DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

@horndgmium: With computer networking, 127.0.0.1 always means the local computer - So you can just connect to that.

@The Jedi Master: Yes you can interact with other ships - Although I've still got a few major issues to sort out (duplication causing explosions and the 40-100m orbital positioning error).

"I installed exactly how it said, and it goes wonky, so I get rid of the DMP stuff, but THE THING IS NOW STUCK THERE." - I think you're going to need to be more clear than this. If you remove the DarkMultiPlayer folder from gamedata, it's gone and definitely *won't* be there.

Do not copy the mod into another folder in GameData - KSP still loads them.

hey any chance we could do a PVP with Darkmultiplayer? i tried to fire rockets at my friend (mod) and a regular drop bombs (stock small solid rocket booster) this server was a lan server so i could test and see if it would show me trying to blow up a live rocket.

Why yes!

Spazer.net's Battle Server will be mirrored over from KMP to DMP sometime this week (as will all of the Spazer.net KMP servers - some are there already!)

-BC

Edited by bcspazer

Updated to dev version, I can see friend now but still can not see his orbit lines, nor can he see mine.

We do not see eachother on the map either.

If I rejoin I can see the orbit line but not until.

Edit: Can see when I get above 50k or so, but it would be nice if I could have a setting to see it always for exploring planets with friends on the ground.

Also it would be nice if you could minimize the chat window or disable it with toolbar or right clicking.

Edited by Spider0804

What exactly are the parameters needed for players to see each other/fly with each other? Me and my friends have been playing on a private server for about 4 hours now and we haven't seen a single sign of any ones existence other than the menu that allows you to sync to their time. We're really confused to how this works.

I have a question. My friends and I decided we wanted to start playing the multi-player, and so i've downloaded all the files and threw them in game_data and all that good stuff. The problem I am having is the creating the server part. I opened port forward and figured out the IP address and its on static and everything. But when I try to create a server I get and error message I put in my IP address for the server address, the HTTP port i put 80(is that even right?) and then th server label I was just putting [uS West] Sandbox. I keep getting a message saying: "[h=3]This page contains the following errors:[/h]error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty

[h=3]Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.[/h]

I'm not sure what i am doing wrong, and this is all new to me, creating the server and everything so I apologize if the answer is right in front of me, just can't seem to figure it out.

Updated to dev version, I can see friend now but still can not see his orbit lines, nor can he see mine.

We do not see eachother on the map either.

If I rejoin I can see the orbit line but not until.

Edit: Can see when I get above 50k or so, but it would be nice if I could have a setting to see it always for exploring planets with friends on the ground.

Also it would be nice if you could minimize the chat window or disable it with toolbar or right clicking.

Chat window is closed using the min window, by clicking on chat again. There is also a plus/minus button in the corner of that window to minimize it, and it can be relocated at will by clicking and dragging the top of the window, when minimized or maximized.

@lancefoxcia: "hey any chance we could do a PVP with Darkmultiplayer?" - If I figure out in-atmo spawning without making the game lag, yes. Otherwise you'll have to do it on a body without atmosphere :-/. The orbital positioning error needs to be fixed too...

@horndgmium: "I mean if I were to try to make a server for other people to play on while I wasn't online, would that work?": You'd need to be connected to the internet and port forwarded in order for others to connect to your server :)

@Spider0804: That's another reason for me to get in-atmo spawning working - But remember KSP limitation of killing things when you get too far away. I'll get the 23km+ spawn working, but

made the game lag hard core and I had to revert it :(

@Voncot: In order to see each other fly in atmosphere, you must spawn on the runway together, leave the safety bubble (it's only 100m big), and take off together, and stay within 2.5km.

The orbital stuff works as soon as your status no longer says "Flying on kerbin".

@MattG: It means I should either stop serving XHTML as proper xml+html or look at my server list code :P. If you want to show up on the server list, you'll need to port forward the server status port (which is by default 8081) and obviously the game port (which is 6702). You'll only show up when my server can talk to yours.

