godarklight

DarkMultiPlayer 0.2.4.5 [KSP 1.3.1] [Alpha]

First off, I wanted to thank all of the devs working on KSP multiplayer. It's an ambitious and awesome idea.

Just tried to start up a cooperative career game with a friend of mine. Unfortunately, we're suffering from the shared-reputation/kerbal deaths/lost vessels bugs, and to a pretty extreme extent. Even when we land vessels and recover them successfully, they sometimes count as destroyed, kerbals count as dead, reputation gets decreased, etc.,

Randomly, the kerbals may or may not come back to life (reputation isn't being refunded), and we see random explosions on the launch pad when nothing is going on there. No idea what's going on.

Caylis, would it be possible to get an upload of the DMP client forked version with your fixes (and any other important career-mode fixes or attempts at fixes released since the last official update)? The game is currently unplayable for us, and navigating the Git is proving difficult.

Kerbal DMP was never meant to be used with career mod and in past versions of KSP it was changed to some extend. The career multiplayer is higly experimental and contain bugs. The developer of DMP Darklight is now cooperating with us, developers of LMP or LunaMultiplayer which is overally complete rewrite of the DMP with improvements and in future probably some mod support or API. We haven't support mods or career yet, but I suggest watching our progress. :wink:

Have fun!

Ave! Toonu

Thanks for the heads-up on all of that, Toonu! Honestly, we would be satisfied with a much simpler multiplayer than what DMP is currently doing in some regards. The expectation going in was that we would not all be able to fly vessels simultaneously, but rather one person would fly while others observed/worked on new ships, etc,. and all resources (science, funds, ore, etc.,) would be totally shared, basically just a single science program with multiple administrators. It seems to me that that would be much easier to implement, overall - especially if one player is specified as the host, and their files are used by all. Thoughts?

I have redirected this message to my collegues and I'll send you PM with response, or you can simply join our discord server here https://discord.gg/efSv7M

Hello, I don't know if this is an issue with the file or my pc, but multiple scans on my pc have said that the DMP Server executable has a virus or can harm my pc.

I'm asking if this is a common problem that is nothing to worry about or if the file has been compromised

Thanks for reading

Edit: Never mind, it was just Windows Defender being dumb

Edited by LazDaUber

I actually can’t get it to work. It when I click add the button changes shape but nothing else happens