[0.23.5] Planitron Reloaded - Update - (25th may '14 v0.3.7)

philotical

thank's..

so far it's strange - let's hope the log will help a bit..

Otherwise, the "I can't replicate, so I can't fix"-constant (da one dat rulez da univerz, u no)

will most likely take effect against our will..

Edit: I did not test with EVE - although I can't see a relation - but who knows..

Would you be so kind to move the EVE folder temporarly out of gamedata to see if it's that?

If yes, I'll install EVE and make it work... - still I doubt it..

Output_log.txt is here

What's strange is that there's no errors and by all accounts, the plugin is loaded.

And yet, I see no icon.

Dm7yehY.png

Stock craft, clean install with only Planitron and Toolbar installed.

Output_log.txt is here

What's strange is that there's no errors and by all accounts, the plugin is loaded.

And yet, I see no icon.

http://i.imgur.com/Dm7yehY.png

Stock craft, clean install with only Planitron and Toolbar installed.

I'm so glad you reported this..

otherwise I would never have found out how inept I really am..

HAHAH

The problem is - your screen is smaller than mine, my icon seems to forget to save any kind of position and in the download, the default setting places it at the lower end of my sceen's size..

so - the ugly truth is, the plugin works but you just don't see it - wow - the cause still sounds like the bug report in the first place hahah..

So until I figured out, why my button is stubborn, you can fix it by opening the config file at

GameData\Philotical\Planitron\PluginData\PlanitronReloaded\config.xml

and change the button position setting to something like this

<rect name="buttonpos">
<xmin>153</xmin>
<xmax>207</xmax>
<ymin>[B]135[/B]</ymin>
<ymax>[B]189[/B]</ymax>
</rect>

<ymin>135</ymin>

<ymax>189</ymax>

is the problem..

now it's

835 and 889

set them lower but reduce them the same rate or the button might be screwed..

so 35/89 is ok too..

Again: thank's for taking the time to report this..

I assume it bothered many but no one spent the time telling me..

I owe you one.. :-)

Official message:

The bug will be fixed in the next update...

until then, please use the fix explained above....

Edited by philotical

Haha, brilliant... sneaky icon was hiding from me! :D Glad it was an easy fix after all this. Slightly related: is there a way to move the button? I don't mind it not saving position but until you can get Toolbar support working, I'd like to at least move it to be near it.. or am I going to need to change the config for that?

as far as I can see by now, it uses on every start the settings file for position..

you can move it around with the mouse (grab it at the border) - but it will not save that position until next update..

So if you want a different start up position, the settingsfile is the way to go..

As a side note

if you leave Kerbin SOI, the button (should) disappears - so it's just bothring on kerbin..

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Keep up the good work! Haven't use it yet and new to kerbal for about 4 days. Though, I'm building a wholeheartedly larger version of the space power plant that seen in youtube made by someone else which is a whopping smaller than mine, but the problem is this, I can't test it much at this stage due to the weight of the boom, yea, it's a one piece and packed ready to go (well, when it's finished), they bend like the olympic vault pole and nearly well have broken at the elbow joint if I went further unfolding it, lol. I found this mod and wondering if it has zero gravity. Hopefully it'll cover the kerbal space center itself, if I had to guess the size of my solar power plant, from the center of the ship, outward to the tip, unfolded (and unbent, lol), I'll say anywhere in the ballpark of 150-200 foot (give or take), so that'll make it a width of 300-400 foot wide. A challenge? Definitely! But would be easier and quicker if I could test ground this instead of dozen after dozen of tweak-launch-tweak, also would be better this way otherwise that's a lot of booster repositioning/reconfiguration, lol.

I found this mod and wondering if it has zero gravity. Hopefully it'll cover the kerbal space center itself

Hi - and welcome to the forums (and KSP)

it covers the whole planet..

but it has no zero G..

the lowest setting you can have is Gilly if I recall correctly..

I think what you need is an insider tip for newbees..

Hit Alt+F12 - you will get the "cheat window" of KSP..

there you have a button named "Hack Gravity" - afaik, this is zero G..

Good luck..

Fun fact: the Hack Gravity option's gravity is higher than Gillys.

lol - didn't know that..

but an other fun fact - that button seems to be gone now..

in my 0.23.5 in space center - no more hack gravity button..

Am I blind or did they remove it after 0.23?

oh well - never mind - I don't really care actually..

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to make this functionality within a different scene, accessed through different building? I like the concept, though it feels a little cheaty at the moment, and can frankly be achieved simply through hyperedit. I don't pretend to know everything about how Unity works or anything, but theoretically you could have a "Computer simulation" or "wind tunnel" scene, that crafts were flown in separate from main flight scene, thus disentangling it from cheap tricks like using Gilly mode to escape SOI, or any other thing like that.

Would it be possible to make this functionality within a different scene, accessed through different building? I like the concept, though it feels a little cheaty at the moment, and can frankly be achieved simply through hyperedit. I don't pretend to know everything about how Unity works or anything, but theoretically you could have a "Computer simulation" or "wind tunnel" scene, that crafts were flown in separate from main flight scene, thus disentangling it from cheap tricks like using Gilly mode to escape SOI, or any other thing like that.

Possible?

probabbly yes

Do I know how?

definately not right now

This was just intended to rewife the planitron functionality in KSP.

Mainly because I thought it's an easy way to learn c# and Unity coding.

I did not invent the plugin, just rewrote it..

I have actually no intention to add any new features that go this far beyond the original plugin.

The wind tunnel idea is great - however - if I would dare to start with such a sofiticated addon, I would make a new one instead of violating this one..

Cheaty:

it is a cheat - no way I could debate that - it's a cheat!

However - if you use it to go to space, lol, you even cheat more than the original intent - so this is your own responsability hahah

• 3 months later...

To be honest - on my dev install, I only have my current work - so I don't even know..

It should work as advertized I guess - if not, let me know and I'll fix it..

For general info:

It is planned to rewrite this eventually - it was my first ever KSP addon and it's crappy..

..but as long as it works, aka the thread goes necro - it's no priority..

its not working for me-there s no icon on toolbar

that's not surprising - it's not intended to work with toolbar..

it has a custom button..

If you don't see that button, it might be you have the same issue as described in first post:

- Button not visible for all [not fixed but workaround known - see below]

Situation: the plugin works as there are no error messages, but no button visible!

It seems i harcoded a button position in the config file that does not work for all screen size settings..

My bad - sorry..

Additionally the plugin does not save any other positions, set by the user.. - both is not intended that way.

until than, you can use the fix described here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/78857-0-23-5-Planitron-Reloaded-Update-%2825th-may-14-v0-3-7%29?p=1225670&viewfull=1#post1225670

Many thank's to ObsessedWithKSP for reporting the issue and helping by identifying the cause..

hope that helps for now..

• 8 months later...

hate to necro a thread but i absolutely loved this mod when i was planning a duna mission and the sort of instant functionality of this mod made it the better option over something like hyperedit in my opinion.

I was wondering if there were any plans or such to revive or update this mod?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.