So I, uh, found something...

RogueMason

First, I have no idea if anyone knows about this already, so forgive me if this is a known feature. I've never seen or heard of it before.

I decided I'd check the Astronaut complex, seeing as I just sent something to Duna and followed it the whole way there. I clicked slightly elsewhere of where I normally would, and guess what (check the bottom left of the first screenie...):

pZW6PMz.jpg

Umm...

IeXaQDy.jpg

:0.0:

HOLY MOTHER OF--

I literally (and I mean literally) squawked when I saw this. Now that was some epic mis-clicking. Like I say, I don't know if this is known already, but... oh my.

I know about that feature but I only found it by accident, same as OP. It sure is no secret but since the flagpole is so tiny it's usually not obvious it is possible to click on it.

It would probably help if the whole grass field around the flag was clickable for the same function.

By the way the flag next to launchpad is also "selectable" but clicking on it does nothing.

I found something similar a few weeks ago: the KSC Monolith is visible in the Space Center screen. It's the tiny speck way in the distance - barely visible, but definitely real.
This stands to reason, since the Space Center screen shows the "real" view (though it doesn't load ships), rather than being a pre-rendered image. You can move the camera about in the space centre screen.

We need real loading hints to point this sort of stuff out. Things like double clicking on windows lets you look around and zoom in in IVA. It impossible to descover some things in KSP except by accident.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.