[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

Delta Pack
B2wNB4q.png

Adds the Delta II, III and IV rockets into the game, featuring highly detailed models & textures.
(No, this is NOT the official ULA mod pack! I do not have any affiliation with them, I've released my work on my own since otherwise you would never get your hands on this.)

Overview of the parts included:
t80xSay.jpg

• RS-27A, RS-68A, RL10-B2, AJ-10-118K, LR-101
  • GEM-40, GEM-46, GEM-60,GEM-63, GEM-63XL, Star 48B SRM's
  • 4m DCSS (2 colour shemes), 5m DCSS, Common Booster Core, Thor Tank, Delta K, Extra Extended Long Thor Tank
  • various Payload Fairings
  • A wide range of different payload adapters based

Note: These launch vehicles are scaled down to fit the Kerbal universe, Delta II has a diameter of 1.5m, Delta III of 2.5m and Delta IV of 3m. A seperate manual is also included in the .zip file.

Real Solar System / Realism Overhaul configs are made by @raidernick and are included in the upcoming RO patch.

More pictures: https://imgur.com/a/MHVdhPr

DOWNLOAD v.1.0 FROM SPACEDOCK

All rights reserved - Kartoffelkuchen
Logos used are owned by United Launch Alliance
Important note: I do not want to make any profit off of my work, so I always appreciate some nice comments if you like it! Enjoy!

@Coolinee Kerman Well, not my fault lol but I've decided its time to release this now, otherwise people would never get their hands on this.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Ok i'm here to tell you about some issues with the Delta family pack:

• The Delta II/III are unable to reach space within a 5 tons payload.
  • The Delta II/III are very weak in thrust and fuel, maybe a bit more of those would help to get more cargo to at least LKO.
  • The Delta IV Medium as the Delta II/III happens the same, as the vehicle is larger it could lift more tons, but in this case i couldn't lift a 10 tons payload, while the IRL one could lift 12-17 tons into LEO (i know LEO and LKO are for different scales but i think the buff is necessary).
  • The Delta IV Heavy looses control over time doing the gravity turn making it to go crazy at about 15.000m and exploding all over.

That's all i could see from me playing with the rockets.

Edited by Munarmunar

9 hours ago, Munarmunar said:

• The Delta II/III are very weak in thrust and fuel, maybe a bit more of those would help to get more cargo to at least LKO.
  • The Delta IV Medium as the Delta II/III happens the same, as the vehicle is larger it could lift more tons, but in this case i couldn't lift a 10 tons payload, while the IRL one could lift 12-17 tons into LEO (i know LEO and LKO are for different scales but i think the buff is necessary).
  • The Delta IV Heavy looses control over time doing the gravity turn making it to go crazy at about 15.000m and exploding all over.

i just put the delta II example payload one into a 75x75 orbit the payload weighed 5.165 tons and had 700 m/s delta v leftover. 

but that was also after fixing the fairings. Thats probably is what is catching you out and causing your problems since the payload isnt being shielded. 

i changed the x direction on the attachment nodes for the fairing attachment points on this 7920 and im showing the payload being shielded in the aero gui now. 

yeah your problems are definitely the problem with the fairings i just tried it again and it flips out at 15k. if the payloads arent shielded.

but what it looks like fixes it isnt changing the nodes but using old school fairings as well. i had forgot i was running that. 

if i take out OSF everything drops back to not being shielded and you start getting your problems M. with it running everything is shielded so no weird drag in all sorts of places.  

Edited by COL.R.Neville

12 hours ago, Munarmunar said:

if you are using stock aero and not FAR you HAVE to be using old school fairings or it's not going to work properly. Stock doesn't understand the way these fairings work and thus won't shield the payload on it's own. There is nothing wrong with how they are configured otherwise.

Edited by raidernick

Does anyone know how to edit the config of the Falcon 9 first stage full thrust booster? I'm not sure how compatible the mod is with realism overhaul on 1.7x but I've got it running but the strange thing is the block 3 booster has a higher realfuels capacity than the block 4. Plus there isn't a block 5 version either... not sure where I'm going wrong. The block 3 is slightly shorter and has like 403kl of volume available for fuel whereas the block 4 has 388kl of volume for fuel... I've tried editing the config file (F92_S1FuelTank.cfg) but any change I make to the:

RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 287400
		maxAmount = 287400
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 123500
		maxAmount = 123500

doesn't change the actual volume in the game... Not sure where I'm going wrong. The TWR is around 1.5 without a payload in the game and IRL I believe its around 1.2-1.3 so basically after I hit 2:30 into my flight I don't have enough fuel to RTLS. Plus the strange thing is the RCS thruster for the booster uses MMH and MON or something of that combination...it should be Nitrogen. Should I reinstall this mod??? Seems a tad off.

