier and better place to get mods than Spacedock anyways.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:13 PM, Cheesecake said:

Older versions (before  5.2) has firespitter. But I don`t know if there is a burned texture and if it works in newer ksp-versions. In every case you must youse the correct version of firespitter.

So if i have KSP 1.4.1, and I download Launchers pack v5.0, will i need the firespitter version for KSP 1.4.1? Or should I download the Firespitter module from CKAN?

1 hour ago, edwin.robert said:

So if i have KSP 1.4.1, and I download Launchers pack v5.0, will i need the firespitter version for KSP 1.4.1? Or should I download the Firespitter module from CKAN?

You need the firespitter-version for KSP 1.4.x.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

You need the firespitter-version for KSP 1.4.x.

Ok, I just got that. I downloaded Launchers Pack v5.0 and ran it but the Falcon 9 v1.1 Full thrust main fuel tank has no texture (all grey) when on the launchpad... I checked the texture paths in the cfg and all are correct. I thought it was the B5 textures interfering and i removed that and did a clean install of launchers pack but to no avail. I have the right firespitter, launchers pack version and KSP version.  I can change textures in editor but when i launch it's grey and when I revert to VAB, it's still grey. It has the textures when I get the part from the menu and change it. 

On 3/3/2019 at 4:35 PM, Cheesecake said:

Did you install Launchers Pack correctly?

Yes, all was installed correctly. I have the firespitter.dll too, and all the normal and burnt textures exist in the Rockets file. I'll give it another shot today, after doing another clean download of launchers pack. Another thing that I noticed was that sometimes when you right click on the main fuel tank in the editor, you get the 'next texture' and 'previous texture' buttons, and sometimes i get the little bar at the bottom where you can choose the textures like you would have in the making history parts. I don't know what's going on here either. Is it corrupted or something?

On 3/3/2019 at 4:44 PM, edwin.robert said:

Ok, I just got that. I downloaded Launchers Pack v5.0 and ran it but the Falcon 9 v1.1 Full thrust main fuel tank has no texture (all grey) when on the launchpad... I checked the texture paths in the cfg and all are correct. I thought it was the B5 textures interfering and i removed that and did a clean install of launchers pack but to no avail. I have the right firespitter, launchers pack version and KSP version.  I can change textures in editor but when i launch it's grey and when I revert to VAB, it's still grey. It has the textures when I get the part from the menu and change it. 

Will check that one out, thanks. 

IT WORKED!!! IT WAS ALL MY FAULT GUYS! What happened was that i tried to fix a problem that created another. I had taken all the f93 parts and put them all together in another mods' part file. So every time i loaded KSP, it would load the edited one first since the mod name started with a K, and launchers pack was below it. All edits I made to launchers packs' f93 was ignored due to this. I put it in another mods' folder because the actual f93 wouldn't change...then it worked but i forgot to delete the edited one...I'm as stupid as Jeb when he left the parachute on the mun. Very sorry for disrupting all of you for this silly mistake, apologies! Thank you all for helping me anyways...

Now...the next step. How do I get it to change textures after doing the entry burn? I land it using self-written kOS code, can I add a line that switches textures to a specific one after doing the entry burn? Or is there something else I need? This is an amazing mod by the way. I can't imagine trying to fly a stock falcon 9.

19 hours ago, edwin.robert said:

Now...the next step. How do I get it to change textures after doing the entry burn? I land it using self-written kOS code, can I add a line that switches textures to a specific one after doing the entry burn? Or is there something else I need? This is an amazing mod by the way. I can't imagine trying to fly a stock falcon 9.

It used to work with Firespitter, but the mod uses the stock texture switching system now, which does not allow for texture switching in flight.

1 hour ago, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

It used to work with Firespitter, but the mod uses the stock texture switching system now, which does not allow for texture switching in flight.

He is using the old variant with firespitter.

I don`t know if it can change with kOS.

8 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

He is using the old variant with firespitter.

I don`t know if it can change with kOS.

I've seen a lot of Marcus House's videos, he somehow gets it to change after the entry burn shutdown. I can do it manually by right clicking the part and changing it, but it takes the realism away from it...

54 minutes ago, edwin.robert said:

I've seen a lot of Marcus House's videos, he somehow gets it to change after the entry burn shutdown. I can do it manually by right clicking the part and changing it, but it takes the realism away from it...

Have you attempt action groups? If it work you can control actiongroups via kOS.

On 3/9/2019 at 9:33 PM, Cheesecake said:

The it don`t work with actiongroups. And no, you can`t add it to the config. But I saw that Marcus House  is using kOS. So I think he is changing the texture via kOS.

I know he is, it's just that I don't know how he does it. This would be a really cool addition to my KSP and would be more realistic.

1 hour ago, kekomat11 said:

Sorry for the (probably) dumb question:

I can't control the boosters (seperated) or the booster with my capsule (with a Pilot inside). Did i miss something (I added RCS and Grid fins)

Make sure you have enough electrical charge and monopropellant. I always have a small battery in all my Falcon 9 cores. My thrusters run on Lf+Ox, so I don't need an extra tank. Also, are you controlling it as the active vessel? If not, you can't do anything, unless they are controlled with kOS or Mechjeb. Having a pilot inside a F9 booster sounds dangerous, but then again, it's KSP. :D

On 3/12/2019 at 7:43 PM, Cheesecake said:

Then you must learn to program with kOS.

I do know how to program with kOS, i don't know if kOS can change textures or something to a part, without action groups or anything. Ill try and get in contact with Marcus House and get help from him. 

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.