DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

3 hours ago, godarklight said:

Hence why I tell RockyTV my hunches and he's been doing the git committing and replying here.

I think my ultimate hope is that LMP kicks DMP's behind, as an active mod developed by someone who actually plays KSP has at least a chance of fixing problems that arise. I nearly didn't want to update to 1.2 and just do what KMP did, by locking and forwarding - but they've rewritten some parts that need a bit more work from what I've heard. Surely with time though they'll be better, if they aren't already :)

EDIT: The procedural bit is completely deterministic, as in y=x^2, but if you draw a line from 0-1 you get a different line then if you draw a line from 0.5 to 1.5, despite coming from the same function. If the points could be binned somehow, I suspect that is what would fix it, but I know almost nothing about how KSP samples the ground and draws the mesh. The solution shouldn't require network transfers, just some type of way of making the ground completely deterministic, such as binning the origin of the ground mesh to the nearest 2km grid or something along those lines (although I suspect this isn't how KSP does the ground, so that might be impossible)

I might actually make a quick little mod that someone else can video to demonstrate what the PQS actually looks like around the vessel, if I can get someone else to record it to show you what I mean.

Yeah, LMP is not ready for prime time.  I've been poking at the code and making some parts a lot better, but there's some massive performance issues in the code, etc.  All the work I've done so far may map to DMP (as it's just how to reliably set the position), so I'll try to port that over when I'm done.  DMP doesn't have the lag issues that LMP has, and my first attempts to even find the slow code have been unsuccessful.

Heh, ever since KSP 1.1 came out I forgot I could just run 1.0.5. But in any case this applies:

5m offset:

p81Smi8.jpg

You can see some places where the terrain goes 5m higher than the PQS

Side view:

d8T9LFK.jpg

Top view with 0m offset:

sejARDZ.jpg

Red areas mean PQS is higher, grassy terrain is where obviously the terrain is higher :wink:
And because someone probably tried to drag their mouse around to rotate this picture, have a video instead:

http://i.imgur.com/ZfBbws2.mp4

EDIT:

REEEEEE

Have fun @Lothsahn :3

Edited by godarklight

I keep getting this error and dont know why... I have Near Future Solar and it tells me its outdated even though it still works. Could this be the issue?

[20:49:40][DEBUG] : Loading settings...
[20:49:40][DEBUG] : System.IO compression works: True, test time: 2 ms.
[20:49:40][DEBUG] : Loading plugins!
[20:49:40][DEBUG] : Done!
[20:49:40][INFO] : Starting DMPServer v0.2.4.1, protocol 45
[20:49:40][INFO] : Loading universe... 
[20:49:40][INFO] : Starting SUBSPACE server on port 6702... 
[20:49:40][INFO] : Removed 0 debris
[20:49:40][INFO] : Ready!
[20:50:57][DEBUG] : Online players is now: 0, connected: 1
[20:50:57][INFO] : New client connection from [::ffff:192.168.1.1]:53134
[20:50:58][DEBUG] : Loading admins
[20:50:58][INFO] : Client Josh handshook successfully, version: v0.2.4.1
[20:50:58][DEBUG] : Online players is now: 1, connected: 1
[20:50:58][DEBUG] : Sending Josh to subspace 0
[20:50:58][DEBUG] : Sending Josh 0 craft library entries
[20:50:58][DEBUG] : Sending Josh 20 kerbals...
[20:50:58][DEBUG] : Sending Josh 0 vessels, cached: 30...
[20:51:04][DEBUG] : Josh acquired lock asteroid-spawning
[20:51:13][INFO] : Client Josh disconnected in ReceiveCallback, endpoint [::ffff:192.168.1.1]:53134, error: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host)
[20:51:13][DEBUG] : Online players is now: 0, connected: 0
[20:51:13][DEBUG] : Error closing client connection: The operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets.

Edited by Osumunbro
forgot to add something

The server logs are always nearly useless - you'll need to paste your KSP.log file in pastebin and link it. Although it's probably better to get in touch via IRC, there's a chat thing on my build server page (I had to ban the one on d-mp.org, it was doing weird things)

Simply download the server zip, extract it somewhere and launch the .bat with admin privilegies. And enable in firewall if needed... This works for me...

If you need more assistance, contact me!

Ave! Toonu

Edited by Toonu

i just started today (with online, i have 400 hrs) and joined the "NoNameShips Stock 1.2.2 | Anything Goes" server, everything was fine, i played and had some laughs for a wile, im a bit confused on how to sync because the button wasn't always there and i just wanted to figure this out, so i pressed the button to warp a day ahead because the person i wanted to sync with was 3 days ahead, aaannd thats whe it went bad. i'm guessing that because there were 200 ships having to calculate trajectories for it lowered my FPS to the .0's and then froze. i exited the server but now i cant join back in because it immediately freezes when loading the ships, but it only froze on the last 3. other servers work fine. 

@Not Sure Just heard of that in IRC, it was a bug that affected everyone. I've also done some other little fixes too!

DMP v0.2.4.2 is now available for KSP 1.2.2!

Server admins might want to notice this:

Changed the "sendPlayerToLatestSubspace" server option and removed "keepTickingWhileOffline" (as it no longer makes sense).

