Want to go to Eve and back? Try this.

I just landed this on Eve about an hour ago, and would have gotten it in orbit.......had I not had it locked on retograde. :blush: Redshift would you mind if I use this in my go everywhere series, full credit for the design of the ship of course. The only mods I mad to the craft was launch clamps (because exploding launch pads are a thing), one more set of landing wheels, and hotkeying the brakes and deployment of landing gear on the chute key. It was an awesome flying fuel station, but it was just so Kerbal :sticktongue: .

Oops. I'm a bit late in replying but yeah, you can use this in your series no problem.

• 10 months later...
On 2/9/2015 at 5:52 AM, Redshift OTF said:
On 2/9/2015 at 5:52 AM, Redshift OTF said:

Oops. I'm a bit late in replying but yeah, you can use this in your series no problem.

LOL I am going to try this in 1.0 with some tweaks to the design, although some that I have been practicing with have been very bad floundering flops.  I couldn't make the video sadly due to a major pc issue that caused me to reformat the whole thing, but when you have a new design I would love to give it a go again as this one did make it there and back in .90 (I think that was the one I tested it in).

Heh, this is a bit of a necro bump. This was my most popular craft, I think I had almost 1500 downloads of it. However it is completely unsuitable for 1.0.5 and there are far better landers out their for Eve, (Eve doesn't need 12000 DeltaV to get off the surface any more), and this was made before the game had any heating physics in it. I might revisit this one day.

On 1/27/2015 at 10:08 AM, Starslinger999 said:
Francesco said:
Nice, but dropping nuclear engines near KSC is bad taste :sticktongue: :sticktongue:

Actually if kerbals are green so technecly they can survive radiation easily (or they would ban nukes like USA and russia did.)

That makes no sense whatsoever

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.