DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

Has anyone else noticed this: On the title screen if you try to connect to a DMP server that's offline (so you get a long timeout wait before it tells you there's no response), and you get impatient and try to click "quit' from the main KSP menu during that timeout, it freezes all of KSP and it requires a CTRL-ALT-DEL Task Manager hard kill to get unstuck - you can't even alt-tab out of it.

@godarklight

Ok we found the fail.

But if we are flying together every minute in my view his plane explode randomly and appears 5 sek after and its raining debris.

In his view my plane explode randomly too and appears after a few seconds

And can i change the setting that the server dont creates a copy if i hit my friend with a heatseeker oder minigun that he see it that i hit him?

Sorry if this is a silly question but would this mod let me run multiple copies of KSP on one machine with the aim of flying a craft in one window while building and launching craft in the other then controlling the craft launched in one window from the other window?

I`d like to be designing parts for a station in the VAB (in window 1) while docking other parts of it (in window 2), possibly with a third copy running to just launch craft.

Hope that made sense.

I was just trying this out and was wondering, i have a 2nd monitor (not to mention computer connected to the tv) so would it be possible to build some sort of 'slim' client with say, the tracking station so it can be used separate to the game?

Guessing it might not be possible but if you don't ask.. :)

@Albrat Welcome to the fourms!

DMPUpdater cannot run twice, there's no jump back method. Have you just got it in a script twice perhaps?

@Steven Mading/Everyone: I decided to hunt down that bug that causes the hang on connect (and it looks like it could affect in-game too), it should be fixed in the development version. There's a few things I want to get around to before pushing a 0.1.5.3 (lag killer + bits-that-break-off-controlled-craft-to-avoid-duplicates remover).

@Soundwave__007: DMP does not update other players active crafts - so what you're actually doing by shooting it is creating debris that is synced back to the server, which they will then see, even though their plane is still completely fine. There's no clear solution to sync this due to the time paradox, apart from taking the easy way out and deleting parts that fall off controlled vessels.

There may be a way to do "battle" mode as an option in the future, but expect even more bugs :(

@John FX: Yeap, as Redneck said, just connect with a different player name on the second instance.

@Redneck: <sarcasm>Bugs?, I have no idea what you are talking about</sarcasm> :)

@Dilin: Nope, DMP doesn't mess with parts. I also do have a bug tracker here, but I haven't been paying attention to it lately, I know what I need to do to improve DMP (Dupe bug is critical, lag killer is highly important).

@paulcdb: That's already possible (although having to sync might be annoying), but I suspect that stand alone map viewer is probably more what you need.

Hi there! First of all awesome mod! But i wanted to ask something about the Server when in campaign mode. It seems that everyone has a separate progression in the campaign, since i have around 8000 credits and my friend has 10000 but less science. Is there a way to sync that for all players? like a co-op mode where someone can research stuff on kerbin while the other guy explores the mun?

@paulcdb:

(In my defence, I never released this - it was mainly to learn a bit about how unity works. I already felt bad enough for making it haha).

@Archoncommando: Currently DMP has seperate scenario data per player at the moment. JoshBlake has proven it possible (he had a branch working for 0.23.5 - even shared kethane), but I'm going to build it on top of groups rather than server-wide (when I get around to finishing off groups...).

EDIT: lag-killer is in dev, it's only partially implemented - I need a protocol break in order to skip old protovessel updates, so I'll finish that off for 0.1.6.

Next step is the debris remover for controlled/updated by other players craft. 0.1.5.3 is getting closer :)

Edited by godarklight

I keep on getting DNS error when I try to connect to my friend or he tries to connect to me

There are no spaces or enters

It is let through firewall

Port 6702 is forwarded

What did I do wrong? :(

DNS error isn't going to have anything to do with this mod. If you assigned a DNS name ensure that it is setup properly and you can resolve it.

DNS error isn't going to have anything to do with this mod. If you assigned a DNS name ensure that it is setup properly and you can resolve it.

I'm pretty certain I think it was because we were running different versions of DMP. will check back.

Yup, that was it.

Edited by The Destroyer

@The Destroyer: goldenpsp is correct here - "DNS error" is a C# error that occurs when you can't resolve a hostname (godarklight.info.tm) to an IP address (202.173.175.123).

@dsonbill: If you're serious about making things easier for linux users, we could always write up a packaging script for your distro and I can host it on my build server. I only use debian now and would be willing to package DMPServer up as a .dpkg if there is enough interest, I have used arch in the past but I didn't get along with pacman. EDIT: Replied in the linked thread.

Edited by godarklight

@Methlon: Servers on the server list are guaranteed to be online as they are checked every minute, so there's no real waiting peroid other than that. Make sure you enter in the HTTP port and not the game port, you'll need to enable it in DMPServerSettings with the httpPort setting :)

@Everyone: DarkMultiPlayer 0.1.5.3 is now available!

It's a bug fix release and compatible with the other 0.1.5.x series.

EDIT: Pay no attention to the version listed in the README. I knew I forgot something. As always, git-version.txt is the correct way to tell which version you're running.

Edited by godarklight

@godarklight does DMP require KSP to be installed on a dedicated server(i.e. rack server)? If so, does it require all the mods to be installed on that server?

Nope. You don't even need the mods installed on the server.

Maybe in the future we might be able to make server-side mods.. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.