DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

Iv'e been trying to make a server for me and a friend to play privately on using Hamachi, although everytime I attempt to open the server console, it crashes. Here is a screen capture of the console error, any idea? I'm probably doing something wrong, my friend has the exact same mod as me(Only the E.V.E. mod) Iv'e been having a bit of trouble really understanding the mod part of it, is E.V.E. a mod that will actually conflict with other players? There really aren't any server-creation videos out there to really show me (Or atleast that I've tried looking for). Any help is appreciated! rDLqlBl.png

@Tetronamyl: The http server is disabled by default in dev now - Windows requires admin in order to use the HttpListener class.

To fix the problem, you can either run the server as admin (not really recommended as it shouldn't need it), or you can go into DMPServerSettings.txt and change httpport,8081 to httpport,0

Great Mod! really enjoying it. Fairly easy to set up. I had tetron's problem but luckily knew how to fix it. I searched this thread and I can't see if Infinite Dice's Skillful Weapons mod will work with it. What's the verdict?

Hi

I'm new to the forums and just wanted to say thanks godarklight for a great Mod, one of many developed by a truley awesome community.

Don't know if this has been mentioned already in the thread, but if anyone was wanting to run this server on Linux (Desktop, VPS or VM server) it works almost out of the box with Mono.

There are a few steps you'll need to perform. (If you're not running a Debian based distro use whatever package manager you usually use, yum if you're a RHL head or whatever). Navigate to your DMPServer folder and execute the following commands:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install mono-complete

sudo chmod u+x DMPServer.exe

Then start the server with:

mono DMPServer.exe

If you don't have Mono in any of your repo's you'll need to add it and this should work:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:keks9n/monodevelop-latest

I've found that unless you have ownership of all the folders and files you'll need to run the server with sudo, due to the creation of a DMPServerSettings.txt.tmp file that will be owned by root.

To avoid this navigate to where your DMPServer folder is located and do:

sudo chown <username>:<groupname> DMPServer -R

This will recursivley alter the user and group ownership of the DMPServer directory and all the sub files and folders.

You'll also probably want to run the server inside screen so it doesn't die when you disconecct from ssh. If you are not familiar with screen do a search on it, really handy for this sort of thing.

Edited for clarity, formatting and permisions fix

Edited by comatosed

@SniperTriple9: Visit me on IRC ;)

@Probus: It should work, but only against non-player controlled vessels (Which I guess defeats the whole purpose of a PvP server). Players don't send part or position updates for other craft.

@comatosed: I'm actually a linux user (debian/unstable) myself, and DMP gets developed on linux with monodevelop :). mono-complete should be in the debian and ubuntu official repos, I think the package is just called mono on archlinux.

@Alshain: Press on that tiny flag pole in the space center screen. It's in front of the astronaut complex.

@comatosed: I'm actually a linux user (debian/unstable) myself, and DMP gets developed on linux with monodevelop :). mono-complete should be in the debian and ubuntu official repos, I think the package is just called mono on archlinux.

This was from a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 (Don't hate me!) minimal server install hosted on Digital Ocean.

Maybe I had a brain fart when first trying to install mono, but at least that PPA is there for anyone who doesn't have it in their standard repo's.

All hail the mighty Penguin!!!! :cool:

Hi, I have set up a new server, registered an account on the public server list website, but every time I attempt to add my server, it tells me that the server already exists, but it doesn't show up under my account or on the front page?

Server Info Is as follows:

[24-7 US-Central] Phantom's Void Supermodified Career (MJ+Kethane+Interstellar+So many more i cant list them)(Download Modpack HERE: http://www./download/f61rer4z7ty4993/Phantom's_Modpack.rar)

Server IP: 50.179.159.39

Server Port: 6702

@Alshain: It took me a good 5 minutes to find it the first time after they changed the space center screen. It was easy to spot before that...

@Phantomewzick: I'm going to assume you typed in port 6702 instead of 8081. You need to enter in the HTTP port.

@Trailers: You need to roll out of the safety bubble first and be in the same subspace. After that, you'll have to stay within 2.5km in order to see each other.