Can you PM me the exact steps you took to get that error to come up?.

You can always host a server without actually adding it to the server list. When you start the server it runs in a stock config (all mods allowed, only stock parts allowed), you just have to double check your port forwarding with http://www.canyouseeme.org/ (port 6702).

Edited by godarklight

Hi, thanks for this mod who seem really cool, just instaled but haven't really used yet (only conect to myself)

ANYWAY, i have a little idiot question :/

I have close the plugin windows ingame (the one with chat, screen sharing, options, etc...) and... i can't figure how to open it back. I have try almost all keys without effect.

Can someone help me pls?

Someone knows how to create a server? because in the settings the server doesnt allow to see the IP and the ip (as the server.exe says so) is xxx.x.0.0.x, my friend cant connect and even with the gamemode:1 the research and cience facility is closed :/ (And there is a way i can pass my SP map to the DMP one, or if i cant, at least cheat with the persistent file to add enough ciencepoints to get what i had?)

If my friend and I run a private DMP server and we want to install a few mods which are more than just part files but also include .dll files such as deadly reentry. If we both just copy the most recent deadly reentry release off the forums and both copy it into our respective game data folders, will delay reentry work on the server properly? thanks in advance

If my friend and I run a private DMP server and we want to install a few mods which are more than just part files but also include .dll files such as deadly reentry. If we both just copy the most recent deadly reentry release off the forums and both copy it into our respective game data folders, will delay reentry work on the server properly? thanks in advance

If you set up the parts properly on the server, yup.

The easiest way to get a private server running between you and a friend is you slap your gamedata folder on dropbox and he downloads it, and if you turn mod control to 0 while using the development build you do not need to make a part list.

@Ghostexx7

Type in "whats my ip" in google and it will show you your ip, the server ip will be the hosts ip.

If the ip is correct and the friend still can not join then your port is not forwarded.

You can check this at canyouseeme.org

Requirements for port forwarding are:

Setting your computer to a static ip

Forwarding the ports through windows firewall or turning it off

Setting port forwarding in your router with your static ip

Setting yourself as the dmz host in your router with your satic ip

If you are missing one then the connection will probably get blocked along the way.

Edited by Spider0804

The easiest way to get a private server running between you and a friend is you slap your gamedata folder on dropbox and he downloads it, and if you turn mod control to 0 while using the development build you do not need to make a part list.

@Ghostexx7

Type in "whats my ip" in google and it will show you your ip, the server ip will be the hosts ip.

If the ip is correct and the friend still can not join then your port is not forwarded.

You can check this at canyouseeme.org

Requirements for port forwarding are:

Setting your computer to a static ip

Forwarding the ports through windows firewall or turning it off

Setting port forwarding in your router with your static ip

Setting yourself as the dmz host in your router with your satic ip

If you are missing one then the connection will probably get blocked along the way.

What about the maps?

How can i set up my Singleplayer map into the multiplayer server?? its career, with all the unlocks.

My friend wants to connect to my server, when he isn't here i understand he would connect using my public IP address. But he comes to my apartment complex a lot so he shares the same wifi as me. What would he put into the address box and port box for him to connect to my server? This is new to me so im struggling. I just cant figure it out since he is sharing the connection. I was reading about not being able to go on the same server because we share the same public IP address. Does anyone have a way around this?

Edited by MattG
Additional information

I gave this a shot expecting a similarly unreliable experience as per KMP and was pleasantly surprised. Even playing from NZ on a US east coast server the lag was not noticeable and syncing was fast and didn't bug out. Great stuff!

My only comments would be that, as a UI designer, I found some of the menus and dialogues a little unintuitive and frustrating to close at times.

- Having the menus appear over the parts menu when it opens means that if you click on the buttons in them you also incidently select parts behind.