When set to "false", you will be sent back to the exact time you disconnected.

When set to "true", you will be sent to the latest universe time (default, and old default behaviour).

As "pausing" the latest time while the server is offline / no players are connected, and remaining locked to a subspace while offline made little sense - I've decided to remove the option which should have never existed in the first place, the option should be a lot more intuitive now, before it depended if a player was online, now it doesn't. It'll also keep you paused even if you turn off the server.

Edited by godarklight
Got my true's falsed and my falses true...

I am using KSP version 1.2.2 and am trying to use DMP. I have installed DMP and used the updater on it but KSP tells me that it is outdated, should it delete the save. Even when i press no and try to launch anyway it still tells me that it's outdated. Any fixes?

Sorry I'm such a noob to this mod but even after watching people playing it I am a bit confused how this is going to work. I want to play a science mode with 1 other friend. I want us to share science and build and fly rockets together... is this even possible?

its still duplicating when reconnect, even when i go dmp menu/disco, then quit there are tons ov vessels when i reconnect, any ideas?

v1221622(torrent) x64 with lasstest (3 days ago) DMP updates, hosted on local, standard subspace sync mode

which log u need?

wanna me to test on clear/no-mod instance?

I downloaded the DMP client and followed the steps with the installation, but all I get when I start up the game is window saying DarkMultiplayer-Disclaimer. Is this supposed to happen? If so, how do you open it (I have tried clicking it, trust me)? Am I missing something? I really want to play this, and I have been searching for hours. Does some one now anything? Please Respond!

6 hours ago, Orion Astronaut said:

I downloaded the DMP client and followed the steps with the installation, but all I get when I start up the game is window saying DarkMultiplayer-Disclaimer. Is this supposed to happen? If so, how do you open it (I have tried clicking it, trust me)? Am I missing something? I really want to play this, and I have been searching for hours. Does some one now anything? Please Respond!

try to use unmodified ksp launcher settings file - it looks like the dmp menu is out of screen or sth

On 11.02.2017 at 11:03 PM, FTWG4M3RS said:

I have the newest KSP and the Newest DMP version and the server menu won't pop up. Is there a hotkey to open up the server menu

server is a stand-alone 3rd application

u can run it from any place u unzip it

it makes your 127.0.0.1 address accessible as server

u need some network sharing app to play with friends (i use Evolve)

DMP menu is known to be dissapearin/missing try:

- run ksp client as admin

- dont change the launcher settings, tune all later (not sure but it helped me or just RNG trolled me :) )

- use alt+F12 from ksp start menu to open dmp console to be sure its installed (it doesnt pop the dmp menu, just make u more annoyed ;P )

11 hours ago, Rybikson said:

server is a stand-alone 3rd application

u can run it from any place u unzip it

it makes your 127.0.0.1 address accessible as server

u need some network sharing app to play with friends (i use Evolve)

DMP menu is known to be dissapearin/missing try:

- run ksp client as admin

- dont change the launcher settings, tune all later (not sure but it helped me or just RNG trolled me :) )

- use alt+F12 from ksp start menu to open dmp console to be sure its installed (it doesnt pop the dmp menu, just make u more annoyed ;P )

I mean, is there a hotkey to open up the menu on the start up screen with the server list

AFAIK nope, i was struggling this case for 2 days and from my point of view as a programmer i suppose this menu is active but out of the visible screen or under some graphic layer.

Ill try to check if its possible to show DMP button in the main menu as some mods can (or their button just pop there by accident but looks like feature)

22 hours ago, JsJa said:

When I press Connect Mod it does not connect and this message appears: DNS error, unknown host

This means "domain name server error i cannot resolve the domain of your server to the proper IP address" so first check if u can ping this domain from your OS command line or better just put the straight IP instead of domain name.

Come on, it can't be that hard to clarify what you are talking about. Is it about DMP, are you trying to host a website? Really guys, ask a specific question with enough information for people to know what you're trying to do. Just repeating that your thingy isn't doing its stuff won't get you anywhere.

8 minutes ago, Harry Rhodan said:

Come on, it can't be that hard to clarify what you are talking about. Is it about DMP, are you trying to host a website? Really guys, ask a specific question with enough information for people to know what you're trying to do. Just repeating that your thingy isn't doing its stuff won't get you anywhere.

That was my bad. I'd split the question from this thread by mistake.

How do u guys deal with the duplication problem? Im liquided off - i push disco, then reconnect and got a total mess, duplicated vessels on different stages of the original travel path, mixed crews, depleted TAC, some vessels on the launchpad...

Local server, only player, win7x64, ksp1.22, latests dmp updates (both client and server), both run as admin.

4 hours ago, Rybikson said:

How do u guys deal with the duplication problem? Im pssd off - i push disco, then reconnect and got a total mess, duplicated vessels on different stages of the original travel path, mixed crews, depleted TAC, some vessels on the launchpad...

Local server, only player, win7x64, ksp1.22, latests dmp updates (both client and server), both run as admin.

I think duplication can occur if you use reverting - maybe others can confirm this. Also if you are more than one player on the server, don't spectate the final connection during docking