@Trailers: Definitely not, the safety bubble on the runway only extends to the first white markers in front of you. 100m isn't very far in KSP.

Except for me and my friends, that works 20 percent of the time. Either one of them sees me, while I can't see them. Even better, I can see them, they can't see me.

It is rare whenever we actually both see each other, its very annoying.

How are collisions between other people's ships? Say if I wanted to ram my friends ship and smash it into several pieces, could I do it?

I believe structural updates work correctly, yes. Alao, regardless of whether it works or not, doing that makes you a douche :)

@Zaithe: Fixed - There was an issue with the server scraper ;)

@SoldierHair: You'll always connect to 127.0.0.1 for your own server. I can't test hamachi as I have linux, but it has been reported to work (I'm not not sure how to set it up, DMPServer listens on everything by default so it should just work). Port forwarding is a nicer solution if possible though.

@Monkthespy: I've never had issues while sitting on the runway, but as soon as you take off DMP can't update vessels in the atmosphere (mostly fixed in dev, atmospawning is back - you'll have to be within 2.5km of them though). If you know how to break it, then I'll fix it :). Make sure you're in the same subspace while attempting to fly though, you can see things from the past but not the future.

@Phantomewzick: I think I got you on IRC - It's online now, but the server info is scraped from DMPServerSettings.txt - The actual name on your personal list is just for you.

@choninja21: Yes you can, although with a few problems. You can't spawn vessels in atmosphere in 0.1.4.2, and in orbit there will be a (stable) position error. Also, you'll both try to spawn in debris, which will cause problems. I've mostly worked out those kinks in dev.

@KvickFlygarn87: Unless you're playing multiplayer asteroid bowling :)

Everyone: I'm targetting friday 18th for a release date for 0.1.5 for KSP 0.23.5. If 0.24 comes out before then,

this is likely, then 0.1.5 may target 0.24.

Possible situations:

KSP 0.24 comes out after friday: DMP 0.1.6 released a few days later.

KSP 0.24 comes out before friday: DMP 0.1.5 may target 0.24 if the porting work isn't all that great.

All I know is that the kerbal crew roster will be broken. I suspect that science/contracts will use scenario nodes, so I likely won't have to do anything to support it other than blacklisting those nodes from the sandbox game mode.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but whenever I play with a friend I rarely see him show up, like it's some sort of database issue or something. Whenever I do see him, he's glitching around or his ship keeps flinging around by 3,500m back and forth.

@Vladthemad: DMP has saved the selected flag for quite a while, ever since 0.1.4.0 was released. If DMP isn't saving the selected flag, I should probably check out the output_log.txt file :-/

Ok then I'm missing something...because I have yet to find where I can set my default flag to begin with. Unelss you're saying that if I change it in the VAB it will always stay the same flag when building a new ship until I change it again. That would be good too, but I don't think it's doing that. At least not when during restarts. It might be working within one game session. As stated, it's a pain to find out you spent 30 minutes getting to the Mun and it's the "Kerbal Space Program" flag when you plant it...grumble grumble. :)

Ok then I'm missing something...because I have yet to find where I can set my default flag to begin with.
If you click the flag pole outside the astronaut complex you can set your default flag.
Unelss you're saying that if I change it in the VAB it will always stay the same flag when building a new ship until I change it again. That would be good too, but I don't think it's doing that. At least not when during restarts. It might be working within one game session. As stated, it's a pain to find out you spent 30 minutes getting to the Mun and it's the "Kerbal Space Program" flag when you plant it...grumble grumble. :)

Unfortunately I've still had the flag revert to the game default several times using DMP 0.14.

I'm having serious problems getting my career progress getting saved.

The server does not want to save the ResearchAndDevelopment sceneratio sometimes but it saves the rest just fine.

I'm using the latest dev version from the build server.

Edited by aftokinito

I'm having serious problems getting my career progress getting saved.

The server does not want to save the ResearchAndDevelopment sceneratio sometimes but it saves the rest just fine.

I'm using the latest dev version from the build server.

I've been working on improvements to science (and shared science, kethane, etc.) but now that .24 out first priority is fixing DMP for .24.

A proper approach to shared kethane and other mods will require some more work and integration with those mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.