DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

dont know why but i can't log in to my new server. i was able to earlier but now i just get an error message. my friend can log in just fine. here is the part of the log that shows the error.

any idea's on how to get around this problem? I tried creating the server from scratch, also tried wieping my dmp save in my kerbal folder.

[LOG 21:03:20.618] [1118.158] DarkMultiPlayer: Trying to connect to 109.247.134.108, port 25665[LOG 21:03:20.619] [1118.158] DarkMultiPlayer: Connecting to *.*.*.* port 25665...
[LOG 21:03:20.652] [1118.196] DarkMultiPlayer: Connected to *.*.*.* port 25665
[LOG 21:03:21.612] [1119.161] DarkMultiPlayer: Mod check passed!
[LOG 21:03:21.613] [1119.161] DarkMultiPlayer: Handshake successful
[LOG 21:03:21.629] [1119.169] DarkMultiPlayer: Sending time sync!
[LOG 21:03:21.993] [1119.534] DarkMultiPlayer: Initial clock syncronized, offset 1660.974ms, latency 73.0041ms
[LOG 21:03:22.010] [1119.55] DarkMultiPlayer: Time Synced!
[LOG 21:03:22.010] [1119.55] DarkMultiPlayer: Requesting kerbals!
[LOG 21:03:22.109] [1119.662] DarkMultiPlayer: Kerbals Synced!
[LOG 21:03:22.375] Game State Created.
[LOG 21:03:22.375] Flight State Captured
[LOG 21:03:22.391] [1119.93] DarkMultiPlayer: Vessels Synced!
[LOG 21:03:22.391] [1119.93] DarkMultiPlayer: Subspace 0 locked to server, time: 100
[LOG 21:03:22.392] [1119.93] DarkMultiPlayer: Subspace 1 locked to server, time: 1519.85872362749
[LOG 21:03:22.393] [1119.93] DarkMultiPlayer: Locked to subspace 1, time: 1564.64235142749
[LOG 21:03:22.393] [1119.931] DarkMultiPlayer: Time Locked!
[LOG 21:03:22.394] [1119.931] DarkMultiPlayer: Starting Game!
[LOG 21:03:22.394] [1119.932] DarkMultiPlayer: Loading kerbals into game
[LOG 21:03:22.395] [1119.932] DarkMultiPlayer: Threw in Update, state STARTING, exceptionSystem.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Experience.ExperienceTraitConfig].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalRoster.SetExperienceTrait (.ProtoCrewMember pcm, System.String traitName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoCrewMember..ctor (Modes mode, .ConfigNode node, KerbalType crewType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DarkMultiPlayer.VesselWorker.LoadKerbal (.ConfigNode crewNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DarkMultiPlayer.VesselWorker.LoadKerbalsIntoGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DarkMultiPlayer.Client.StartGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DarkMultiPlayer.Client.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 21:03:22.398] [1119.932] DarkMultiPlayer: Sending disconnect message, reason: Unhandled error while syncing!
[LOG 21:03:22.399] [1119.932] DarkMultiPlayer: Disconnected, reason: Connection ended: Unhandled error while syncing!
[LOG 21:03:22.400] [1119.932] DarkMultiPlayer: Connection error: Read failure, System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: En etablert tilkobling ble avbrutt av programvaren på vertsmaskinen.

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Reinstalled the game and it worked fine :/

Edited by Thundagar

i have my own sever hosted by a company called hostaspace first of all i would like to know how to get it on to the dmp server list WITHOUT the server plagin thing as i cant upload it, and seond is there anyway to increase the clock speed to get more than 5/second, so you get smoother flight as this is external cpu should be no issue

is there anyway to increase the clock speed to get more than 5/second, so you get smoother flight as this is external cpu should be no issue

For smoother flight you need a faster CPU at your client machine, NOT the server.

For disappearing vessels you should explain what u do and when they disappear..

For smoother flight you need a faster CPU at your client machine, NOT the server.

For disappearing vessels you should explain what u do and when they disappear..

they dissappered, when he physics warped away from me and then when i synked he was no where to be seen and he could not see me, we also had similar issues in orbit where i would be able to see them by hper editing on to him but he could not see me

another issue, i have finally goit my host to upload nthe server reporting plugin and the web console says its connsted to the reporting server [20:28:15][DEBUG] : Loading plugin: DMPServerListReporter.Main

[20:28:15][DEBUG] : Loaded plugin: DMPServerListReporter.Main

so why cant i see it in the server list?

they dissappered, when he physics warped away from me and then when i synked he was no where to be seen and he could not see me, we also had similar issues in orbit where i would be able to see them by hper editing on to him but he could not see me

If any of you use the revert option don't expect to see each other at all.

