Just seen Ender's Game, some fine space CGI

iDan122

If an asteroid hits you with vector a , the ship needs to thrust towards vector -a, but in the process the hull pierces the asteroid even harder :D

Please stop with this "inertial dampener" nonsense, it makes no sense at all....

Movie handwavy nonsense to make the average person understand it easier. I for one am looking forward to watching enders game. It seems like a much more realistic depiction of space combat and strategy that the ususal dribble.

I liked the movie, in spite of its "chosen boy" plot similar to Harry and Percy.

Although years of Outer Limits, Star Trek and various other media made the big plot behind the story somewhat predictable for me.

I figured out the plot of The Village equally fast. (But Sixth Sense still hit me in the face!)

---

Inertial Dampening is not meant to counteract movement forced upon the vessel from outside, but to dampen inertial effects of any movement of the vessel on the crew inside it.

It's an energy field. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds our bones together.

Although years of Outer Limits, Star Trek and various other media made the big plot behind the story somewhat predictable for me.

I figured out the plot of The Village equally fast. (But Sixth Sense still hit me in the face!)

They foreshadowed it pretty heavily in the film compared to the book.

The Usual Suspects is the one that I never saw coming.

I liked the movie, in spite of its "chosen boy" plot similar to Harry and Percy.

The book doesn't throw the "chosen boy" stuff at you really until he's already been in the battle school for a little while. At least the way I understood it, at that point her was just another candidate that showed some particular promise. However as Battle School went on, they decided he was the guy and actually broke how the school normally worked to train him faster.

Plus the big plot change was a bit more of a shocker in the book, so me. it played off our methods of dehumanizing our enemy in order to kill them easier and then reveals that big shock to your system. Its a pretty effective twist of the knife to the feels, man.

I figure the movie made both these changes to bow down to time constraints. Personally I wonder how much material hit the cutting room floor...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.