DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

I've been working on improvements to science (and shared science, kethane, etc.) but now that .24 out first priority is fixing DMP for .24.

A proper approach to shared kethane and other mods will require some more work and integration with those mods.

DMP seems to be working fine with .24, it is syncing the new scenaries just fine for me.

As for my problem, it usually gets fixed by completly deleting any trace of my player but the token, letting the server re-generate those files and then manually c&p the contents of the old files into the new ones.

If I copy and paste the whole file, replacing the old one, the server does not update it anymore.

I've double checked and it is not a permission issue (some of my players have never had this issue).

My friend was trying to join my server and got this error message: "An attempt has been made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions."

Doing a quick search it seems that this has occurred to many people in all sorts of games, therefore it is probably a network or firewall error. My friend does have KSP allowed in his firewall but this still happens. Does anyone have a solution for this?

@aftokinito/Everyone: DMP definitely broke with the 0.24 update, but I've fixed what I could see and pushed initial support for 0.24 now, So it's available on my DMP build page and DMPUpdater-development. I'll leave it settle for a few days so we can get any bugs that pop up before it gets pushed as 0.1.5 :)

EDIT: I've created a DMUpdater-0.23.5 branch - it's the last version for 0.23.5. DMPUpdater-development will only work on 0.24.

The DMP universe should automatically upgrade (The kerbals will get renamed from "0.txt" to "Jebediah Kerman.txt" due to internal changes with KSP), although if you have thousands of kerbals, feel free to delete them.

@arbiter787: That's an odd one, It might help if I check the log file. The only thing I can suggest is make sure you're not using a port number lower than 1024, otherwise you need admin rights :-/

Edited by godarklight

The logs don't seem to indicate that he even tried to connect at all; he probably didn't manage to reach the server. I can connect just fine though, so the problem is probably on his end. From my searches, it seems the issue comes up almost randomly. People have managed to get it working on one computer and not the other, along with various other things that point to it being on his end.

Clean install KSP&DMP 1.4.2 (Connection ended: Unhandled error while syncing) anyone now how to fix it?

That is probably because you are running KSP .24 while the current release version of DMP is for .23.5. The Dev verions *might* work (didn't for me of d4rkpow3r) but probably only if the server has that build as well. Just wait a few hours until DMP is updated to 1.5, which should work for .24. I think godarklight said that servers will automatically update to the newest release build.

That is probably because you are running KSP .24 while the current release version of DMP is for .23.5. The Dev verions *might* work (didn't for me of d4rkpow3r) but probably only if the server has that build as well. Just wait a few hours until DMP is updated to 1.5, which should work for .24. I think godarklight said that servers will automatically update to the newest release build.

Ah rite got you Thanks

A couple of us kicked the tires on 37f3698 for an hour or so and nothing broke. We're playing career mode with mods, modcontrol is off, settings are otherwise default. The server and clients are on windows, using 64-bit KSP.

A couple of us kicked the tires on 37f3698 for an hour or so and nothing broke. We're playing career mode with mods, modcontrol is off, settings are otherwise default. The server and clients are on windows, using 64-bit KSP.

What is the server IP?

Edited by NFUN

37f3698 is the first dev build that supports 0.24 - Although I might have still missed something. I'll double check things when I'm home ;)

Don't bother, I am an idiot. I just realized that I was attempting to connect to servers running 1.4.2 rather than the dev build. My bad, they work fine, though one gives me 'error handling VESSEL_LIST message". I am almost certain that it is the server's fault, not a general DMP bug. The 128bit.org servers do this, by the way.

@NFUN: The servers fault will also be DMP's problem :)

@Darkstar616: Protocol mismatch means the server version and client version is incompatible. I should probably rename that error to 'Version mismatch', although different versions can be compatible (and the 0.1.4.x series were all compatible with each other).

And huh? - No, the updater definitely isn't a virus (the source is available on github for anyone interested), nor should it hang in any spectacular way. There *is* one exception to this, It's a rare bug, but even simple .NET programs can flake out on windows 8. You'll probably want to visit on IRC so we can sort this issue out (There's a chat thing on my build server page in my sig)

Edited by godarklight

@NFUN: The servers fault will also be DMP's problem :)

@Darkstar616: Protocol mismatch means the server version and client version is incompatible. I should probably rename that error to 'Version mismatch', although different versions can be compatible (and the 0.1.4.x series were all compatible with each other).

And huh? - No, the updater definitely isn't a virus (the source is available on github for anyone interested), nor should it hang in any spectacular way. There *is* one exception to this, It's a rare bug, but even simple .NET programs can flake out on windows 8. You'll probably want to visit on IRC so we can sort this issue out (There's a chat thing on my build server page in my sig)

I'll restart my computer when I get the chance, I use windows 7 so I don't know. The process itself doesn't use much so it doesn't concern me right now, it's just annoying having it on my desktop unable to delete it.

@Darkstar616: It would still be nice to figure out, it shouldn't hang at all. If you put it on your desktop it should complain about not being in the KSP or DMPServer folder though...

@Preliator: The only reason DMP exists is because *I* want to play multiplayer with others, but generally the more bugs I fix the more people will hopefully want to play it.

@DuoDex:

(This video was never released because it honestly sucks), but seriously, DMPServer runs completely fine under mono, it's actually developed and compiled under mono as well, being on linux myself. @perds provides proof :)

really hope some of the server-client lag gets solved, its a unity things and probably has to do with rigidbodies, lots and lots of them....

just looking forward for lan support to alleviate most of that lag (on the computer the server is running on, that comps client has no lag, but a computer beside it has a lot of lag, going all the way into the internet and back again)

appreciate all of this great dedication.

really hope some of the server-client lag gets solved, its a unity things and probably has to do with rigidbodies, lots and lots of them....

just looking forward for lan support to alleviate most of that lag (on the computer the server is running on, that comps client has no lag, but a computer beside it has a lot of lag, going all the way into the internet and back again)

appreciate all of this great dedication.

Just what do you mean with LAN support? You can already play this at a LAN...

This is a horrible bug report, since I haven't narrowed down a cause yet, but maybe someone has seen the issue before. We had a half dozen playing on the server last night, with a couple of client crashes here and there. At some point a vessel must've been corrupted, because at the end of the evening nobody could recover, revert or return to the space center. My client told me there was a kerbal on a ladder, which wasn't the case.

I saved the Universe\ directory to look at later when I have more time, I'll let you know if I find anything obvious there. Once Universe\Vessels was cleaned out everyone had to delete their persistent.sfs file but things are back to normal now.

Hello,

I installed the client and server on my computer using DMPUpdater.exe (I launched it on the KSP game folder AND in the server game folder).

I launch the server, it says all is OK (I also opened the port 6702).

I launch KSP, I see the Darkmultiplayer menu, I connect to my local server, it begin to load some stuff, but at a moment I have the following error :

Connection ended: Unhandled error while syncing!

Do you have any ideas on that error and the way to solve it ?