To fix the reverting issue, make sure that whoever is in the future timewarps forward, and who is on the past syncs to them.

Then everybody must log out and leave the server empty, then login again.

If you are using the option where you log to your previous subspace some people may be on different subspaces.

If that happens, have someone to timewarp then have everybody to sync to him again.

That is the workaround I found to solve the problem where after reverting you don't see your friends, I hope that reverting becomes blocked by default on the server settings on the next updates, as it really breaks up stuff.

right... another issue im afraid, i got my server on to the server list AT LAST but when i am in the server and i refresh it is nolonger there and wont come back till i re start the server!! this is becoming really annoying as i want more people on my server!

what exactly is refreshing?

How is your server called and what is the team name?

Found your problem (you where the guy in the chat wherent you?)

the server address must be the ip without the port

you inserted "address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port: 6812"

and "XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX: 6812"

but it must be "XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"

you can send me your plugins cfg file via pm here if its still not working.

also you can use the description field and dont have to put it in the name.

(descriptions are multiline and support markdown for formating)

Edited by VITAS

I have an issue connecting to a server when I attempt to connect it says "Handshake Failure Invalid key for user"

Did you reinstall DMP and delete your config files? If you did, you might have deleted your unique key file. Thus you won't be able to join servers you previously went to for a while (or unless you change your username to something else) until your old key expires from inactivity.

Woah, haven't checked on the forums in a while :-/

@Everyone, My internet was down yesterday if anyone noticed, everything is back up now. I've also spent a little time working on Ye Olde Server List to verify d-mp.org's data (as that is owned by VITAS). Things look correct :)

@Aegrim: I did talk to the BDA developer a little while ago, I think he's looking at it but we haven't yet worked together to solve any problems.

@Vladthemad: Reverts aren't disabled by default because it shouldn't be a terribly big memory leak, but it's still there. I'd need to look at pruning the history (and maybe just saving it to disk), but KSP reverting has its tentacles all over the place, there's many places that can cause it to happen.

@Jansn/Vladthemad: I have very specific code that should fight against wiping of contracts - but if this is still an issue that I'll have to tackle it. I generally play sandbox though... Also, I'd expect all the modules to be lost at once if it failed to load properly. That's really odd.

DMPServer only holds the latest state, so restarting won't change anything.

Err, if ship doubling is easy to reproduce, let me know (and preferably catch me on IRC so we can test it)

Also, as far as making designs in single player, the DarkMultiPlayer save is safe to use directly - it's only the persistent.sfs files that are wiped on connection, not the ships.

Time warping is safe, but it can cause paradoxes (like driving through a future player).

@Deadpan110: I saw that, HOCGaming was my favourite KSP youtuber though and got there ages ago :). Although I did smile when I saw it - He got nearly everything correct to.

@AlthalusAvan: Thanks for letting us know, but be careful of the krakens :D

@Thundagar: That's a KSP throw, looks like there's something in the experience things that I have to detect.

@aman kd: I think you may have gotten me on IRC, but basically the server reporter plugin is required to appear on the server list. The reason for it is pretty simple, get the DMP servers to tell the server list when things change so it's instant, and a *lot* less chatty and cheaper on bandwidth as it doesn't need to be be scraped every minute or so. The really old server list I took down months ago used to scrape the json port, the new one just listens for connections from the reporter plugin.

Also, if you fail to connect to the reporter, there's a good chance it was down - I've been working on it a little lately.

@Shingles: Basically what longbyte1 said, you'll need to copy your old GameData/DarkMultiPlayer/Plugin/Data/(private|public)key.txt files over to your new install or use a new username. Unless you can get in touch with the server admin and get them to delete your old public key for you.

Player keys don't expire, the username is protected forever ;).

Edited by godarklight

My friend has this error when he tries to join my server: connection error no connection could be made because the target machine activley refused it, I saw the previous post about the topic, which helped me in no way because I dont know what a TCP Connection Refused packet is or how to fix it, we are using mods and we really want to play KSP together

@treesniper12: I should probably provide a more clear description for all these things that can pop up, but basically, TCP connection refused means this the server replied with "No, you can't connect to me", rather than just not replying at all.

The reason is pretty simple, it's always one of two things:

1) It's a port forward problem:

Client: "Hey, can I connect to you?", Modem replies: "What is this DMP thing? I'm just a modem! Leave me alone!".

2) It's a firewall problem:

Client: "Hey, can I connect to you?", Modem passes to your server, Server: "No, you're not allowed".

If you haven't set up port forwarding, it's a port forwarding problem - so check that first. You'll need to forward TCP 6702 (by default) to your network address (usually 192.168.0.something). If you have set it up, it's a firewall problem. Some antiviruses also incorrectly think they should be firewalls, so check them too :P.