- There is no "close" button on any of the dialogues (screenshot, chat etc) and yet it's not clear that the buttons on the main menu have been "toggled" either.

- It would be nice if the shortcuts for these were also listed next to the respective categories, rather than having to go in options just to find out.

- The listing for players and what they are doing is quite hard to see with the overly light gray background.

- Having to "select" a server first, then click connect above (without the server button showing any "toggled" state) is a bit confusing. Surely a connect button to the side of it would make more sense?

Also as a suggestion, given that this is more like another "game mode" than a typical add on, it would be really nice if the UI matched up a bit more with the general UI for the game. It sticks out a bit in my opinion. If you wanted the help i'd be happy to mock something up - check out my alternative Telemachus UI project here as an example of the sort of stuff i've done before.

Edited by Sli

@lemures: I assume you got me the other day on IRC - I didn't know that right clicking the title window makes them disappear. I'll have to figure out what unity is hiding from me and then I'll fix it ;).

@Ghostexx7: Generally, start the server locally, log into your router and portforward, and then you should be able to tell others your public IP address. Unfortunately I can't make a port forwarding tutorial as my build server *is* my router, but I'll stick a "How to host a server" video in the OP if someone makes a clear tutorial including port forwarding ;).

@Sizement: It will just work, but any part adding mods need to be added to the parts list and put in required. If you're using dev, it's much easier - You can either turn off mod control (turn it off is broken in 0.1.3.1), or get the DMP Client to look at your GameData folder and generate a mods file for you (Options -> Generate blacklist/whitelist DMPModControl.txt).

@MattG: I think I got you the other day on IRC, but computers within your network would connect to your network address (the 192.168.0.x one), and clients outside your network would connect to your public IP (the one listed by www.canyouseeme.org, assuming it still says success :)).

@Sli: DMP's UI's are pretty ugly - I like dealing with backend code more :P

"Having the menus appear over the parts menu when it opens means that if you click on the buttons in them you also incidently select parts behind." - I've definitely noticed this, I'll have to make them "non click-through-able" when I look at the UI stuff more ;)

"There is no "close" button on any of the dialogues" - Makes sense, I'll add them in.

"The listing for players and what they are doing is quite hard to see with the overly light gray background." - It should be black, I fixed / commited it locally (I forgot to apply a texture), but never pushed because there was 10 people on the dev server at the time :P

"Having to "select" a server first, then click connect above (without the server button showing any "toggled" state) is a bit confusing. Surely a connect button to the side of it would make more sense?" - This is one I disagree with. I admit the connection UI is an absolute mess (especially the Add/Edit Server thing), but a connect button doesn't belong next to the server. And the selected server definitely should be highlighted (Although it's only *just* highlighted)...

One day I'll get round to implementing the rest of JohannesMP's knockup: http://i.imgur.com/yTtb6JT.png

Also, in relation to using the KSP's GUI.skin - There's a windows bug that if you alt tab during the start of the game, the characters can get messed up.

See this, this, this, this, this, this, and this. I just did what nearly every other mod seems to do - I'm using the default unity skin ;).

@Everyone: Just incase my server flakes out, I've released 0.1.3.1 DMPClient and DMPServer (When it's approved) to curse. 0.1.4.0 is coming Real Soon

Edited by godarklight

Someone knows how do i place the same science archives, probes, and unlocks from my Career singleplayer to my career server??? We want to have the same and when he unlocks i too, so instead of doing a competitive we prefer doing a teamworking.. any answers?

Can anyone help me add mods to my server? I saw under the DMP Server file there was the modcontrol.txt file and I read all that. Is there an easier way than putting each mod in one by one in the notepad because im confused on which file i use to throw in there. Or maybe i am missing something. But im just having a difficult time figuring this process out. Any help would be great. Thanks.

So, did you kill the server DL? I was running a private server, It was buggy as hell but working. I went to go DL a new Server version and cant find it.

EDIT: NM I found it

Edited by UAL002