Thanks all!

1.7 with realism overhaul has got me back into the game again! 1.3.1 was getting old with the mods not working properly! 

finality seen the Launcher pack old friends the delta 2 and 3 see you again over 5 years the delta Pack rocket 

are resize rocket to 1.5 rather 2.44 d2 d3 resize 4-2.5 to 2.5-1.5 d4 resize to 3.125? not 5 meter 

6 hours ago, Wirelex said:

finality seen the Launcher pack old friends the delta 2 and 3 see you again over 5 years the delta Pack rocket 

are resize rocket to 1.5 rather 2.44 d2 d3 resize 4-2.5 to 2.5-1.5 d4 resize to 3.125? not 5 meter  

What do you mean? You cxan resize them yourselb by editing the config (rescaleFactor).

On 6/21/2019 at 5:55 AM, Philaphlous said:

Does anyone know how to edit the config of the Falcon 9 first stage full thrust booster? I'm not sure how compatible the mod is with realism overhaul on 1.7x but I've got it running but the strange thing is the block 3 booster has a higher realfuels capacity than the block 4. Plus there isn't a block 5 version either... not sure where I'm going wrong. The block 3 is slightly shorter and has like 403kl of volume available for fuel whereas the block 4 has 388kl of volume for fuel... I've tried editing the config file (F92_S1FuelTank.cfg) but any change I make to the:

RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 287400
		maxAmount = 287400
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 123500
		maxAmount = 123500

doesn't change the actual volume in the game... Not sure where I'm going wrong. The TWR is around 1.5 without a payload in the game and IRL I believe its around 1.2-1.3 so basically after I hit 2:30 into my flight I don't have enough fuel to RTLS. Plus the strange thing is the RCS thruster for the booster uses MMH and MON or something of that combination...it should be Nitrogen. Should I reinstall this mod??? Seems a tad off.

Thanks all!

1.7 with realism overhaul has got me back into the game again! 1.3.1 was getting old with the mods not working properly! 

need to check MM cfg's. you probably have one coming in behind whatever changes you are making and overwriting them. 

the rcs thruster thing is probably an ro config and need to look at the tech tree for the thrusters to see if they eventually upgrade to n2.

there is ALOT going on with rss/ro rp1. 

but instead of adding more fuel you can change the isp of the engines to use less. 

same with the direct fuel consumption so like for LF and oxidizer its usually 0.9 and 1.1 you could change those to 0.45 and 0.55 instead. with RO and real fuel you are just going to have to dig. 

2 hours ago, Valaco said:

I did a fresh install of KSP and I get these errors when loading a Falcon rocket.

f3b887883489a3c4bd168d98a2a3f403.png

It's not an error it's a stupid change squad made to the new versions of ksp that creates metadata files for the craft files. Now instead of just working they record all part modules in the craft and make a useless warning if you are missing whatever mod made them(which almost never actually matters). It's not important, you can just load the craft and re-save it and it will get rid of that warning.

On 6/16/2019 at 3:22 PM, Munarmunar said:

D-2 reach orbit has 75kmx75km LKO

D-IV heavy had need KJR mod 

Concerning performance issues of the rocket, I'll make sure to include an Old School Fairings MM-config in the next patch, this should give more stable ascents and more consistent performance from the rockets.

Also, we have a nice review from KottabosGames! :)

51 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Concerning performance issues of the rocket, I'll make sure to include an Old School Fairings MM-config in the next patch, this should give more stable ascents and more consistent performance from the rockets.

You did include it, these people just aren't installing OSF. The mm config can't help if they don't have the actual mod installed.

2 hours ago, raidernick said:

You did include it, these people just aren't installing OSF. The mm config can't help if they don't have the actual mod installed.

You are right but how should anyone know that OSF is an dependency? It`s not listed as dependency in the first post for the Delta-Pack, only for the very old Atlas-Pack.

Edited by Cheesecake

56 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Since I have realism overhaul, do I still need to download this, or is it actually included in realism overhaul itself?  

Thanks! :)

realism overhaul is only a set of configs, it doesn't include parts. You NEED the part mods if you want RO to work, so in short, yes you need this.

3 hours ago, raidernick said:

realism overhaul is only a set of configs, it doesn't include parts. You NEED the part mods if you want RO to work, so in short, yes you need this.

Thanks for explaining.  I'll grab it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.