godarklight

DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.3.0 [KSP 1.7.1]

Recommended Posts

Actually I want learn soon how to compile LMP with help of Lothsan, and I was operating one DMP server where I played with friends. Its in CET time zone, so thoose who can't test with Us time, we can do it there... ? Maybe...?

So later I will be able to make new LMP updates for testing, not edit LMP itself...

Ave! Toonu

Edited by Toonu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talked to Dagger.  Going to setup a dedicated KSP server that we can all play on in a few days.  We're working through some difficult problems and last minute bug fixes.

Then I need to setup a dedicated server--either using Dagger's machine or mine.  I want to try to get Linux builds working first, as that's the server I have the best access to.

 

I'll keep everyone informed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can volunteer to test! What are you guys doing exactly? I got 2 windows pc's i can put 2 use. 

EDIT: I just read some of the thread...hell yeah Im in. It just so happens i figured out how to compile DMP last night and then changed line 53 from 0 to a 1 and recompiled. Worked perfect in KSP 1.2.1. I was pretty proud of myself for that But im no coder and I would be more then happy to help anyway i can. I know my way around a computer pretty well...just let me know. you can find me in teamspeak3 at OMP.ddns.net (orbiter multiplayer) most nights voice or text either one anytime from 6pm till midnight CST.

EDIT:2 has this been tested for lan play yet?

Edited by Redneck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2016 at 7:31 AM, godarklight said:

I've done the bare minimum (merged whatever rocky did, and then fixed a few compile errors for the unstable branch to 1.2), but it has had 0 testing, and KSP is now insanely crashy on linux so I cannot test it at all, so I highly recommend using forks. This might kick your dog and kill your cat, but the build is on my build server in my sig (unstable branch)

 

I've also been working quite a lot lately, and have moved onto another game so I've not had much time for DMP. When I do get some time I'll let anyone who has forked pick my brain for a bit, but I apologize in advance for the mess that is DMPClient :P

Hell no dark. No need to apologize. You done good son. We should be thanking you and Rocky. Thanks guys :P 

Edited by Redneck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Redneck said:

I can volunteer to test! What are you guys doing exactly? I got 2 windows pc's i can put 2 use. 

EDIT: I just read some of the thread...hell yeah Im in. It just so happens i figured out how to compile DMP last night and then changed line 53 from 0 to a 1 and recompiled. Worked perfect in KSP 1.2.1. I was pretty proud of myself for that But im no coder and I would be more then happy to help anyway i can. I know my way around a computer pretty well...just let me know. you can find me in teamspeak3 at OMP.ddns.net (orbiter multiplayer) most nights voice or text either one anytime from 6pm till midnight CST.

EDIT:2 has this been tested for lan play yet?

Can you tell me what file you changed line 53 from 0 to 1? Also, Will this fix work on the server client as well? I'm renting a DMP server from Clanforge and we are unable to use it after the 1.2.1 patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stopat5 said:

Can you tell me what file you changed line 53 from 0 to 1? Also, Will this fix work on the server client as well? I'm renting a DMP server from Clanforge and we are unable to use it after the 1.2.1 patch.

Just this one: DarkMultiPlayer/Client/Utilities/CompatibilityChecker.cs (github link)

I was going to pull the repo and change the same line.
Just need to set up my IDE and figure out how to compile...

As a workaround while waiting for LunaMultiPlayer and migrating my Server.

Eld0r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry it is line 56 not 53

GFh2lFK.png

This will allow KSP 1.2.1 to run DMP. I will not be posting any unsupported compiled versions or doing anything in regards to the DMP Git repository. You do this at your own risk.

EDIT: I have been getting alot of PM's from people asking me to upload the compiled version to them. I have decided against this. If I were to do this then I would be getting PM's about various DMP errors and what not. Frankly, I dont want the head ache. There are plenty of tutorials on how to compile/build on the KSP forums. I think at this point the best solution is just wait for LunaMultiplayer. This is the route I decided to go

Edited by Redneck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Redneck said:

I can volunteer to test! What are you guys doing exactly? I got 2 windows pc's i can put 2 use. 

EDIT: I just read some of the thread...hell yeah Im in. It just so happens i figured out how to compile DMP last night and then changed line 53 from 0 to a 1 and recompiled. Worked perfect in KSP 1.2.1. I was pretty proud of myself for that But im no coder and I would be more then happy to help anyway i can. I know my way around a computer pretty well...just let me know. you can find me in teamspeak3 at OMP.ddns.net (orbiter multiplayer) most nights voice or text either one anytime from 6pm till midnight CST.

EDIT:2 has this been tested for lan play yet?

Quick update on LMP:

To get this to work, Dagger rewrote the time warp system, because DMP's version was very very complicated.  That rework had some design flaws and made playing the mod not fun/useful for any orbital maneuvers or rendezvous with other people.  We talked about the time warp, and he's rewriting it to account for those scenarios and hopefully we'll have an alpha build "soon".

 

I've been working on getting automated builds setup and my dedicated server online.  Once I do that, I'll provide links from which you can download the client build and play on either Dagger's server or mine to do some early alpha testing.  That'll allow us to continually build and run the latest version of the software as changes are made.

 

Once we've got some testing and we feel the mod is in good shape, we'll publish both client and server builds for everyone.