Okay godark thanks for clearing up the problem a bit more, I understand what the problem is now. I think I have the port setup but it might be for the wrong computer so I will check that, and do you know a way to bypass my firewall for that? The only thing I have installed on this computer for anti-virus is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and I think that just scans for viruses, and doesn't do anything to prevent them. I'f that is not it do you think I could go to the 192.168.2.1 screen and turn off the firewall (Or bypass it) From there?

Edited by treesniper12

@godarklight: I would appreciate it if you can can move the fps to a server setting.

Cause of my experience with games like BF2 (modded myself for the OPK Mod) I have the hope that with more server fps it will take away some lagging of the server/client information interchange (in terms of physics and interval of information exchange between server and client) in the game.

Thats a hint of mine i would like to test maybe you have done that already and will tell me that for KSP this is a way that is not doable but I have not read a question or explenation from you or some other guys (ok to read the full forum it will take years so my apologys if i overlooked) to that in the forum until now.

Okay, what ip does 127.0.0.1 send you to, because I cant figure it out, I know its loopback but I dont know where the loopback is sent to, is it my public ip, private ip, or something else?

Edit: Also, while im at it, what IP does DMP use? DNS?

Edited by treesniper12

127.0.0.1 is a placeholder so to say.

If someone from the outside wants to connect to your server you have to give him the ip your hostcarrier gives your router look for it here http://whatismyipaddress.com/ for example.

And don't forget to route in the NAS setting or portforwarding section of your router menu the port of dmp.

Okay, what ip does 127.0.0.1 send you to, because I cant figure it out, I know its loopback but I dont know where the loopback is sent to, is it my public ip, private ip, or something else?

I'll try to make some analogies here :)

===

Description of IP addresses:

127.0.0.1 / localhost means "Home". It always refers to the computer that you are on.

Private IP's are usually in the range of 192.168.0.x, I'll use the example of 192.168.0.2, and they mean something like "Unit 5 in my housing complex", or "House 5 on my street". So 192.168.0.2 means something different to every single private network. Your private network consists of your modem/router and all of the connected computers.

Public IP's are basically any IP not in the range of 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x or 172.something.something.x, I'll use the example of 42.42.42.42 for the public IP now. The are like "42 wallaby way sydney" (of your unit complex). It means the exact same thing to every single computer on the internet - but it can't address your unit because it actually means the whole complex, or in your home computer terms, it means the modem/router.

"Home" and "Unit 5" (127.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 respectively) both mean the same thing on your computer, so you can connect to your own DMPServer running on your own machine with either address.

"Unit 5" (192.168.0.2) means your computer from within your own network, so locally networked computers have to connect to this address.

"42 wallaby way sydney" only makes sense from outside of your network, it actually means the modem/router in the private network which is obviously *not* running a DMPServer so won't work if you try to connect to it.

===

Now I'll bring port forwarding into it.

The problem is that computers on the internet can only address the "42 wallaby way sydney" part, and from within your own network it actually means the router.

If someone rocks up to your apartment complex (42.42.42.42), they'll get there and go "Huh, there's no DMPServer running here" and leave. What you need to do is hang a sign out the front of your place saying "Hey, There's a DMPServer running at unit 5!", this is called port forwarding. To do this you'll need to log into your router (there's a good chance it's http://192.168.0.1, it's whatever your default gateway is) and configure port forwarding. Just as there are thousands of ways of making signs, there's thousands of different ways to port forward - they all differ by router manufacturer.

===

As far as the last question goes, it doesn't make a lot of sense. DMP listens on "everything", so it's listening on "Home" (local host: 127.0.0.1) and "Unit 5" (private IP 192.168.0.2). If you port forward people will be able to connect to your server, a good way to test it is with www.canyouseeme.org.

DNS is also a completely unrelated thing, although you can use a free site like no-ip.com or afraid.org to give you a domain name so you can tell people "The sydney dentist" rather than "42.42.42.42". I personally use www.afraid.org myself to send http://godarklight.info.tm to http://203.206.79.85 (at the moment... it changes).

Loopback is handled in Windows' TCP/IP stack. That means that it only goes through your computer.

DMP accepts both domain names and IP addresses.

(Trivia: dmp.yourdomain.org. is just as valid as dmp.yourdomain.org if you notice the period at the end.)

Just wanted to let you guys know that we have a KSP Multiplayer Server up and running 24/7. It is done by the Spearhead Gaming community and the IP is as follows:

Server Name: Spearhead Gaming Darkmod & Server IP: 50.97.34.100:6802

Posting this in the General forum section also.

Edited by reschke
update