Bring my crew home!

trbinsc

Well, I stranded my first crew. My best efforts to bring them home have resulted in disaster (and a debris field). Bring them home! You may use any craft to bring them home. A video or pictures must be provided to win.

Debris field

1917Z.png

One of the pieces of debris.

4auri.jpg

Stranded Kerbonauts

uy8fO.png

So I\'ve been trying this out with a design based on Alehkhs\' SpaceJanitor One, which should be able to grab the pod in order to deorbit it...

But I can\'t seem to get that bugger into orbit, let alone go anywere near the stranded crew.

Also, the save file you provided seems to be causing enourmous lag for me.

Umm... Maybe. Or on the surface.

nefh9.png

Get \'em home! Somehow... You\'ll have to devise some apparatus to scoop them up from the surface. Custom landing legs are allowed for this challenge. Also, you are allowed to roll around on the surface with the stranded pod if you need to.

I noticed they don\'t have a parachute. Are we to make sure they land safely back on Kerbin?

I do have a stranded crew that still have a parachute attached, do you want me to upload the save when I get back from home? ;)

I noticed they don\'t have a parachute. Are we to make sure they land safely back on Kerbin?

I suppose that if you could attach a scoop-like structure to a spaceplane that is capable of going to the moon and back with fuel to spare you could bring them back safely.

Are we allowed to use mods?

Well, I stranded my first crew. My best efforts to bring them home have resulted in disaster (and a debris field). Bring them home! You may use any craft to bring them home. A video or pictures must be provided to win.

Debris field

1917Z.png

One of the pieces of debris.

4auri.jpg

Stranded Kerbonauts

uy8fO.png

Is this version 0.14?

Guest E_Snap

I\'m really interested in that lunar retrieval system, as I would like to be able to have a back up just in case I get another freaked-out staging issue on the moon. Any chance you could post some .craft files when you\'re done?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.