DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

8 hours ago, _darkjump_ said:

Handshake failure : invalid keys for user

The problem persists and I can't going on server ( the server : Nuts - Mod Friendly server). But its not working on any server

Can you help me please ?

I try to uninstall DMP but it still does no work, I try to uninstall and re-install my KSP but it still ....

HELP ME PLEASE !!!

DMP client has individual inner key that was made at its initial run. and server has user profiles having user name associated with the key.

So if you once delete the client, you lose the key. and then you can't connect the server with same user name. that is cause of the error.

Therefore, you can connect with same name there after the server manager delete your profile.

and if you want to avoid it, you don't delete the client but need to overwrite it when installing it.

Good luck to you.

so ive an problem with DMP. Mostly if i load an ground Base or Lander it laggs flys and crashes... Its very exhausting to load an backup. And again and again... ive record it to show the problem. Has anyone the same bugs. An Workaround or idea how i can fix it? - edit: DMP Stable build v0.2.4.0

please..

Edited by Schtiebuu

11 hours ago, Neil_Kerman said:

What are the things we can do with DMP. I am new to this, so please help me!

First thing first, DMP multi-play has some peculiarity move different from solo-play, and has many settings. therefore you should be better to get some experience with your friends with it anyway.

And then you and your comrades will be able to flight together in Kerbin atomosphere, build ISS, and go a adventure into the space.

The possibilities of DMP depend upon your imagination. Good luck for your happy launching.

On 3.12.2016 at 5:48 PM, Schtiebuu said:

so ive an problem with DMP. Mostly if i load an ground Base or Lander it laggs flys and crashes... Its very exhausting to load an backup. And again and again... ive record it to show the problem. Has anyone the same bugs. An Workaround or idea how i can fix it? - edit: DMP Stable build v0.2.4.0

okay ive found the bug. It was Realplume and or SmokeScreen. Don't know why but that has helped.

Hello,

I am having a bug with DMP (Last version of DMP and KSP), each time I reconnect after a few hours I have my last ship duplicated in the universe. I am playing carrer mode alone on the server at the moment.

DMP version = v0.2.4.0
KSP Version = 1.2.1

warpMode=SUBSPACE
gameMode=CAREER
sendPlayerToLatestSubspace=False

Any idea on how to fix that ?

Thanks

Edited by AntiOurs

2 hours ago, AntiOurs said:

I am having a bug with DMP (Last version of DMP and KSP), each time I reconnect after a few hours I have my last ship duplicated in the universe. I am playing carrer mode alone on the server at the moment.

I don't understand details of code that DMP has, but the situation like that often occur also in my server. 

Did you use frequently 'revert' function? perhaps, it makes a mess of time-space in a server, I think.
I suppose 'subspace' of DMP to cause to make such situation, so that we usually aren't using 'revert' button.

I don't know how this post will be of some use to you, but we think reappearance gets less than before.

Edited by EBOSHI
small revision

3 minutes ago, EBOSHI said:

Did you use frequently 'revert' function? perhaps, it makes a mess of time-space in a server, I think.

Confirmed, I am using a lot this function.
According to what I have read, it is supposed to be a standard thing Subspace+Revert. Isn't it ?

2 hours ago, AntiOurs said:

Confirmed, I am using a lot this function.
According to what I have read, it is supposed to be a standard thing Subspace+Revert. Isn't it ?

If it was without DMP, it would be a standard thing.

This is only my prospect below.

• I launched a vessel at 02:00 Kerbin time.
  • I reverted at 04:00 KT.
  • I'm in the VAB again at 02:00 KT,

Then, DMP might have a data of my vessel flying in the cache or might have a data of it at the time of autosave.

Therefore, the vessel in the data might come out at next connect, I think.

So, we are getting a 'recover' just in case. if cannot, we are landing the vessel with MOD:HyperEdit and recover it out.

Edited by EBOSHI
small revision

dmp cleans up every hour behind you as long as you do not change it in the settings.cfg file...

But it cleans everything that has not a probe core (or something that qualifies for it) or kerbals aboard.

Every other thing dmp sees as space junk and will remove it...

Edited by Nightmare

I'm uncertain if this is the right place to go, but could someone post the .dll file which I need to replace to get my clientside DMP working with 1.2.2?  I'm not terribly familiar with the compiling process, so I can't do it myself, however the edit is already on the git: https://github.com/godarklight/DarkMultiPlayer/commit/3acd9ac4862de1017afe000c6a5c72a542df8ac1

I've already checked the normal places I would get the updated DMP, and this version hasn't been uploaded yet.

41 minutes ago, NGXII said:

I'm uncertain if this is the right place to go, but could someone post the .dll file which I need to replace to get my clientside DMP working with 1.2.2?  I'm not terribly familiar with the compiling process, so I can't do it myself, however the edit is already on the git: https://github.com/godarklight/DarkMultiPlayer/commit/3acd9ac4862de1017afe000c6a5c72a542df8ac1

I've already checked the normal places I would get the updated DMP, and this version hasn't been uploaded yet.

Looks that the commit is on Dev version 3acd9ac. I downloaded that Dev version from d-MP and seems to be working again. 

https://d-mp.org/downloads/dev/3acd9ac4862de1017afe000c6a5c72a542df8ac1/DMPClient.zip

15 hours ago, Nightmare said:

dmp cleans up every hour behind you as long as you do not change it in the settings.cfg file...

But it cleans everything that has not a probe core (or something that qualifies for it) or kerbals aboard.

Every other thing dmp sees as space junk and will remove it...

Although I had expected the clean-up function went right before I ran DMP (almost 1 and half years ago), it doesn't works well in several cases.

So, we are making efforts to make it comfortable to play DMP as much as possible.

Edited by EBOSHI
small revision

Just wanted to give an update to you guys.
1.2.2 was released and yes, DMP does work with 1.2.2. I already updated the compatibility checker and the change is up; however, we're not tagging it yet (releasing a new version). I want to add as many fixes and features I can before tagging a new version, so, for now, use the dev build to play. There were no protocol changes so the dev build works with 0.2.4.0 (KSP 1.2.1) servers.

1 hour ago, RockyTV said:

Just wanted to give an update to you guys.
1.2.2 was released and yes, DMP does work with 1.2.2. I already updated the compatibility checker and the change is up; however, we're not tagging it yet (releasing a new version). I want to add as many fixes and features I can before tagging a new version, so, for now, use the dev build to play. There were no protocol changes so the dev build works with 0.2.4.0 (KSP 1.2.1) servers.

Thank you for prompt update!
We're glad to continue to play KSP with DMP. 

Thank you very much for your mod. 

I have just some questions, because i play with a friend and we test your great mod and we see for example, the other ship (during atmosphere flight) stutter, i don't know the word in english, but it's like the ship do not move fluidly. Same issue with EVA on Kerbin (we do not try in space for the moment) this is normal i suppose ?

Second question, actually we play with votewarp system, because we are only 2 and on Teamspeak, is the subspace system more adapted to our way of play ? because subspace system seems to be really difficult to understand. 

Sorry for my bad english, i wish you a good day. 

Another issue, my friend and me lost reputation with no reasons (-150 after recover a vessel for example) like on this thread : 

the two last post. 

Edit : and sometimes i can't see my friend on map that's normal ? (career mode) i don't see its craft 

Edited by Oshika