 

A big thanks to Dagger--he's doing the majority of the hard work.  I'm just doing some minor work around the edges.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds good following closely. I was on a outside server last night but nobody else was on. Ill try again tonite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Redneck said:

sorry it is line 56 not 53
[PIC]
...
EDIT: I have been getting alot of PM's from people asking me to upload the compiled version to them. I have decided against this. If I were to do this then I would be getting PM's about various DMP errors and what not. Frankly, I dont want the head ache. There are plenty of tutorials on how to compile/build on the KSP forums. 

Yes, line 53 in unchanged github file from 18.Sep (github link)

Ah okay, I will compile a version for our clients myself.

1 hour ago, Lothsahn said:

Once we've got some testing and we feel the mod is in good shape, we'll publish both client and server builds for everyone.

Thx for your great work. Can't wait for the first release.
Rodonay and I would love to test the hell out of LMP.

We are right now setting up our development environments. :science:

Regards
Eld0r

Edited by Eld0r
Just to much text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Redneck said:

sounds good following closely. I was on a outside server last night but nobody else was on. Ill try again tonite

Yeah--we're busy coding and setting up servers, so not much testing right now.  I'll PM you my contact info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About LMP.

At first, @Dagger, you are doing great job. and Don't push yourself too hard.

Today we build the LMP and played. It's awesome. but of course LMP is under development so it has some issues. I know that it is too early yet to post the feedback. but only one thing. I expect for adding the function of sharing screenshot, for visual communication with other players.

Edit:

Since I played LMP, I have a renewed sense of the respect for DMP and @godarklight

Best wishes to all in this thread!

Edited by EBOSHI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i was reading on github that LMP will be using Lidgren library. I wasnt sure what this was or what it did So I googled it and it looks like it produces some very nice results in Unity

 

Edited by Redneck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's like @RockyTV, the new option console is more organized, in latest build of DMP.

 

Edit:misspelling

Edited by EBOSHI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2016 at 0:04 PM, EBOSHI said:

About LMP.

At first, @Dagger, you are doing great job. and Don't push yourself too hard.

Today we build the LMP and played. It's awesome. but of course LMP is under development so it has some issues. I know that it is too early yet to post the feedback. but only one thing. I expect for adding the function of sharing screenshot, for visual communication with other players.

Edit:

Since I played LMP, I have a renewed sense of the respect for DMP and @godarklight

Best wishes to all in this thread!

After working on the code, I have SUPER respect for @godarklight .  The problems he was dealing with are insane.

LMP is getting better, but it is super super unstable.  Dagger will likely be out for the next couple days or so, but I've been working on fixes here and there.  There are still critical breaking bugs all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2016 at 8:17 PM, Lothsahn said:

After working on the code, I have SUPER respect for @godarklight .  The problems he was dealing with are insane.

LMP is getting better, but it is super super unstable.  Dagger will likely be out for the next couple days or so, but I've been working on fixes here and there.  There are still critical breaking bugs all over the place.

Sounds great! When LMP is availiable, will i have to install it on the server again from scratch or will the DMP - updater work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Whizzkid said:

Sounds great! When LMP is availiable, will i have to install it on the server again from scratch or will the DMP - updater work?

LMP is not DMP, thus the DMPUpdater by @godarklight won't work.
EDIT: 0.2.4.0 is here, supporting KSP 1.2.1. Will take a bit until the version hits SpaceDock and Curse.
Client: http://godarklight.info.tm/dmp/build/release/DMPClient.zip
Server: http://godarklight.info.tm/dmp/build/release/DMPServer.zip

Edited by RockyTV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2016 at 3:17 PM, Lothsahn said:

After working on the code, I have SUPER respect for @godarklight .  The problems he was dealing with are insane.

LMP is getting better, but it is super super unstable.  Dagger will likely be out for the next couple days or so, but I've been working on fixes here and there.  There are still critical breaking bugs all over the place.

Resolved a number of the crashes, but quite a few still remain.  Identified some core flaws in vehicle position updating which was causing some of the jerking issues present when interpolation isn't happening.  Now we're working on resolving those and the other crashes.

 

I know some people are chomping at the bit for a build, but this will take a little while to get critical details right.  We could do an initial release with the code we have now, but really, it's not a fun experience.  Just use DMP for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone know why some mods / mod parts didnt recognized in the DMP? some Parts of KW Rocketry arent possible to whitelist. Any Ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Schtiebuu said:

Did anyone know why some mods / mod parts didnt recognized in the DMP? some Parts of KW Rocketry arent possible to whitelist. Any Ideas?

just disable mod check in server config

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Schtiebuu said:

Did anyone know why some mods / mod parts didnt recognized in the DMP? some Parts of KW Rocketry arent possible to whitelist. Any Ideas?

Check your "DMPModControl.txt" for listing those MOD parts on "partslist".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Handshake failure : invalid keys for user

The problem persists and I can't going on server ( the server : Nuts - Mod Friendly server). But its not working on any server

Can you help me please ?

I try to uninstall DMP but it still does no work, I try to uninstall and re-install my KSP but it still ....

HELP ME PLEASE !!!

 

 
 
 
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _darkjump_ said:

Handshake failure : invalid keys for user

The problem persists and I can't going on server ( the server : Nuts - Mod Friendly server). But its not working on any server

Can you help me please ?

I try to uninstall DMP but it still does no work, I try to uninstall and re-install my KSP but it still ....

HELP ME PLEASE !!!

 


 
 
 
 


 

 

You're probably using a user that exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.